Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-30-2013, 21:54   #1
bxchef29

KKM Glock 17 Match 9mm Drop-in Barrell

Just ordered one for my glock 17 gen 4. anyone have experience with these? I bought this cause all I shoot is reloads and I know some people use the glock factory barrels but i'm just trying to be safe rather than sorry.
bxchef29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 22:30   #2
Fate0n3

I just read read recently bought one for my 34. Def tighter lock up almost to the point that without lube it is hard to get the barrel in and out. I bought it for the same reason for the supported chamber to help aid keep case budlge down as much as possible along with shooting lead rounds
Fate0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 22:36   #3
bxchef29

Thanks for the reply and did you have a chance to shoot with it?, My glock still hasn't arrived, hopefully should next week
Old 04-30-2013, 23:12   #4
GlocksterJeff
Glock Armorer

I have a KKM in my 17L - very tight, very accurate! On a Gen 1 slide (mated to my gen 3 frame), the fit was so tight that I really would not call it a drop-in fit. I had to take a few thousandths off the front of the barrel hood for good functioning. I am very pleased with this barrel.

Last edited by GlocksterJeff; 04-30-2013 at 23:14..
GlocksterJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:18   #5
ca survivor

I have two for my 35 one in .40 and another in .357 Sig, instant accuracy job.
ca survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:45   #6
bxchef29

Thanks guys, i'm hoping this barrel just drops in. I figure I can just sell the factory new barrel and makeup for some of the 175 spent
Old 05-02-2013, 23:36   #7
Bluescot

I have KKM barrels in a G27 and G30 and the accuracy is better than the factory and they are truly drop in products. I'm shooting lead and jacketed out of those barrels and the lead is performing very well.

My G17 is still running the factory barrel as I don't have the lead set up for the 9mm and a Ghost connector and spring change out has the trigger functioning at a sweet level.

If I were to change barrels in the G17 it would definitely be with KKM over any other manufacturers after some bad experience with the others.
Bluescot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:36   #8
bxchef29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluescot View Post
I have KKM barrels in a G27 and G30 and the accuracy is better than the factory and they are truly drop in products. I'm shooting lead and jacketed out of those barrels and the lead is performing very well.

My G17 is still running the factory barrel as I don't have the lead set up for the 9mm and a Ghost connector and spring change out has the trigger functioning at a sweet level.

If I were to change barrels in the G17 it would definitely be with KKM over any other manufacturers after some bad experience with the others.
I see a few ghost connectors, can you tell me what parts it requires and the best place to order them?, I to would like to have a sweeter trigger pull. I was going to get one of those glocktrigger.com kits but read that the striker can go off if dropped(saw the video)
Old 05-03-2013, 10:24   #9
Bluescot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxchef29 View Post
I see a few ghost connectors, can you tell me what parts it requires and the best place to order them?, I to would like to have a sweeter trigger pull. I was going to get one of those glocktrigger.com kits but read that the striker can go off if dropped(saw the video)
I bought my Ghost 3.5 connector and spring set that came in a complete package off Ebay from a seller named Glockpolishing and the connector and springs together costs $17 and that included the shipping charges.

You get the connector and 3 springs and installing them is not difficult as there are many UTube videos to help you do it.

While you have the gun broken down it's a good idea to do some polishing of critical trigger components and again the UTube videos are handy. My understanding is the Ghost Rocket connector may require some grinding to fit properly so I did not buy that one, I got the Ghost 3.5 as it is a drop in. The only tricky part of the whole process is putting the slide stop back into the gun and if you take you time and study it out it is not difficult either, it's just tricky because you haven't done it before.

After installing the connector, springs, polishing the parts and some limited lubrication my trigger break now is right at 3.0-3.5 pounds. I don't use the G17 as a carry gun but more for competition and target use. I installed just the Ghost 3.5 connector on the G30 and G27 as those are shooters that I do carry and the trigger break is less but not to the point of also adding the spring kit.

Just go slow, do your homework before you install anything, and if you don't like it you can put all the stock Glock parts back in. Besides this will get you familiar with the Glock "innerds". Good luck.
Bluescot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 15:27   #10
bxchef29

thanks Bluescot , I m going to check out youtube , got a lot of greats things on there