GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-09-2010, 20:40   #181
Glockster84

wata jerk off,proley has a small ***** and drives a iroc camero.
Glockster84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:25   #182
llanero

Ahh, the "gun nazi". If you go into EDI, or "Steve's", and know what you want and give him the money for it, you're GTG. Anything else, especially when he's around his buddies, well...trust me on this one, the OP ain't exaggerating.

ETA, I can't believe I wasted my first post on this. (sigh).

Last edited by llanero; 04-05-2010 at 10:27..
llanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:32   #183
gatorhugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry16 View Post
Just happened onto this thread - and man it's along one ;-)

I too am a customer of Steve's (EDI+). It is easy to get off on the wrong foot with Steve which is a shame. He is a fair and honorable businessman. He has the BEST prices in the area. Post #161 above pretty much sums up my experience with Steve. I can tell you I bought a NIB RRA AR15 from him for $100 less than I could at any other store in the area. Steve tries to deal direct with as many manufacturers as possible and I think that's the reason he has such great prices.

If it's so easy to get off on the wrong foot with Steve, then Everything you said is a contradiction. It is not a shame. If it's easy to piss steve off, annoy steve, easy for steve to be an Ahole, easy for steve to treat people like garbage, then the only thing that is a shame is that steveo doesn't get run over in his parking lot someday.
I don't know Steve personally, but have met the likes of him all over.
Arrogant, know it all, judgemental, and thinks he is doing YOU a favor by his mere existance.
We all know Steves, and we hate them.
gatorhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 18:16   #184
sailor38

Grow some b*lls guys! Steve runs a gunshop, not a day spa!

I've been a customer of Steve's for 10+ years. The whole process is simple when dealing with Steve. Decide what you want, do some research so you're not completely ignorant, tell him what you're looking for and he will get it at the best price. The first couple of years I dealt with him, I checked with other gun dealers but realized he always had the best price so now I don't even bother...plus I don't particularly want to buy a gun from a pawn shop or jewelry store.

I can tell you Steve does take guns and his job seriously...he's an extremely knowledgeable and responsible gun dealer and probably isn't interested in selling a gun to every Joe Blow off the streets. I know I don't want a bunch of yay-who's (who have absolutely no clue) running around with a gun! These are the people who give guns a bad name.

If these are his only dissatisfied customers with the amount of business he does, I would say he must be doing something right.

Bottom line...be informed about what you're looking for...go in and tell him what you want...and you will walk out a satisfied customer.
sailor38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 18:27   #185
Kentucky Shooter
NRA Life Member

After an experience like that I would be more inclined to tell Steve to
kiss

However, giving him the benefit of the doubt, maybe he does not mean to come across that way----some people, once you know how to take them, are a little easier to deal with. Hard to figure a guy making it in the business world with that disposition though. His prices would have to be mighty damn good for me to put up with that............

Last edited by Kentucky Shooter; 04-16-2010 at 18:29..
Kentucky Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 18:30   #186
Sheepdog Scout
Behind you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor38 View Post

I've been a customer of Steve's for 10+ years. The whole process is simple when dealing with Steve. Decide what you want, do some research so you're not completely ignorant, tell him what you're looking for and he will get it at the best price. The first couple of years I dealt with him, I checked with other gun dealers but realized he always had the best price so now I don't even bother...plus I don't particularly want to buy a gun from a pawn shop or jewelry store.

I can tell you Steve does take guns and his job seriously...he's an extremely knowledgeable and responsible gun dealer and probably isn't interested in selling a gun to every Joe Blow off the streets. I know I don't want a bunch of yay-who's (who have absolutely no clue) running around with a gun! These are the people who give guns a bad name.

If these are his only dissatisfied customers with the amount of business he does, I would say he must be doing something right.

Bottom line...be informed about what you're looking for...go in and tell him what you want...and you will walk out a satisfied customer.
I live no where near this "awesome" gunshop. But let me guess YOU'RE Steve, or wanna be with Steve.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Sheepdog Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 18:49   #187
brausso

Quote:

Seriously?? Since when does owning a gun shop give you the right to be an F'n ******** to your customers? I'd rather pay $100 more elsewhere to get good service. I am self employed so I know what it's like to bust my ass off and provide the best service I can for my clients. If I treated people that way, I wouldn't be in business for long.

Growing balls has nothing to do with it. How about grow a brain and learn how to properly run a business.
brausso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 21:43   #188
Kentucky Shooter
NRA Life Member

Quote:
.......a responsible gun dealer and probably isn't interested in selling a gun to every Joe Blow off the streets. I know I don't want a bunch of yay-who's (who have absolutely no clue) running around with a gun! These are the people who give guns a bad name...........
So in a matter of minutes he can size up a complete stranger and decide if they are a "yay-who" not fit to own and manage a gun? Sorry, but if you are in business to sell guns and the customer is a legal buyer with the money in hand, you better be prepared to sell it to him. Unless a person has lost his basic right to own a gun by being a convicted felon, etc... the second amendment applies to us all.

Last edited by Kentucky Shooter; 04-16-2010 at 21:43..
Kentucky Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 22:57   #189
Elmer Fudd

Gunstores ... a 19th century retail experience in a 21st century world.
Elmer Fudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 23:20   #190
rfenster
CLM Number 20
Charter Lifetime Member

Send a message via ICQ to rfenster

Quote:
Originally Posted by llanero View Post
Ahh, the "gun nazi". If you go into EDI, or "Steve's", and know what you want and give him the money for it, you're GTG. Anything else, especially when he's around his buddies, well...trust me on this one, the OP ain't exaggerating.

ETA, I can't believe I wasted my first post on this. (sigh).
No guns for you! Come back ONE YEAR!

Freelance OUT!

RTN Bodyguard Club # 84 "Freelance"

Last edited by rfenster; 04-16-2010 at 23:21.. Reason: Freelance OUT!
rfenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:14   #191
RichardB
Silver Membership

The guy stays in business which may indicate he has his act together. From personal experience I know the prospective customer is not always right. He seems to be able to separate the time wasting sightseers from those who actually lay their money down and support the store.

How many times have you wanted to look at something but had to wait while the clerk allows a previous "customer" to hold everything in the gun case, and then walk out without a purchase?

Maybe some of these folks should buy something there and become customers perhaps the attitude will change.

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:15   #192
majette

just throwing my 2 cents in about a local to me store, Ron Hess, in norfolk, va. i had not been in there in over ten years because the owner has a reputation for being rude and a jerk. i was next door meeting my daughter and i figured i would see what he had i might be interested in. i walked in and the owner was not there, someone else was behind the counter. he was pleasant and asked what i was looking for. i asked what he had in hk pistols in 9mm. he said i dont have any hk but i have some jiminez 9mm's over in that case. now, most of his customers may not spend a lot of money and may be predisposed to inexpensive firearms but if someone comes in asking about hk i dont think they would look at a jiminez. prices were way too high anyhow, i said thank you and left.
majette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:00   #193
powder86
SHOOT SAFE!

the glock 27 is .40 cal... so why would he even mention the GAP and 10mm? crazy homeless people.

Last edited by powder86; 06-19-2010 at 19:55..
powder86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:59   #194
Grrrr

Quote:

Maybe it's a gun shop and people want to go in and check out several different models. Research only goes so far. Sometimes you want to put your hands on them. Maybe it's not up to steve to decide who he feels should or shouldn't own a gun. Maybe with his arrogant demeanor he shouldn't have one. Doesn't make much sense does it. Maybe you will get the same experience when you go buy a car....no asking questions, no test drives. Just do research and buy it and hopefully the salesman will do a good job of deciding whether or not you qualify to own it.
Old 04-28-2010, 14:30   #195
HoldHard

The Tale of Two Gunstores

Gun Store 1 - Michi-Gun - St. Clair Shores, Michigan

Am looking for Hornady Critical Defense ammunition in .45 ACP. Check the Hornady website and find Michi-Gun is a stocking dealer. Now I've been in this store before and been treated like I had leprosy when I asked if they had anything in the AR15 family of rifles. To be on the safe side, I call them about the ammo and they say they have it in stock. Drive 45 minutes to the store. I ask for 5 boxes (at $26.95 for a 20 round box) and the guy shouts a question to the owner, Bob "This guy wants 5 boxes of Critical Defense. Can I sell it to him?"

"No" comes the response. Bob then launches into a very loud explaination (so all the other customers will completely understand) that he can only sell one box of that ammunition to me. He needs it for his other customers that will be buying guns.

First impression was bad. Thinking that he might have gained some customer relationship skills since that visit, but instead found the second chance was a total waste of time.

While walking to the door, I ask myself "Why, oh why did I ever come back in this place. It'll never change."

Gun Store 2 - Double Action - Madison Heights Michigan

A while back, when watching the show 60 Minutes, they were doing an article on Winchester Black Talon ammunition and how bad these bullets were. I got the impression that any gun that was loaded with them was so deadly that just waiving the muzzle at a bad guy, it would cause them to fall down dead.

Realizing that this was negative advertising for Winchester and what they might do to fight this marketing problem, I jump in the car and head over to Double Action. I ask if I can buy some Black Talon in .45 ACP. The reply: "Sure, how many do you want?" "How many do you have?" I ask. "17 boxes on the shelf. You want them all?" Sure, ring 'em up.

I stopped in there recently and asked if they would put an order in for Hornady Critical Defense ammo in .45 ACP. I'll wait until it arrives.

Where would you do business?

HH

Last edited by HoldHard; 04-28-2010 at 14:36..
HoldHard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 15:45   #196
BOGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldHard View Post
..."This guy wants 5 boxes of Critical Defense. Can I sell it to him?"

"No" comes the response. Bob then launches into a very loud explaination (so all the other customers will completely understand) that he can only sell one box of that ammunition to me. He needs it for his other customers that will be buying guns...

..."17 boxes on the shelf. You want them all?" Sure, ring 'em up...
Firstly, there are many people who refuse to buy a new gun if the dealer has no ammo in stock. Sounds stupid but it´s very true. Secondly, unless you´ve been doing missionary work in the Congo for the past two years there is an ammo shortage, hence ¨rationing¨ to stop hoarders such as you. All clear?
BOGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 16:34   #197
BlayGlock

Quote:
Gunstores ... a 19th century retail experience in a 21st century world.
Its funny because its true. If I go into a gun shop and I am not treated with a modicum of civility and respect I do not go in there.
BlayGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 17:40   #198
Glock 17L
*GLOCKAHOLIC*

I think we've all been in gun shops were the people working there are idiots but being they work in a "Gun Store" There Gurus..
If anyone ever acted rude to to me like the OP I would ask them if they wanna step outside..
Remember I'm not going back there again anyway..
I'd also bet if the "Owner" of the shop knew that this "Prick" acted this way to you & that you've posted it on several forums about them it may have cost him plenty..
Besides guys to work in gun stores are a dime a dozen & make maybe $8 an hour..
If I were the owner I'd offer you a free P22 magazine or two & tell you that he fired him & that he won't be drawing unemployment..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Glock 17L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 18:21   #199
Grrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOGE View Post
Firstly, there are many people who refuse to buy a new gun if the dealer has no ammo in stock. Sounds stupid but it´s very true. Secondly, unless you´ve been doing missionary work in the Congo for the past two years there is an ammo shortage, hence ¨rationing¨ to stop hoarders such as you. All clear?
Ammo shortage?......yes. But a 1 box limit is stupid. I live about 2 minutes from a decent sized gun shop. Because of several of the issues mentioned (rude owners or employees, stingy with sales) I drive 30 minutes away to deal with a smaller shop. Anyhow, when buying sd ammo 1 box does me no good. I want to run several through the gun to try it out and then would like to keep a couple on hand. A limit I get but 1 box is ridiculous.
Old 04-28-2010, 18:22   #200
BOGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIG P229 View Post
I think we've all been in gun shops were the people working there are idiots but being they work in a "Gun Store" There Gurus..
If anyone ever acted rude to to me like the OP I would ask them if they wanna step outside...
That´s real smart. You´d then probably lose your CCW and go to jail if not worse. Trust me, if a gunshop owner calls the cops on a customer who do you think they´re going to believe, him or ¨Billy Badass¨? If you cannot control your temper better than this then perhaps you need to rethink owning a firearm, Scooter.
BOGE is offline   Reply With Quote