Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-17-2008, 15:42   #101
Jeff82
CLM Number 237
NRA Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civitas View Post
Maybe this is a regional thing? I've been to gun shows and gun stores all over the South, and I've never been treated discourteously. I've gotten bad info and been asked to pay ridiculously high prices, but nobody has ever been rude to me.
You've never been to Jim's Guns on Yadkin Extension, Fayetteville, North Carolina!!

"A Republic, if you can keep it." B. Franklin, 1787, outside Independence Hall

There's not "good" or "bad" muslims, only those true to their book and those that aren't, yet...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Jeff82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 21:13   #102
Civitas
Nip it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff82 View Post
You've never been to Jim's Guns on Yadkin Extension, Fayetteville, North Carolina!!

I've been to the Special Ops Museum in Fayetteville but I missed Jim's. I'll check it out the next time I'm over that way.
Civitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 21:30   #103
Jeff82
CLM Number 237
NRA Benefactor

Quote:
I've been to the Special Ops Museum in Fayetteville but I missed Jim's. I'll check it out the next time I'm over that way.
It's been years for me but every so often I'll stop by just to see if anything has changed and if their staff is still rude know-it-alls (at least the ones I've been in contact with) who won't let you get a word in edgewise telling you what you SHOULD like or not.

I'll stand back and listen in on other sales-customer conversations. Only takes a minute to confirm...

There's not "good" or "bad" muslims, only those true to their book and those that aren't, yet...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 07-18-2008, 15:49   #104
RichardB
Silver Membership

I've been a customer at Jim's for several years. They have the best gun selection in town. There is always someone there to wait on you if you have a question. The staff appears to be retired soldiers which fits in well with a major customer base here.

I've always been treated with courtesy and personally never heard any wild recommendations, although I've walked away when the questions seemed too elementary from one who intended to purchase something as serious as a firearm.

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 23:21   #105
Jwhargrove

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR-Jim View Post
Hi Steve.

I just saw that. You mean, hi Steve's mom!
Jwhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 23:51   #106
hollywood_5150

Sorry, I'm not Steve. I was in his shop this week, bought several things. Once again, his shop was full of people with several buying guns. He must be doing something right.
hollywood_5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 23:59   #107
Blitzer
Cool Cat

Send a message via AIM to Blitzer Send a message via Yahoo to Blitzer
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardB View Post
Is there a basis for a law suit by the parties discussed this way in a public forum. Nothing is private on the internet.

Please elaborate, your law degree is from where?
Old 07-19-2008, 05:25   #108
RichardB
Silver Membership

I asked a straight question. Don't need legal training to ask. Thought one or more of the knowledgable folks here might have an answer or even some experience.

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:31   #109
smitty81
NRA MEMBER

I once bought a Beretta 90-two from scheels in lincoln nebraska...........Man i the customer service in that place bad.

First off let me tell you something, I am 22 years old and an avid hunter. I might look a little younger then 22, therefore not a one single salesman will ask me if I need help. 9 times out of ten, no one will ever ask me. Then i go in with my dad, and about 5 guys ask him if he needs help within the half an hour we were there.........talk about being mad.

So I have this bad itch to get a new handgun and I am looking around for about 10 min before I HAVE to go ask for help. I finally decided upon the 90-two. I spent about 700 some odd dollars that day there.

I finally get around to shooting the gun and its accuracy has the worst I have ever seen in a handgun. 6 low and another 6 to the left. Got the same results after 2 mags.

I had jut purchased a handgun that cost me about $800 and it idnt shoot worth a crap. I ended up taking it back to Scheels to tell the salesman (a different guy then who sold it to me) that it needed to be sent back to beretta and something needs to be fixed on it.

He asked me why and i told him that i had just got it, Its Brand New and explained to him what had happened. He kind of laughed at me and told me that all semi auto handguns or "DEFENCE" handguns to be exact are not accurate. Im thinking to myself that he just thinks im some dumb city kid that wants a gun. Remember, I was raised around guns. I live in rural nebraska, this is what we do for fun.

So I said to him.........hmmmmm thats funy, so you mean to tell me that even though the state patrol and other law enforcement trust their lives to these, they are never accurate?

The salesman said that they shoot it so much they just remember where it hits everytime..................YEA..........I CALL BS!!!

Then I got mad (I HAVE A REALLY BAD TEMPER) I said im not just some dumb kid that came in off the street an decied it would be cool to have a gun. I have been shooting guns since I was a little boy. My dad has over a hundred firearms and none shoot this bad sir.

He then laughed at me and i told him to just give me my money back......

I was so mad that i made myself promise to never go back.

I would drive the 60 some miles just to go to cabelas then to go back to scheels.

They are rude and dont know their head from their feet. As a matter of fact, I seen a guy there that was selling shoes one day selling guns the next.

I called the manager and he told me that all his employees have an extensive training in their field otherwise he would not hire them......I CALL BS AGAIN!!!

I could go on forever about my horrible expierences there.......DONT SHOP AT SCHEELS!!!! GIVE THE LOCAL GUN SHOP A TRY BEFORE YOU GO TO A CORPERATION!!!
smitty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:38   #110
aaronrkelly

I prefer Scheels....that 30 day money back, no questions asked return policy on new and used guns is handy.....and they arent BSing either.....I returned a few and never got hassled once.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." - Claire Wolfe
aaronrkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:07   #111
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
... I am amazed at how many people from Missouri are on this forum. You guys must be armed to the teeth out there.
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:25   #112
Jwhargrove

Its funny, you have to wonder if people aren't just playing the devils advocate in here.

You could say some guy in their home town sucks and is likely a terrorist. Then somebody in here would say that they know that terrorist personally and he is actually a very good guy!

"You know...I heard say that fried poop on a stick stinks and taste real bad!"

Retort: "Actually, last year at the Arkansas state fair I had fried poop on a stick, and it was actually pretty tastey!"
Jwhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:52   #113
QNman
resU deretsigeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwhargrove View Post
"You know...I heard say that fried poop on a stick stinks and taste real bad!"
Anyone know how to clean diet soda off a computer screen?
"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

TERM LIMITS NOW!!!
QNman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 14:46   #114
larry starling
SIG and Glock

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardB View Post
I've been a customer at Jim's for several years. They have the best gun selection in town. There is always someone there to wait on you if you have a question. The staff appears to be retired soldiers which fits in well with a major customer base here.

I've always been treated with courtesy and personally never heard any wild recommendations, although I've walked away when the questions seemed too elementary from one who intended to purchase something as serious as a firearm.
Only problem I have ever had a jims was their high prices.....Carolina Firearms on Bragg Blvd will get you anything you want and at great prices....
- Sigmund Freud
larry starling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 22:06   #115
Jeff82
CLM Number 237
NRA Benefactor

I found Ed's Gun Shop in Southern Pines in the early '90's. He's since moved to Vass but he's always been fair and decent. Real standup guy and store. There's no sense in supporting over-priced and over-bearing gun shops when there are really decent ones out there!

http://www.edsgunshop.com/

He's expanding. Site shows he's opened another store in Newport, NC.

Old 07-22-2008, 08:07   #116
bearwitme

You seem to be defending your statement when you should not have to..Customer service is customer service. does not matter whether it is in a gun shop or a toy store. These days most are all rude and one should not have to put up with it. I have been know to ask to speak to the manager when this happens and report them. Sometime it gets resolved sometimes it does not. And I also do not have to shop there. There are other places to shop at that will treat you well. Don't know why all the questions as to why you did or didn't do this or that. Point is customer service sucked and you were letting others know..

Ok off my soap box now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeach View Post
hey blownhemi

My buddys wife's shop isn't open on Saturdays and he didn't have any Walther stuff. I wasn't in the gun shop to buy a Walther - as I had just bought a P22 Friday evening. I was merely looking for extra magazines but knew from the phone call that Steve didn't have them in stock. Really we just wanted to check out his store and see what he had since it was close to our homes and we could shop there when we needed things - ammo -etc.

Yes I work for a large outdoor retailer (Well I work for their corporate office) but in this particular case they were overpriced on the P22 and they didn't have any accessories or extra magazines either.

Hope that explains my situation better.

And AaronKelly there's really no way Steve could have known my neighbor or put him together with his wife from the competing gun store. And even if he did we weren't in there being threatening. I was honestly in there seeing what he had for future purchases.

This evening I spoke with a coworker who's lived in the Springfield area all his life and he knew Steve right off the bat and has also had similar dealings with him and his rudeness.
bearwitme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 13:54   #117
nedrgr21

Yup, Steve definitely has a reputation among non-LEO folks down there; but he does know his stuff when it comes to guns and has parts most don't carry. Leven's Guns is kinda out in the sticks. My uncle bought a G21 from him and the owner let him test fire it before purchase.
nedrgr21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 19:56   #118
Bert.40

I guess we are a little lucky in Pennsylvania. I deal with 5 gun shops and have always been treated like a customer should. But when a stranger walks in and just starts looking around, the clerks do change character, at least until the new guy starts bs'n about guns or reloading etc. Every gun shop that i've been in; the man behind the counter is packing on his hip. You never saw that 20 some years ago.
Old 07-31-2008, 00:51   #119
plainsman

Guy has no sales experience brains

Typical of any poor sales person who ignores a client. Had a bugspray guy who make hundreds off me, tell a friend I referred, that he was too busy, after not showing up one day at all. He won't be getting any more of my money either, and this is in a small town where I see this AH out eating breakfast every day, cant be too busy not to hang out and eat!

I have a saying about the thousands of dollars inept sales people cost businesses. No reason not to be polite, unless you are a millionaire, and you are sure you will never have to run into that person again for anything!
plainsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 01:50   #120
briansp82593

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_5150 View Post
Sorry, I'm not Steve. I was in his shop this week, bought several things. Once again, his shop was full of people with several buying guns. He must be doing something right.
Yeah sure Steve, we have all heard this one before
exactly why you have two posts here, and they are in this thread.
briansp82593 is offline   Reply With Quote