Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-03-2008, 20:50   #126
SCC
Member Me

Send a message via Skype™ to SCC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeach View Post
wow I haven't seen this thread in a long time... It actually came up when I was searching for gun shops in the Springfield Area on google.

RedRooster I'd steer clear of EDI... Can't believe he is still in business. I'm considering returning his brochures to him (I'm done with them now)...
wipe you ass with them first
SCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 21:54   #127
Jwhargrove

He would probably just put them back on the counter and never even notice the skid marks.
Right next to the box of parts nobody else has.

I wonder why nobody else has all of these hard to get parts lying around. Maybe they have strangers that come in their stores and buy them up. What are they called again? Customers?
Jwhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 19:19   #128
Kohler

Funny I came across this thread here. I am from Springfield and have had dealings with Steve as well. I vowed never to go back to Steve's shop in Nixa because of similar experiences.

It is a great wonder how Steve is still in business. The way he treats customers is appalling, and cost's him alot of business. I know quite a few people that refuse to do business with him.

BTW, when I used to go in there it was never busy. It was always just him and his cronies. Whoever posted that Steve's was such a happening place........ is full of crap.

Alot of people in this area go to places like Cherokee firearms, Gunsmoke, Loftis, 417, or Gunslinger (dont care for gunslinger either). Why would they go there when there are so many other nice gunshops around.

Last edited by Kohler; 09-14-2008 at 19:31..
Kohler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 16:25   #129
redrooster

+1 on gunslinger. Everytime I've gone in there, the owner has said or done something offensive.

I would highly recommend Doc Holliday's and Loftis across from Bass Pro.

Last edited by redrooster; 05-17-2010 at 17:46..
redrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 17:31   #130
Clyde in CO
LOL WUT?

this thread makes me want to go to MO and cause a disturbance in his shop.
Clyde in CO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 22:20   #131
sappy13

I have had an experience like this before. There is a irish pawn shop near my school that i went into one day while i was waiting for my car to get fixed. As soon as i walked in the person behind the counter asked if there was anything i was looking for and i told him i was just looking. After looking at the knives i moved onto the pistols. I saw a pf-9 in the case for a very good price and asked if i could see it. He immediately asked if i was going to buy today, and i told him if i like it it would probably be sometime next week. He straight up told me no and that he would take it out for me the day i am ready to buy it. Needless to say i have not been back since and dont plan to. He would have had a really easy sale if he would have let me see it because i ended up buying one soon after and have since swayed people away from going their due to his rudeness to me.
sappy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 22:24   #132
Jwhargrove

You can't buy character or the respect of others.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:25   #133
Opy

Why dont you post steves phone number so we can call him and see if he has free magazines. I'm sure he would love 30 calls in one day :-)
Opy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 15:43   #134
RichardB
Silver Membership

If he is as bad as stated he would have driven all his customers to the competition. He is still in business despite several unhappy former customers. I would be curious to read his side of these anecdotes.

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 17:44   #135
SW342

Respect has to be earned!
SW342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 22:44   #136
Jwhargrove

This isn't truly directed towards Steve as it is all people who act like this.
He didn't get this reputation from excellent customer service. Everybody has a point of view. Perhaps his is he's tired of all the idiots that come into his store day in and day out to bug him about gun crap!
I know personally people like that. They don't belong in customer service type jobs in my opinion. As for having customers...enough guys like like us love guns and we would go most anywhere to look and even buy them.

I suppose for fun we can sit here and make excuses for him. Heaven forbid he can try to treat people with a little dignity and maybe people, even total strangers wouldnt be writing about him right now.
I will start with my "excuse for Steve".
Maybe he needs to buy some doxidan. You know. Nature gives him a helping hand.

Next..

Last edited by Jwhargrove; 09-17-2008 at 22:47..
Old 09-19-2008, 22:49   #137
bdcochran

He OPY

Why dont you post steves phone number so we can call him and see if he has free magazines.

I would post the number, but it is probably against the rules. I had no problem keying on the name of the business and picking up the number on the first pass. So, OPY, you go and post the number.
bdcochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:48   #138
watsoncb
CLM Number 40
Charter Lifetime Member

Send a message via MSN to watsoncb Send a message via Yahoo to watsoncb

Just a Google search away: http://gunshops.blogspot.com/2008/01...gun-shops.html
Glock Talk Charter Lifetime Member #40
Glockers of the Old Dominion #648
Smith & Wesson Club #648
Black Rifle Club #648
Kalashnikov Klub #648
The 10 Ring #648
Sub Club #648
watsoncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:34   #139
Travelin' Jack
Misinformed

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrooster View Post
+1 on gunslinger. Everytime I've gone in there, the owner has said or done something offensive.
I've been in there a couple dozen times and have had nothing but pleasant experiences. There prices are pretty high though, so I've only bought accessories there. Loftis just down the street is probably my favorite shop in the area, though.
Travelin' Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:21   #140
redrooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Jack View Post
I've been in there a couple dozen times and have had nothing but pleasant experiences. There prices are pretty high though, so I've only bought accessories there. Loftis just down the street is probably my favorite shop in the area, though.
It may be that he doesn't take me serious, because I'm a young guy... My dad seems to be well liked in there.

I am a fan of loftis though...when the time comes for me to buy my j-frame, I'm about 98% sure I'll pick it up at loftis.
redrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 06:45   #141
Dean

If a store treats you bad, take your business elsewhere. That's what I would do.
When he asked about the magazines I would have said "I'm sorry" and sat them on the counter and walked out. Companies'll be happy to send you all that stuff.
When you go by there in the future, just smile to yourself and keep moving on past. Deny them your patronage. It's a pretty good feeling.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 22:55   #142
Jwhargrove

Vote with your wallet.
I re-read the original post. When he stepped away from the donut eating group and said rudely that he was the one who spoke to you, you shouldnt have quickly apologized. It's too bad that nice people dont expect that kind of behavior so we they are most likely trying to analyze the situation to determine what is happening before we can respond.
Unless you are cocked and ready to be a jerk when you wake up in the morning or know before hand what to possibly expect in there.

I will throw out another excuse. He is trying to buy into a popular donut chain and was meeting with investors and the chain sponsor. They were testing products when this customer demanded his attention.
Old 09-27-2008, 19:09   #143
tlpd242h

Sorry for the experience

It seems that there are two types of store owners, those who enjoy guns and the sport of shooting, and those who get paid by the hour. We have ONE law enforcement glock dealer in the state and it happens to be a 3 hour drive from where I live. I have had the same type of experiences there many times, but have always found the employee very nice when the store manager happens to be in the store. I think the best way to handle that type of issue is to contact the manufacturer and let them know what is going on. I called my regional Glock rep and reported the incident that I had and got a phone call from the store manager telling me that he appreciated my business and that the employee would be dealt with. The price of guns these days is bad enough, without having a#$ hole salesmen make your experience just that much harder. As a firearms dealer, I apologize to you also for your bad experience.
tlpd242h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 19:53   #144
Jwhargrove

Good post TLPD242H.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:34   #145
Ferox_Rex

Man, I can't believe all the negative posts about Steve. Wait... I was in his shop recently and I can TOTALLY believe what is being said here. Reading bbeach's initial post was like reading an account of my own ecperience at EDI Plus. Steve is the most abrasive person I've ever met. He's unprofessional in the extreme and his store is an organization nightmare. I don't like being treated like I'm somehow annoying a storekeeper for entering his shop with money ready to spend. I will never subject myself to entering his store again, and if anyone asks my advice on where to purchase guns and/or accessories, his store will not be one that I recommend. I would pay more for better customer service... period.
Ferox_Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 21:19   #146
Marshhawk

Send a message via Yahoo to Marshhawk

Well I had an interesting discussion in one shop I have bought a couple guns from. Last year before any Ruger LCPs were available I was looking for a Keltec. The store I went to is in Lomira ,Wisconsin.There are two of them there and its the bigger one. Anyway I ask if they have keltecs. I am told by one of the employess who is also an NRA pistol instructor" We don't carry them they are gang banger guns" I said I guess it depends on who is pulling the ********** trigger.I am not a Police Officer but have been a Correctional Officer for 18 years. I had taken a class with this individual several years before when it looked like we may get CCW here in Wisconsin. He then proceeded to tell me what did I tell you in class" relaibility.reliability,reliability. I said well I would rather have the keltec then throw rocks at the bad guy. I guess he thinks since I took a class with him.I must assume he walks on water.

Last Saturday morning I called around to various gun shops looking for a Springfield XD 45 compact. They ended up being 60 dollars cheaper then the next cheapest. I asked them to hold it for me which they did. I go into the shop with my Ruger LCP hat on)that I got from the recall) and I am standing at the counter. GODS gift to shooting starts with another customer about the LCP being a not so hot gun. This discussion started after he saw my hat. No I am not paranoid LOL After about a 30 second bs session about the LCP. I basically told him that at least it is very concealable and reliable and when out of state I can carry it with my FLA non resident ccw permit. . He is a 1911 snob and does have some nice weapons but why be an ahole?

So money being what it is I buy the gun. The 13 round mag is supposed to have a black spacer on it to fill in over the mag to make the grip longer. There is no spacer. I figured oh well I will deal with it when I pick it up.

I go in today to pick it up. The store manager was very helpful. He even called the SA rep and was having one sent( spacer)I asked about the mag and he said that so and so( gun snob) said that is the way they are all being shipped. I asked if they had anymore and was told that(gunsnob) said it was the last one.

Well several minutes later I am walking around the counter and lo and behold theres another springfield xd 45 compact box. I said can I look at it. The gun snob says theres no gun in it.I said thats fine.

Well guess what theres a 13 rounder with the spacer. I said thats cool I will take that one and proceed to hand him the 13 rounder without the spacer. I was told I can't do that. I was dumbfounded. I said you told me they all shipped without them but theres one right there.I would like it so I don't have to drive 30 miles one way back here for a piece of plastic. I can't do it? Why not? We don't rob peter to pay paul. I said listen I paid for the gun,its supposed to be a 13 rounder with the spacer. Again I was denied,Well the store manager comes around the counter and I said does this make any sense to you and he proceeds to overrule gun snob and I walk out with what I paid for without having to come back again.

I know some of this may be trivial to some of you but I am a huge believer in customer service.Its just a SH**** ATTITUDE to have towards people who are paying the bills.

If the difference would have not been so much between the other shops I would have told him to stick it up his keester.

60 bucks is 60 bucks and the normal shop I buy from had none and his distributors had none so I was forced to look elsewhere.

I am done with them. The store Manager was very cool and understood customer service. He was the high point of the day.If not for him I would have had a serious piss fit in there.

Now before anyone thinks I am a sh** stirrer I get along well with the vast majority of people I meet.

Bill
Sub Club #1926
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference,they deserve a place of honor with all that is good"
George Washington
Marshhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 18:45   #147
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOGE View Post
No offense, but these matters are impossible to judge with only one side of the story.

Figures that would be your comment.
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 20:35   #148
watsoncb
CLM Number 40
Charter Lifetime Member

Send a message via MSN to watsoncb Send a message via Yahoo to watsoncb

Characteristics

I guess that just because someone acts like a jerk, talks like a jerk and treats their customers like a jerk, they may not be one.
Glock Talk Charter Lifetime Member #40
Glockers of the Old Dominion #648
Smith & Wesson Club #648
Black Rifle Club #648
Kalashnikov Klub #648
The 10 Ring #648
Sub Club #648
watsoncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 18:28   #149
Yrdawg
Senior Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOGE View Post
So a complete stranger tells you that your wife is cheating on you. Do you....

A. Pimp slap the stranger

B. Shoot your wife

C. Gather more info

These are the ONLY choices ??? Fo real ???

Yrdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:09   #150
dixie_normus

Oops

Oops.

Last edited by dixie_normus; 05-28-2009 at 02:01..
dixie_normus is offline   Reply With Quote