GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:51   #121
Dirty Dealer

I think most gun shops have rude people working in them, maybe that's why I buy my guns online.
Dirty Dealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 08:38   #122
AR-Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_5150 View Post
Sorry, I'm not Steve. I was in his shop this week, bought several things. Once again, his shop was full of people with several buying guns. He must be doing something right.
Thread started in Feb 2008.

Your profile was made in Jun 2008.

Only 2 posts ever - both in this thread.

Hi Steve.
AR-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 13:44   #123
Jwhargrove

Ha ha,
I dont think its Steve. If he doesnt care enough about his reputation to speak to people the way he does, then behind the safety of the internet, he surely wouldnt be any different.
He has his little followers, he has all the parts that nobody has, he knows his guns so he doesn't need GT.

Maybe it's his mom or sister or most likely, one of is toadies. The guy behind the counter that doesnt actually work there?

Are ya gonna take those magazines.........boy?

Last edited by Jwhargrove; 09-25-2008 at 20:57..
Jwhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 17:11   #124
redrooster

Change of heart...

Steve lacks people skills...

If I had the money and knew what I wanted...I'd buy from him...Otherwise I can't say enough good things about 417 guns.

Last edited by redrooster; 05-17-2010 at 17:48..
redrooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 15:51   #125
bbeach
Kstateskier

wow I haven't seen this thread in a long time... It actually came up when I was searching for gun shops in the Springfield Area on google.

RedRooster I'd steer clear of EDI... Can't believe he is still in business. I'm considering returning his brochures to him (I'm done with them now)...
Old 09-03-2008, 20:50   #126
SCC
Member Me

Send a message via Skype™ to SCC
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeach View Post
wow I haven't seen this thread in a long time... It actually came up when I was searching for gun shops in the Springfield Area on google.

RedRooster I'd steer clear of EDI... Can't believe he is still in business. I'm considering returning his brochures to him (I'm done with them now)...
wipe you ass with them first
SCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 21:54   #127
Jwhargrove

He would probably just put them back on the counter and never even notice the skid marks.
Right next to the box of parts nobody else has.

I wonder why nobody else has all of these hard to get parts lying around. Maybe they have strangers that come in their stores and buy them up. What are they called again? Customers?
Old 09-14-2008, 19:19   #128
Kohler

Funny I came across this thread here. I am from Springfield and have had dealings with Steve as well. I vowed never to go back to Steve's shop in Nixa because of similar experiences.

It is a great wonder how Steve is still in business. The way he treats customers is appalling, and cost's him alot of business. I know quite a few people that refuse to do business with him.

BTW, when I used to go in there it was never busy. It was always just him and his cronies. Whoever posted that Steve's was such a happening place........ is full of crap.

Alot of people in this area go to places like Cherokee firearms, Gunsmoke, Loftis, 417, or Gunslinger (dont care for gunslinger either). Why would they go there when there are so many other nice gunshops around.

Last edited by Kohler; 09-14-2008 at 19:31..
Kohler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 16:25   #129
redrooster

+1 on gunslinger. Everytime I've gone in there, the owner has said or done something offensive.

I would highly recommend Doc Holliday's and Loftis across from Bass Pro.

Last edited by redrooster; 05-17-2010 at 17:46..
Old 09-15-2008, 17:31   #130
Clyde in CO
LOL WUT?

this thread makes me want to go to MO and cause a disturbance in his shop.
Clyde in CO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 22:20   #131
sappy13

I have had an experience like this before. There is a irish pawn shop near my school that i went into one day while i was waiting for my car to get fixed. As soon as i walked in the person behind the counter asked if there was anything i was looking for and i told him i was just looking. After looking at the knives i moved onto the pistols. I saw a pf-9 in the case for a very good price and asked if i could see it. He immediately asked if i was going to buy today, and i told him if i like it it would probably be sometime next week. He straight up told me no and that he would take it out for me the day i am ready to buy it. Needless to say i have not been back since and dont plan to. He would have had a really easy sale if he would have let me see it because i ended up buying one soon after and have since swayed people away from going their due to his rudeness to me.
sappy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 22:24   #132
Jwhargrove

You can't buy character or the respect of others.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:25   #133
Opy

Why dont you post steves phone number so we can call him and see if he has free magazines. I'm sure he would love 30 calls in one day :-)
Opy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 15:43   #134
RichardB
Silver Membership

If he is as bad as stated he would have driven all his customers to the competition. He is still in business despite several unhappy former customers. I would be curious to read his side of these anecdotes.

“Food for thought is no substitute for the real thing”
RichardB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 17:44   #135
SW342

Respect has to be earned!
SW342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 22:44   #136
Jwhargrove

This isn't truly directed towards Steve as it is all people who act like this.
He didn't get this reputation from excellent customer service. Everybody has a point of view. Perhaps his is he's tired of all the idiots that come into his store day in and day out to bug him about gun crap!
I know personally people like that. They don't belong in customer service type jobs in my opinion. As for having customers...enough guys like like us love guns and we would go most anywhere to look and even buy them.

I suppose for fun we can sit here and make excuses for him. Heaven forbid he can try to treat people with a little dignity and maybe people, even total strangers wouldnt be writing about him right now.
I will start with my "excuse for Steve".
Maybe he needs to buy some doxidan. You know. Nature gives him a helping hand.

Next..

Last edited by Jwhargrove; 09-17-2008 at 22:47..
Old 09-19-2008, 22:49   #137
bdcochran

He OPY

Why dont you post steves phone number so we can call him and see if he has free magazines.

I would post the number, but it is probably against the rules. I had no problem keying on the name of the business and picking up the number on the first pass. So, OPY, you go and post the number.
bdcochran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:48   #138
watsoncb
CLM Number 40
Charter Lifetime Member

Send a message via MSN to watsoncb Send a message via Yahoo to watsoncb

Just a Google search away: http://gunshops.blogspot.com/2008/01...gun-shops.html

Glock Talk Charter Lifetime Member #40
Glockers of the Old Dominion #648
Smith & Wesson Club #648
Black Rifle Club #648
Kalashnikov Klub #648
The 10 Ring #648
Sub Club #648
watsoncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:34   #139
Travelin' Jack
Misinformed

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrooster View Post
+1 on gunslinger. Everytime I've gone in there, the owner has said or done something offensive.
I've been in there a couple dozen times and have had nothing but pleasant experiences. There prices are pretty high though, so I've only bought accessories there. Loftis just down the street is probably my favorite shop in the area, though.
Travelin' Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 05:21   #140
redrooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin' Jack View Post
I've been in there a couple dozen times and have had nothing but pleasant experiences. There prices are pretty high though, so I've only bought accessories there. Loftis just down the street is probably my favorite shop in the area, though.
It may be that he doesn't take me serious, because I'm a young guy... My dad seems to be well liked in there.

I am a fan of loftis though...when the time comes for me to buy my j-frame, I'm about 98% sure I'll pick it up at loftis.