Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:45   #141
Dean

If a store treats you bad, take your business elsewhere. That's what I would do.
When he asked about the magazines I would have said "I'm sorry" and sat them on the counter and walked out. Companies'll be happy to send you all that stuff.
When you go by there in the future, just smile to yourself and keep moving on past. Deny them your patronage. It's a pretty good feeling.
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 22:55   #142
Jwhargrove

Vote with your wallet.
I re-read the original post. When he stepped away from the donut eating group and said rudely that he was the one who spoke to you, you shouldnt have quickly apologized. It's too bad that nice people dont expect that kind of behavior so we they are most likely trying to analyze the situation to determine what is happening before we can respond.
Unless you are cocked and ready to be a jerk when you wake up in the morning or know before hand what to possibly expect in there.

I will throw out another excuse. He is trying to buy into a popular donut chain and was meeting with investors and the chain sponsor. They were testing products when this customer demanded his attention.
Jwhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 19:09   #143
tlpd242h

Sorry for the experience

It seems that there are two types of store owners, those who enjoy guns and the sport of shooting, and those who get paid by the hour. We have ONE law enforcement glock dealer in the state and it happens to be a 3 hour drive from where I live. I have had the same type of experiences there many times, but have always found the employee very nice when the store manager happens to be in the store. I think the best way to handle that type of issue is to contact the manufacturer and let them know what is going on. I called my regional Glock rep and reported the incident that I had and got a phone call from the store manager telling me that he appreciated my business and that the employee would be dealt with. The price of guns these days is bad enough, without having a#$ hole salesmen make your experience just that much harder. As a firearms dealer, I apologize to you also for your bad experience.
tlpd242h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 19:53   #144
Jwhargrove

Good post TLPD242H.
Jwhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 12:34   #145
Ferox_Rex

Man, I can't believe all the negative posts about Steve. Wait... I was in his shop recently and I can TOTALLY believe what is being said here. Reading bbeach's initial post was like reading an account of my own ecperience at EDI Plus. Steve is the most abrasive person I've ever met. He's unprofessional in the extreme and his store is an organization nightmare. I don't like being treated like I'm somehow annoying a storekeeper for entering his shop with money ready to spend. I will never subject myself to entering his store again, and if anyone asks my advice on where to purchase guns and/or accessories, his store will not be one that I recommend. I would pay more for better customer service... period.
Ferox_Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 22:19   #146
Marshhawk

Send a message via Yahoo to Marshhawk

Well I had an interesting discussion in one shop I have bought a couple guns from. Last year before any Ruger LCPs were available I was looking for a Keltec. The store I went to is in Lomira ,Wisconsin.There are two of them there and its the bigger one. Anyway I ask if they have keltecs. I am told by one of the employess who is also an NRA pistol instructor" We don't carry them they are gang banger guns" I said I guess it depends on who is pulling the ********** trigger.I am not a Police Officer but have been a Correctional Officer for 18 years. I had taken a class with this individual several years before when it looked like we may get CCW here in Wisconsin. He then proceeded to tell me what did I tell you in class" relaibility.reliability,reliability. I said well I would rather have the keltec then throw rocks at the bad guy. I guess he thinks since I took a class with him.I must assume he walks on water.

Last Saturday morning I called around to various gun shops looking for a Springfield XD 45 compact. They ended up being 60 dollars cheaper then the next cheapest. I asked them to hold it for me which they did. I go into the shop with my Ruger LCP hat on)that I got from the recall) and I am standing at the counter. GODS gift to shooting starts with another customer about the LCP being a not so hot gun. This discussion started after he saw my hat. No I am not paranoid LOL After about a 30 second bs session about the LCP. I basically told him that at least it is very concealable and reliable and when out of state I can carry it with my FLA non resident ccw permit. . He is a 1911 snob and does have some nice weapons but why be an ahole?

So money being what it is I buy the gun. The 13 round mag is supposed to have a black spacer on it to fill in over the mag to make the grip longer. There is no spacer. I figured oh well I will deal with it when I pick it up.

I go in today to pick it up. The store manager was very helpful. He even called the SA rep and was having one sent( spacer)I asked about the mag and he said that so and so( gun snob) said that is the way they are all being shipped. I asked if they had anymore and was told that(gunsnob) said it was the last one.

Well several minutes later I am walking around the counter and lo and behold theres another springfield xd 45 compact box. I said can I look at it. The gun snob says theres no gun in it.I said thats fine.

Well guess what theres a 13 rounder with the spacer. I said thats cool I will take that one and proceed to hand him the 13 rounder without the spacer. I was told I can't do that. I was dumbfounded. I said you told me they all shipped without them but theres one right there.I would like it so I don't have to drive 30 miles one way back here for a piece of plastic. I can't do it? Why not? We don't rob peter to pay paul. I said listen I paid for the gun,its supposed to be a 13 rounder with the spacer. Again I was denied,Well the store manager comes around the counter and I said does this make any sense to you and he proceeds to overrule gun snob and I walk out with what I paid for without having to come back again.

I know some of this may be trivial to some of you but I am a huge believer in customer service.Its just a SH**** ATTITUDE to have towards people who are paying the bills.

If the difference would have not been so much between the other shops I would have told him to stick it up his keester.

60 bucks is 60 bucks and the normal shop I buy from had none and his distributors had none so I was forced to look elsewhere.

I am done with them. The store Manager was very cool and understood customer service. He was the high point of the day.If not for him I would have had a serious piss fit in there.

Now before anyone thinks I am a sh** stirrer I get along well with the vast majority of people I meet.

Bill
Sub Club #1926
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference,they deserve a place of honor with all that is good"
George Washington
Marshhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 19:45   #147
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOGE View Post
No offense, but these matters are impossible to judge with only one side of the story.

Figures that would be your comment.
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 21:35   #148
watsoncb
CLM Number 40
Charter Lifetime Member

Send a message via MSN to watsoncb Send a message via Yahoo to watsoncb

Characteristics

I guess that just because someone acts like a jerk, talks like a jerk and treats their customers like a jerk, they may not be one.

Glock Talk Charter Lifetime Member #40
Glockers of the Old Dominion #648
Smith & Wesson Club #648
Black Rifle Club #648
Kalashnikov Klub #648
The 10 Ring #648
Sub Club #648
watsoncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 19:28   #149
Yrdawg
Senior Moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOGE View Post
So a complete stranger tells you that your wife is cheating on you. Do you....

A. Pimp slap the stranger

B. Shoot your wife

C. Gather more info

These are the ONLY choices ??? Fo real ???

Yrdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:09   #150
dixie_normus

Oops

Oops.

Last edited by dixie_normus; 05-28-2009 at 02:01..
dixie_normus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:56   #151
dixie_normus

I haven't seen him in 25 years

Yeah, I had a run-in with this guy about 25 years ago when I was in high school. It seemed to be another boring Friday night, with five teens in a Toyota, with a 1.2 liter motor and two cartons of eggs. So what do you think happened when the first car we saw got pelted with eggs? Well lets just say Steve and his Volvo turned around and was closing fast. We knew him from the convenience store where he worked; yeah, he had the same attitude at that place too. So we tucked our tails between our legs taking side streets to trying lose him, when we all heard POP POP, "OH SHOT! HE'S SHOOTING AT US!" We were speeding, hoping to see one of Springfield's finest, they are never around when you want them. So were going East on Battlefield, jump a curb into Freemont Center. "GO FASTER! HE'S CATCHING UP!" We were doing 40 mph in the parking lot as he pulls up beside us, pointing his firearm at us at the same time. The driver slams on the brakes, grr-rrinds the little Toyota's manual transmission into reverse, but not before Steve got out of his Volvo reaching inside the drivers window. Now we have a rider with one hand on the steering wheel and the other pointing an autoloader at the drivers head. I was in the passenger seat and had a perfect angle for my fist and his nose to meet. Glad I didn't do it, we would have gone to someones funeral in the next couple of days if I had. So now we are traveling in reverse, the driver tries to turn the car around like you see in the movies. The car stalls....were BUSTED! We are all ordered out of the car, while this loose cannon is pointing his firearm at five teenagers in the parking lot. Luckily my friend knew the guy well enough to diffuse the situation. We were to wash his car and give this guy enough money to buy a new pair of tennis shoes. The asphalt wore a hole in them as he was dragged by the car in reverse. The moral of the story: Do not race a Volvo in a Toyota. P.S. I know our actions could have gotten someone hurt. So could his. I believe him when he said he was shooting at our tires.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:22   #152
faawrenchbndr
CLM Number 281
The Dude Abides

So,.... 25 years ago you were a egg tossin punk and you want to whine about him?!
Not sure I would have pulled a gun, dut, I can understand his disgust with you!

Now,.... back to Steve bashing.
Google his shop, call his phone number, he actually seems bother ed to make a answering machine message.

He's on holiday until 2 June?!
faawrenchbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 22:27   #153
dixie_normus

[quote=faawrenchbndr;13050756]So,.... 25 years ago you were a egg tossin punk and you want to whine about him?!
Not sure I would have pulled a gun, dut, I can understand his disgust with you!

Well my title is somewhat misleading. I've spoken to him in person a few times since then; same attitude, no personal 'disgust' towards me. I make myself guilty by association, for being the car and knowing our intentions. Only four persons in the car threw eggs, guess who did not 'toss' an egg at Steve's Volvo? Yeah, ME. My targets were road signs. So faawrenchbndr, take your misdirected animosity elsewhere, like.......
Now,.... back to Steve bashing.
Google his shop, call his phone number, he actually seems bother ed to make a answering machine message.

He's on holiday until 2 June?! ..................................................................Thanks for playing.

Last edited by dixie_normus; 05-28-2009 at 22:31..
Old 05-28-2009, 23:12   #154
as400guy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_5150 View Post
I was reading all of this and wanted to laugh. I have been dealing with Steve for over 10 years, and frankly this is the only shop I go to. His prices are the best, and if you are kind enough to wait until he is finished with his other customers, I find Steve to be quite friendly. The one thing you have to remember, when I am in his shop it is usually full of customers, and only one Steve to wait on them. If I am busy at work and someone says "I'm just looking" I will go to the next person. If you would have said "I called about the P-22 mags" he would have known who you were. I was in his store on a Saturday 2 weeks ago for about 45 mins., and he sold 9 guns while I was there so I think he stays fairly busy. So, complain all you want. He may be blunt and to the point, but it's his business. And all the cronies you mentioned, I'm guessing most of the time they are Springfield, Nixa, Ozark or Greene County officers, and very good customers.

If you don't like it, shop somewhere else. He's been in business a long time, so he must be doing something right. Or better yet, open your own shop so we can talk about you.
Sounds as though "Steve" or one of his cronies might be doing some damage control......
as400guy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 23:15   #155
as400guy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwhargrove View Post

"You know...I heard say that fried poop on a stick stinks and taste real bad!"

Retort: "Actually, last year at the Arkansas state fair I had fried poop on a stick, and it was actually pretty tastey!"
Ohhhh! So THAT what it was!
as400guy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:09   #156
Reignman

Sounds like another Gun store owner that needs an unlimited tampon supply...
Reignman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 08:50   #157
nwsalmon

American Handgunner "The Insider" article

I just read an article in "American Handgunner" last night that is very similar to this situation. I too have encountered rude sales people, and not just in gun stores.

My method of solving that type of episode is to carry my hard earned $ elsewhere.

Anyway, for those interested read this article:

http://fmgpublications.ipaperus.com/...JA09/?page=106

Be sure to click enlarge, it's impossible to read otherwise.

I'm going to employ the methods outlined in the article. Especially in times like this it's a good idea to get as many people as possible involved in the sport I love. The last thing I want to do is alienate someone with the same passion for guns that I have.
"Never turn your back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never!" Winston Churchill
nwsalmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 22:10   #158
Bengel

Steve was a total jerk to me and I made up my mind I would never go back to his store. He puts his brochures by the door so you might pick one up on the way out. Watch out, because then he will announce very loudly that those are for his benefit and not yours. Then when you try to put it back he insists on you taking it after he has embarrased you in front of all the other customers. Instead of walking out like I should have, I told him he shouldn't put the brochures by the door and make them look free if they are not. He started arguing with me and by this time I was really upset and embarrased so I just asked him if he wanted to take it outside. He backed down pretty quick, and I vowed never to go back. It seems like he is just by nature a jerk.
Bengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 07:37   #159
smitty81
NRA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengel View Post
Steve was a total jerk to me and I made up my mind I would never go back to his store. He puts his brochures by the door so you might pick one up on the way out. Watch out, because then he will announce very loudly that those are for his benefit and not yours. Then when you try to put it back he insists on you taking it after he has embarrased you in front of all the other customers. Instead of walking out like I should have, I told him he shouldn't put the brochures by the door and make them look free if they are not. He started arguing with me and by this time I was really upset and embarrased so I just asked him if he wanted to take it outside. He backed down pretty quick, and I vowed never to go back. It seems like he is just by nature a jerk.
Better Buisness Bearu
smitty81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 16:46   #160
Steve in Az
Glock 26

Sounds like he don't need your money. Shop elsewhere. I don't put up with the "cantankurous gunsmith" crap.
Steve in Az is offline   Reply With Quote