Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-18-2008, 22:57   #1
Biscuitsjam

Good source for cheat sheets?

I want cheat sheets on 9-line medevac, UXO, call for fire, and various other radio procedures. Anyone have a good source for them, whether to order pre-made or to print off and laminate myself?
Biscuitsjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:31   #2
dcfrady

www.armystudyguide.com used to have pocket sized checklists you could print off and use to make a field guide.
dcfrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 13:58   #3
Biscuitsjam

All the radio reports in there are slightly different than what I've ever seen. For instance, the medevac request has 14 lines instead of 9... The EOD request they have is for peacetime only and doesn't list the alternate lines for wartime. And so on...

I've spent a lot of time looking through those and so far, I haven't found any that I feel comfortable using.
Old 02-19-2008, 17:04   #4
dcfrady

Out of curiousity, what's your MOS? The 9-Line is for Peacetime and War, just make sure to know your Dustoff Freq. The TLP's and Establishing an AA is good to keep as a checklist, Your Unit should have formats (SOPS) for some things that are not on there. When I put together my guide, I remember not being able to find a Blue 9 (Obstacle Report) or a Blue 10 (Bypass Report), until I looked in my Platoon SOP.
Old 02-19-2008, 21:46   #5
Biscuitsjam

I'm reclassing to 19D (cavalry scout).

Unfortunately, we're still in the process of developing SOPs since our entire unit is transitioning. I have a copy of two sample SOPs that we're using to base ours off of, but we won't have anything official for some months yet I think.

ArmyStudyGuide.com has a 14-line medevac request format. My sample SOP has a 4-line format. I thought the 9-line was standard nowadays?

Nothing I've found is pre-formatted to put on a cheat sheet that can fit in a pocket. Is there no website that specializes in cheat sheets?
Old 02-20-2008, 12:29   #6
fourdeuce2

Check with the place where they do the training. They usually have lots of training aids. I have a whole pile of them from Fort Benning, but they're a bit old now(I got out in 1992). Fort Benning is a good place to get a bunch of them, because the Infantry School teaches a LOT of different things.
Old 02-20-2008, 13:30   #7
dcfrady

I was a 19D when I was Active for almost seven years, I'm a Ammo guy in the ARNG nowadays. The nine line is standard, but the one on armystudyguide.com covers both wartime and training. I would like to help, but I threw away my guide when I ETS'd. You should get a Blue 9+10, Establishing an OP, AA Ops, TLP's, Range Card preparation, Route, Area, + Zone Recon Formats, and Call for Fire. Plus the ones that you are looking for. With those you should be pretty much covered as a Scout. Are you Heavy or Light? If heavy, things are a little different on the Brad v/s dismaount. If you are an NCO, you could make a little book for the field/desert with all these forms plus maybe a sensitive item # list to keep along on mission, We can't always remember everything and these little books can save you sometimes.
Old 02-20-2008, 15:42   #8
FDC

There is plenty of stuff in the AKO files. TONS of info, cheat cards, GTAs, ready made classes, NETT stuff, etc. You just need a bit of patience to wade through the mess there.

I'd start by looking through the armor branch stuff, then navigate to the CTCs, try search if you can't find anything there.
FDC is offline   Reply With Quote