Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-04-2008, 14:33   #1
Calico9

Is Bucks County worth moving to ?

I hope to escape from New Jersey one of these months and I was wondering whether the central- to Northern-Bucks County townships were all hospitable to gunowners. Although I know there are gun clubs and shooting ranges throughout the county, the nearness to Philadelphia and it's liberal influence could be a concern. I don't know anybody in the area to ask, and I doubt that I could get a knowledgable answer from a real estate agent.

Is Bucks County still a pretty good area or should I look further out like Lehigh County and beyond ?

Any advice is appreciated.
Calico9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 14:36   #2
dgg9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico9 View Post
Although I know there are gun clubs and shooting ranges throughout the county, the nearness to Philadelphia and it's liberal influence could be a concern.
Not to worry. Bucks County is very gun friendly. People typically get their CCW there on the spot. No liberal influence in that regard.

Bucks property is a lot more expensive than further inland, though.
dgg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 10:50   #3
Hedo1

Bucks is very gun friendly. You can get your CCW while you wait as long as you have no issues. Got mine the same day I recieved my drivers liscense with a lot less BS to deal with.

Real Estate is higher priced but compared to NJ the taxes are much lower. I sold my place in NJ and bought a larger home in Bucks County with more property and pay less each month due to the lower property tax rates.

The liberals in Bucks are under control and don't make much noise. They don't really team up with the Philly crowd all that often. Most of the townships in mid to upper Bucks are Republican, as is the county govt. Lower Bucks has a lot more Dems but they generally don't side with the anti-gun crowd.

Pa is not a nanny state like NJ and Bucks has a lot of character as well as modern conveniences. Schools are great and you will have plenty of opportunities to shoot at the various gun clubs in the area.
Hedo1 is offline   Reply With Quote