SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:31   #1
mike718
NRA Member

MS Firearms Permit

Hi, I just got my permit yesterday in the mail. On the permit it say "Firearms Permit". My question does this permit allow me to conceal carry or open carry? My friend told me that this permit only allow me to open carry and that I will need to apply for a conceal carry permit. Can somebody clear this up for me?

Thanks
mike718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:05   #2
OXCOPS

Open carry isn't allowed. The permit allows you to carry a CONCEALED weapon.

MS statute states....

http://www.dps.state.ms.us/dps/dps.n...1?OpenDocument

45-9-101. License to carry concealed pistol or revolver.

(1)(a)
The Department of Public Safety is authorized to issue licenses to carry concealed pistols or revolvers to persons qualified as provided in this section. Such licenses shall be valid throughout the state for a period of four (4) years from the date of issuance. Any person possessing a valid license issued pursuant to this section may carry a concealed pistol or concealed revolver.

(b) The licensee must carry the license, together with valid identification, at all times in which the licensee is carrying a concealed pistol or revolver and must display both the license and proper identification upon demand by a law enforcement officer. A violation of the provisions of this paragraph (b) shall constitute a noncriminal violation with a penalty of Twenty-five Dollars ($25.00) and shall be enforceable by summons.
OXCOPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:14   #3
mike718
NRA Member

Thank you for clearing that up.
mike718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 12:10   #4
cliff731

I might be incorrect and misinformed, but I don't believe there's any allowance for "open carry" in the State of Mississippi... maybe it is strictly forbidden by statute... or perhaps a very gray area of the law. Everyone I've heard comment on the subject simply says it isn't something we can do here. I'm not about to strap on a shootin' iron and go walkin' uptown to find out!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 10:22   #5
lumberjack
One of Many

Send a message via AIM to lumberjack
IMO open carry isn't restricted by the law, thus it is legal.

They can get you for disturbing the peace though.

I'll open carry on occasion. I've found that peoples response to you is directly related to how you act. Act like a tard and it's going to be a problem. Wear dark glasses with non commercial clothing and I've never had an issue.

The same is true for a lot of scenarios. They are sheeple, might as well take advantage of their ignorance eh?
lumberjack is offline   Reply With Quote