Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-06-2008, 10:22   #1
trbaldridge

Did anyone make the rifle shooting school?

Did anyone make it to the Appleseed rifle shooting school a couple of weeks ago? If so, how about a quick review.

terry
trbaldridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:31   #2
trbaldridge

Ok, after posting this, I went to their website and saw it was postponed. Since the weather was so bad that weekend, I can't say that I blame them.

(also) terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbaldridge View Post
Did anyone make it to the Appleseed rifle shooting school a couple of weeks ago? If so, how about a quick review.

terry
trbaldridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 15:32   #3
Lil'guns

Sorry to say, the reason for postponement was not the weather....

The range we were to use was no longer available for use.

We are actively seeking a replacement location.

If you have some place that wants to host an Appleseed, let me know, we will bring it to your "backyard".
Lil'guns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 03:02   #4
cliff731

This was the range in Forest?

If so, I seem to recall talking with a Mr. Morgan there right before the first of the year and he related they might be closing... I believe they were already operating on a restricted schedule... mostly due to insurance cost increasing to absurd levels.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:56   #5
Lil'guns

I hope to be able to announce a shoot at the Turcotte Education Center and Shooting Range after this coming weekend.

Mississippi is poised to really take off, Appleseed wise, lots of interest and some good folks trying to make it happen.

Keep an eye on the Appleseed Schedule and I will make an announcement here! http://www.appleseedinfo.org
Old 02-19-2008, 15:04   #6
cliff731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'guns View Post
I hope to be able to announce a shoot at the Turcotte Education Center and Shooting Range after this coming weekend...
Is Turcotte EC/SR the new public range operated by the State that's located in the Brandon area (close to the Ross Barnett Reservoir)?

The thought had popped in my mind yesterday that possibly it would be an ideal location if access was allowed.

Thanks for the Appleseed link... I appreciate that!
Old 02-19-2008, 16:05   #7
Lil'guns

Here is a link to the range http://home.mdwfp.com/Education/TurcotteCalendar.aspx

We have a representative that will be attending the Mississippi State Firearm Owners Association meeting this Saturday, and will be looking at the range for our use.

By the way, they are having their Annual meeting on Saturday the 23rd, if you are near by, it would be worth stopping in. Like I said, an Appleseed Representative will be there to talk about the Appleseed Project and answer questions. http://msfoa.tripod.com/
Old 02-20-2008, 12:47   #8
cliff731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'guns
...We have a representative that will be attending the Mississippi State Firearm Owners Association meeting this Saturday, and will be looking at the range for our use.

By the way, they are having their Annual meeting on Saturday the 23rd, if you are near by, it would be worth stopping in. Like I said, an Appleseed Representative will be there to talk about the Appleseed Project and answer questions. http://msfoa.tripod.com/
Thanks, Lil'guns... I do appreciate that information. If I can make it over to Jackson, it would be nice to attend the meeting... however, I'm not a member of the MSFOA organization. That I hope to rectify soon... just need to find a referring member. Possibly they will be accepting applications at their annual meeting this Saturday.