Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-26-2008, 14:10   #1
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

I don't know whether to laugh or cry

I read today that Merrill (wear the damn v neck t-shirt and leather patch) McPeak is Obama's top military advisor right now. Idiot gushed about how good he'd be as a C-in-C. After living through the BS McPeak era, I don't know whether to laugh or cry over the fact Merrill is involved in the campaign.

On one hand, I can see a butt licker like McPeak working for a Democrap. On the other hand, if Obama becomes the top dog, I suspect there will be a fat little position for McPeak, say, SecDef?

Thoughts?

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Say NO! to Washington I-594
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 15:16   #2
meeko

I called him McWeak. Since all he was only worried about was making the USAF looking like the navy. The navy is fine but they are the navy. I have my own motto "The Air Force, 60 years untouched by tradition" general dugan who he replaced would have made a much better leader.
meeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 15:57   #3
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Ahh yes, the airline pilot blues . . . all I remember is all of the look good changes he made without addressing mission readiness, equipment and personnel issues that the Total Air Force struggled through. Wait, he loved all that high tech stuff. Meanwhile, we had our skycops lugging A2s around when M4s were a better platform and birds that should have been retired long ago being retrofitted and put back into service.

I can't remember, was he the one that dropped the whole "tactical" name from the fighter wings?

I am convinced he will be the SecDef when (and sadly, I will say when) Obama gets in the white house. May be good dollars wise for the AF but I feel for my ground pounding brethern (AF, USMC, Army and Navy).

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Old 02-26-2008, 16:57   #4
meeko

I wouldn't fret yet. It's a long way to the election and I don't think the Dems have it in the bag! As far as dollars wise for the AF it won't matter who is SecDef there will be a lot of infighting between the upper generals for some legtime! That will take up atleast a year befor any funding is decided on! I am just glad congress is there to keep them half way in check!
meeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 20:14   #5
Ragnar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris View Post

I can't remember, was he the one that dropped the whole "tactical" name from the fighter wings?

I don't recall, but in the grand scheme of things thats really not much. When you consider that there weren't any "strategic" fighter wings, having "tactical" ones was kinda silly.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:35   #6
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Heck, fighter wings in general are silly . . . oh wait, that's just the stick grip actuators.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Old 03-03-2008, 13:44   #7
hmb

Mc Weak

I was stationed at RAF Chicksands in 1980's, when McWeak was Wing Commander at RAF Upper Heyford. I was at a reception in our Wing Commander's quarters at which McWeak was also there. I sussed him up as cold, aloof, and a jerk. I have never been in favor of former big wig's becoming politicos.
hmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 15:35   #8
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

A lot of folks who served with or under him came across with similar sentiments. He was a politician from the get go I have read.

Go figure.

I still stand by my SecDef prediction.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer