Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-26-2008, 20:04   #1
crabpainter

Last gun purchased?

Bought a Ruger 22/45 (kp512mk3) with the intention of teaching a very curious 13 year old the finer points of tin-can hunting. The Ruger came from Bud's and they did me fine. Not stupendous but maybe that's my fault for not haggling. The pistol however seems very nice indeed.

This has me wondering, what was the last gun you bought and how do you feel about the deal you got?
crabpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 21:05   #2
Gary G23

I bought myself a S&W M&P-357 for Christmas from Whittakers. I'm happy with the deal. I'll be even happier after S&W sends me my two free mags and $50 rebate.
Gary G23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 21:33   #3
Kyglock22

I just bought a Kahr K9 Elite from Buds Gun shop online, and I must say it was a very smooth transaction. I shopped around before I bought, and Buds had the best all around price. I'm extremely well pleased so far, and after 300 flawless rounds at the range, it's starting to ride on my hip every day.
Kahr Club #105
NRA Member
USPSA Member

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

AR15dotCom = Home of the Mall Ninja and Sofa Sniper
Kyglock22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 21:51   #4
Aaron Little

The last thing I bought was a Cavalry Arms Cav-15 Scout. I am very happy with the rifle. I got it from Tactical Response Gear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Aaron Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 22:19   #5
Blaker

The last gun I bought was an Arsenal SLR-107UR. Suh-weet!
Blaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:29   #6
spork
Caffeinator

I picked up an Armalite AR-24 and a Walther P99 last November from Bud's. Right now I am preparing to buy either a Sig 556 or a new AR.
spork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 08:26   #7
SDGlock23
Glockoholic

Last one I bought was a S&W 642 in Lexington. It's a nice gun, but really, I have a love/hate relationship with it. It's good at what it does...conceal, but, it's capacity and power are really lacking. I had an old Model 36, but I got to missing the little thing. I'm thinking about trading the 642 towards a Glock sub-compact.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:57   #8
ofox

Last Gun Purchased

Also a P99 in January. Was wondering if Spork was having any problems with his. Maybe we should jump to the non-Glock forum, in case Spork wants to reply? Thanks much.
ofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 17:16   #9
ciwsguy

Bought a NIB P99AS from Buds in November 07. It was the best price I could find on the 99AS, because no-one else had the AS in stock. Paid $600 out the door, which is OK. I was tickled to find the 99AS. P99QA's are more available.

The last gun I bought was a Excellent Condition S&W Model 19 6" Blue .357 magnum. I admit - I do prefer revolvers over the bottomloaders. Paid $550 plus tax at Oakwood Guns in Middletown.
ciwsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 21:03   #10
fryeg7

kahr CW9 for ankle and 'incognito' carry .

frye
fryeg7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 15:25   #11
glockguy609
A self portrait

Send a message via Yahoo to glockguy609
SIG 228

glockguy609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 18:23   #12
grendelbane

Send a message via Yahoo to grendelbane
This is embarassing. My last firearms purchase was an M1895 Nagant revolver. It is 7.62 x 38r, and was manufactured in 1933 at the Tula arsenal.

I am waiting for a friend to place an order with Midway. They have new ammunition, reasonably priced.

It is indeed an unusual design. King Kong would find the double action trigger pull heavy.

Not very practical, but for $95 OTD, a lot of fun, and history.
Old 02-28-2008, 18:38   #13
king-of-typos-91

The mossberg 590

Bluegrass Glockers

The purpose of the 1st amendment is to protect unpopular speech.
king-of-typos-91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 19:59   #14
crabpainter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelbane View Post
This is embarassing. My last firearms purchase was an M1895 Nagant revolver. It is 7.62 x 38r, and was manufactured in 1933 at the Tula arsenal.

I am waiting for a friend to place an order with Midway. They have new ammunition, reasonably priced.

It is indeed an unusual design. King Kong would find the double action trigger pull heavy.

Embarassing!? That sounds cool and I want one !!
crabpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:24   #15
Bren
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grendelbane View Post

I agree - that sounds like a pretty cool collectible. My last purchase was buying my wife her first shotgun last Sunday. The embarrassing part is we got it at Sportsman's Warehouse, but it was a Remington 870 express youth 20 ga. with 18" barrel and factory extended magazine, which is the first one I've seen like that. She doesn't care for 12 ga. much.
Old 03-27-2008, 00:01   #16
MDUNBAR

Just picked up a Kimber Stainless II last week.

Haven't shot it yet, but hope to get out to Elite's Range this Saturday and give it a run.

Anybody else down around Paducah?????
MDUNBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:56   #17
spork
Caffeinator

I just picked up a POF-USA 415 Recon carbine at Whittakers. I finally got my new rear site in the mail today, so I should be off to the creek soon.

As a side note, I noticed the above poster mentioned Elite in Boaz, Ky, right? I was just by Elite's retail store location and there were signs proclaiming that they were selling out all inventory. I poked around and things were well-picked over already. I wonder how any of this affects the range?
Old 03-27-2008, 12:18   #18
MDUNBAR

Spork,

The Elite I'm talking about I thought was in leder bottoms. That may be Boaz.

They have the K-9 program and all that stuff.

I haven't been out there in about a month. Didn't know they were selling out.

I'll find out more on Saturday and let you know.

Are you from the general area down here?

Mike
Old 03-27-2008, 13:39   #19
spork
Caffeinator

MDUNBAR, I am from that area originally, but live in Louisville now. I still go by that way from time to time while visiting family. Over the years I have picked up some interesting stuff at Elite, including a few good deals. It has always been fun just to stop in for a look as well.

When I was last there, they only had about a dozen longguns and about 10-12 handguns left in stock.
Old 03-27-2008, 22:57   #20
MDUNBAR

Spork,

Just talked to David at Elite the afternoon. They are closing shop "Soon."

Just the gun shop though. The range will stay open along with the K-9 training/grooming portion of the business. You will just have to go through the K-9 place to use the range instead of the shop.

Just to update you on it.

Did you know of the trouble the owner got himself into about this time last year? I have a personal feeling that the shop closing has a lot to do with that little issue.