Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-04-2002, 18:13   #1
mikescooling

people don't know there food

My friend rases rabbits and I was at his house cutting an oil tank to make a BBQ. He brings out a bunny. I say let me see. I take the bunny and played with it for a min then give it back he said do you want to shoot it I said no. 22 right to the head. then the blood came out. the bunny flinched for a wile. This really made me sick I felt bad I wanted to help the bunny after it got shot. I ate the bunny It was good. My point is not about killing but knowing your food. when you think about it people don't know there food.
I posted hear becaus I thought you guys would understand.
In 10 years of hunting I got 30 or so deer, bunch of rabbits, wild dogs I think if you can hunt it, I killed at one time or another, bow or gun. all the bleeding harts need to kill what thay eat!!
mikescooling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 00:12   #2
RJ Schuknecht

Re: people don't know there food

Quote:
Originally posted by mikescooling
I got 30 or so deer,
Mmmm, your making me hungry Mike. A dead deer is the best meat there is.
RJ Schuknecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 11:13   #3
mikescooling

A young doe's tenderloin, pan fried in butter with salt and pepper.;c ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c ;c ;g
Old 06-05-2002, 14:12   #4
fajizzle nizzle

I agree. Most people don't realize how their food products were produced. There is a special kind of satisfaction that comes from hunting, raising, or fishing for your own food. I also think people should learn to write well enough to form complete sentences. It's an imperfect world.
fajizzle nizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2002, 22:23   #5
Taipei Personality

Any responsible meat eater should either kill their own food or visit a slaughterhouse at least once in their lives. Doubly so for any meat eater who debates folks who are rabidly ant-meat.

(W)hen I feel the hand of power lie heavy on my brow, I care but little to know who oppresses me; and I am not the more disposed to pass beneath the yoke because it is held out to me by the arms of a million men. - Alexis de Tocqueville
Taipei Personality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 06:08   #6
TriggerTripper

I love nature it tastes great!

I once dated a vegitarian who got upset when she found out that I liked to hunt down, kill, and eat animals...you should have seen how upset she got when I informed her where her leather jacket came from...by the way, if you like to hunt, dating a vegitiarian is a very bad idea
Old 06-06-2002, 08:30   #7
mikescooling

I dated a vegetarian for a wile. I found the best thing to do is be straight ford from the start.
I cut a 200 gal oil drum in half and made a BBQ. We have summer and winter BBQ's that we would roast a hole deer, butter flyed, bone less, tendon less.
Hay I'm not ashamed, the I IDOT guy is a buddy. He calls me every time a deer gets hit. Any Chicago venison and beer lovers the welcome mat is out.
Hay I'll do you one better, my buddies got a farm I can shoot at. I'll pack the BBQ up buy a keg [for later] and have a shooters party?
Old 06-06-2002, 13:18   #8
forthehalibut

Where's my hasenfeffer!!?!?!!;f

license key#24047
Big Dawg #1965
forthehalibut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2002, 13:55   #9
mikescooling

Peppered rabbit rules the first time I had it I was in Germany, it knocked my sox off.
The waitress looked like she could have to. hehe What a babe! those little, and not so little blond girls, I like them all
Mike;f ;a ;a ;a
Old 06-06-2002, 17:35   #10
duncan
Lifetime Membership

When people ask me why I hunt, I ask them how old is the meat they're eating?you know how many people get food poisoning from stale or rancid meat sold by bad butchers?

Where did that cow come from?

Ever see them put down a cow? Now that is inhumane! A bullet in the field is better!

Let them know that there are very few FDA inspectors at the slaughterhouses and chicken factories?

And let them know at least my meat came from a "free range" steriod and medicine free all natural animal.

Roadkill Deer?

So let me get this straight - how much meat can you harvest from a deer that's been hit by a car? Give me the specifics. I have friends in DOT in my state as well. What's the deal?
Old 06-06-2002, 22:35   #11
mikescooling

;f Witch animal has a better life the deer that runs free up until the whacking
or a cow that never leaves the yard knowing it's going to die?
Did y'a ever think there is no waist in a processing plant witch means in some respect I have eaten cow's eye balls and probably some cow private parts in any meat processed product. I don't think they put top round in burgers.
Have you ever bit into a burger then hit a hard white thing, that thing is bone that got in the grinder. Let's be realistic you cant wash off ground meat so I hope the guy making this doesn't throw in rats. Not to mention if the plant is mob owned then you might really be eating Italian beef.;f
Old 06-07-2002, 01:38   #12
Kilgor
American

Quote:
Originally posted by Taipei Personality
Any responsible meat eater should either kill their own food or visit a slaughterhouse at least once in their lives. Doubly so for any meat eater who debates folks who are rabidly ant-meat.
Hey I don't debate rabidly ant meat people. Ever tried ant meat? Good stuff, but it takes a lot of time to get enough filets to make it worth it. ;a

Kilgor
Kilgor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 01:45   #13
Sharker

I hunt because it puts me in the woods where I am but a visitor, and am handicapped to the deer in almost all senses. I enjoy the commradiere, the quiet, and the thrill. I havent gotten a deer the last two years, but I still love it as much as the first time. And to add to the benefits, you get a freezer full of meat if you outwit the game.
I also dated a veggie, and it was very short lived, tried to change me. Oh well let some one else deal with her.
Sharker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 06:21   #14
TriggerTripper

maybe we should start a support group for hunters who date veggies and have to choose thier favorite support over their favorite girl, we shall call ourselves "DA Boys" and all meetings will be some type of hunting trip, which would prove to be very theraputic....funny we all ended up making the same decision, I dare say we made they right choice;f

may all your hunts be sucessfull!
Old 06-07-2002, 06:29   #15
RJ Schuknecht

Quote:
Not to mention if the plant is mob owned then you might really be eating Italian beef.
Remember, they never found Jimmy Hoffa`s body.
RJ Schuknecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2002, 13:21   #16
JLB
WWJLBD?

You mean my mom lied to me about the pork chop tree?
JLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 15:36   #17
Sixgun357

Re: people don't know there food

Quote:
...In 10 years of hunting I got 30 or so deer, bunch of rabbits, wild dogs I think if you can hunt it, I killed at one time or another, bow or gun.

Hey was that wild dog good eating?

For god, my country and my AR-15...
Just not necessarily in that order.
Sixgun357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2002, 16:33   #18
mikescooling

;a
Taste like chicken.
Did I mention I have a chines restaurant? Hear kiddy kiddy.;f ;i
Old 06-08-2002, 17:25   #19
mikescooling

Roadkill Deer?

So let me get this straight - how much meat can you harvest from a deer that's been hit by a car? Give me the specifics. I have friends in DOT in my state as well. What's the deal?

Sorry I missed this let me try now.
If the deer is hit by a Mac truck, you get nothing.
Luckily all these new cars are made of fiberglass so it kinda like a giant packing peanut It just crushes it self. Most of the time the deer are crippled and have to be shot by the DNR guy. If you get a road kill hear are a few tips.
1 gut it on the spot
2 if the deer's guts are sup it's probably started dying from bile NOT GOOD
3 If the deer is bloated, don't take it
4 if it has only one good quarter, don't gut it, just take the quarter, time saver.
5 spring time does might have unborn fawns. I did not need to see that!
6 you have to tell your IDOT guy to call you when he gets the call, there is some rule about picking up the deer if he gets there first he can't give it to you.
I think the best deer was 170 LB. I got 110 LB of usable meat free!
If you take it to your butcher he'll ask for a docket # the cop gives that to you. Some times they don't want to do the paper work. As I like to put it, I ASK HARD.