Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:48   #1
BoatGeek97

Anyone here from Mid MO???

I'm in the Lake of the Ozarks area...anyone else close by? I shoot at Pistols Plus all the time if anyone else likes going there...

Later
shane
BoatGeek97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 13:29   #2
greengecko28

Lake of te ozarks

I am in the lake of the ozarks area (Montreal) i just purchased my G27 at pistols plus a while back
greengecko28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 13:55   #3
fastymes
In the fastlane

Pistols Plus

Yes... I do like going there. If you loved your sister you would take the day off & go shoot w/me at Pistols Plus when I visit you.
fastymes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 19:18   #4
srothman

How can you pass up an offer like that from your sister?

My sister is very anti-gun. She will not even let me carry my gun in her house. It is her house so I follow her rules, but only to see my neice and nephew.

I would love for my sister to go shooting with me.

I travel to the Lake several times a year on vacation. I have bought several guns from Pistols Plus. She has an incredible display of handguns and rifles, but have not shot there yet.
srothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 16:22   #5
fastymes
In the fastlane

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothman View Post
How can you pass up an offer like that from your sister?

My sister is very anti-gun. She will not even let me carry my gun in her house. It is her house so I follow her rules, but only to see my neice and nephew.

I would love for my sister to go shooting with me.

I travel to the Lake several times a year on vacation. I have bought several guns from Pistols Plus. She has an incredible display of handguns and rifles, but have not shot there yet.
Thanks! I couldn't have said that any better! Shane & I are both workaholics- but hey, how else are we suppose to support the gun collection?
Every once in awhile he actually takes some time to go shoot with me.

I try to get down to the Lake as much as possible myself. You should really go down to the range at PP. It's VERY clean & the lighting is great. It's just not the same if I don't get to go shoot while I'm there!
Old 07-05-2008, 16:54   #6
srothman

I know what you mean about the workaholic- I have a boat at Lake of the Ozarks that has been winterized for almost two years now.

I sold my wave runner down there two years ago, and just replaced it with a motorcycle. I am hoping to be able to take a couple of days of work (if my mean boss will let me), and ride to the lake.

Next time I make it to the lake, I will have to take a couple of my "toys" and try the range at Pistols Plus.

Last edited by srothman; 07-07-2008 at 13:28..
Old 07-06-2008, 22:25   #7
fastymes
In the fastlane

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothman View Post
I know what you mean about the workaholic- I have a boat at Lake of the Ozarks that has been winterized for almost two years now.

I sold me wave runner down there two years ago, and just replaced it with a motorcycle. I am hoping to be able to take a couple of days of work (if my mean boss will let me), and ride to the lake.

Next time I make it to the lake, I will have to take a couple of my "toys" and try the range at Pistols Plus.
That sounds like you got the better end of the deal by buying the bike. Waverunners are fun.... but not as fun as a bike! You gotta get that boat out on the water! This is turning out to be a really nice summer- it would be worth the trip. No excuses- you just gotta go! Anyway, it's good just to get away... people like us who work like mad dawgs need a REAL break. Going to Lake is always my first choice when I need to de-stress. I just never get to stay long enough!

I bought an XD 40 about 6 wks ago for my new ccw and I shot it for the first time at PP. Believe it or not, I got that baby a week before the XD-M came out. Darn the luck! It's ok though b/c I love that gun! It shoots a lot different than my Glock 22 but I think I like the XD better. This is why I'm finding you have to have a bit of 'variety'- that way you don't have to choose!

Last edited by fastymes; 07-09-2008 at 16:20..
Old 07-08-2008, 16:48   #8
srothman

I travel to Columbia, MO on a regular basis for work.

Let me know next time you are planning on going to Pistols Plus, and I will see if I can work out my schedule and meet you there?

The only problem is I must stay away from the top floor. I have never been able to leave there without buying something.
Old 07-09-2008, 16:40   #9
fastymes
In the fastlane

That sounds like fun! Sometimes I end up shooting there by myself when I go since Shane is busy working. He sells boats... never a break I guess.

I was just there two weeks ago, but plan to go again either the second weekend in August or the weekend after Labor Day.

Hmmmm, somehow I don't think I will be a very good influence on you on that urge to splurge issue-I am an avid top floor shopper. I TRY to be good about not spending too much. I don't buy guns in MO since paperwork takes so long b/c I live out of state. I just like to 'accessorize.'
I'm sure you're a big boy though- we'll see if you can contain yourself!

Last edited by fastymes; 07-09-2008 at 16:45..
Old 07-12-2008, 10:49   #10
srothman

Last time I was there, I walked out with a Sig 239 SAS, in .40 S&W. It was a great gun, but I could not get use to the DAK trigger. I ended up selling it and sticking with the single action triggers on my 1911's.
Old 07-12-2008, 22:50   #11
fastymes
In the fastlane

Not much experience w/ 1911's - have shot my friends new Kimber a few times. It was a really smooth shot. I do like Sigs- just not willing to pay that much, yet.

You're right about the trigger though. If it doesn't fit, it just doesn't fit. Not worth keeping a gun if you don't like it! Luckily for me I like the triggers on both my Glock & XD. It took a little getting used to on that safety in the trigger business.

I was going to try to make it down there for the Shoot Out, but I think it's the third weekend in August & unfortunately, I'm working as usual. Either of those other weekends work for you?
Old 07-14-2008, 12:13   #12
srothman

I'm trying to check my schedule now.

I am in retail, and the state of Missouri does away with sales tax for one weekend, for back to school shopping. I am trying to figure out which weekend it is. I will have to stay in town that weekend.

I am also suppose to go to Texas for business sometime in September. I am not sure when.

I should have my schedule figured out in the next couple of days. I will let you know once I do.
Old 07-16-2008, 16:50   #13
srothman

I just found out the "tax free" weekend in the first weekend in August. I just have to check a couple of more things.

It is looking like I will be able to go the second weekend in August. I will know for sure in the next couple of days.
Old 07-16-2008, 18:16   #14
fastymes
In the fastlane

Well, I'll for sure be there Aug 8th, 9th, and 10th. I typically like to go shoot on Sat, would that work for you- provided you can make those dates? They sometimes have conceal carry qualifying on Sundays so the range is closed to the public then.

Sounds like you guys had a pretty good time at Top Gun. You must have quite the collection! Wish I was closer, I'd have been there in a heart beat!