SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-10-2008, 19:05   #1
packingaglock23

Send a message via AIM to packingaglock23
Gun stores around lee county?

I'm was looking for some advice on gun stores around the area. I know there aren't many, don't care much for distance, needs to be at least 100 miles though. Prefer in Alabama, but GA works too. I'm looking to get and trade some new guns, probably trade my G23 for something smaller (26 maybe?), and add a shotgun too.
packingaglock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 20:06   #2
glocked_n_loade

Quote:
Originally Posted by packingaglock23 View Post
I'm was looking for some advice on gun stores around the area. I know there aren't many, don't care much for distance, needs to be at least 100 miles though. Prefer in Alabama, but GA works too. I'm looking to get and trade some new guns, probably trade my G23 for something smaller (26 maybe?), and add a shotgun too.
i live in smith station and i go to shooters in columbus, or northside pawn, (one in columbus and one in Phenix city).... both have a good selection and shooters has a range you can try out a gun on before you buy it.
Old 03-11-2008, 00:08   #3
packingaglock23

I actually used to live in Smiths, I bought my G23 from Shooters. I like their selection and service. But was hopefully looking for something in Alabama so when I did find something I could take it home that day without waiting and without paying a separate place for the FFL transfer.

FYI Shooters has free gun rental on Thursday's, I plan on going soon to try out some guns on my list.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:59   #4
mossy500camo
ammo found

I visit the following. Storys in Opelika, Heart of Dixie in Auburn, City Pawn (my fav) Opelika, Pawn Central Opelika. Pawn City in Lanett AL. has a nice selection. Just get one of the nice young ladies to help you.

Gun Country in LaGrange GA. have your wallet ready!
mossy500camo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 14:33   #5
Glock45Lover

Montgomery

Gulf States Distributors, in Montgomery, specializes in Glocks. They also carry some Kimbers, Sigs, Berettas, and S & W.

They are an LE supply store & have the Glock LEO pricing. Ammo is reasonable too.

21 Club Member #4500.
Glock45Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:13   #6
Fear Night
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy500camo View Post
I visit the following. Storys in Opelika, Heart of Dixie in Auburn, City Pawn (my fav) Opelika, Pawn Central Opelika. Pawn City in Lanett AL. has a nice selection. Just get one of the nice young ladies to help you.

Gun Country in LaGrange GA. have your wallet ready!
Storys probably has the best selection for the Opelika/Auburn area, but he's a little overpriced. I almost bought an AR from Heart of Dixie, great prices there but they have like 8 guns for sale.

I'd say ride over to Shooters in Columbus if you don't mind the FFL transfer (they also have an awesome 20 lane indoor range). Or, you could always make a trip to B'ham

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
|

Last edited by Fear Night; 03-13-2008 at 11:16..
Fear Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 14:21   #7
packingaglock23

Yeah Shooters is all I know around here. Best selection and decent prices on most things. I bought my G23 there. Story's is scary high on everything they carry. They will never see me buy something there.

I guess I'll try a few pawn shops around here, if not I'll stick with Shooters.
Old 03-14-2008, 18:17   #8
Fear Night
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by packingaglock23 View Post
Yeah Shooters is all I know around here. Best selection and decent prices on most things. I bought my G23 there. Story's is scary high on everything they carry. They will never see me buy something there.

I guess I'll try a few pawn shops around here, if not I'll stick with Shooters.
When I was shopping for my 629CL, Story's had it for $735. I'm glad I waited because I found one back in Birmingham for $680. Some of his rifles are actually pretty decent if you can talk him into a package deal (rifle, scope, rings, etc.).

|
|
|
Old 03-14-2008, 21:30   #9
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

Try a place called Chisolm in Montgomery. His selection can be hit or miss, although he has a lot to pick from. I bought 3 guns from him in the year before I left and his prices were great.

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

RIP my friends Greg and Florence, see you again on the other side.

RIP Jeff (23Skidoo) - 1962-2012 and Gloria (Silent_Runner) - 1964-2013
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Lone_Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 14:21   #10
mossy500camo
ammo found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fear Night View Post
When I was shopping for my 629CL, Story's had it for $735. I'm glad I waited because I found one back in Birmingham for $680. Some of his rifles are actually pretty decent if you can talk him into a package deal (rifle, scope, rings, etc.).

I believe all Gun shops in the area are boosting the prices a good bit. I went into a Local place just the other day and saw A S&W 357 mag snubby for $749. I was like WTF!? Ill stick with my $150 Rossi. There are many places going over bored with their retail prices. My guess is no local competiton.
mossy500camo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 16:04   #11
packingaglock23

Thats my guess as well. I think I'll look into doing a FFL transfer to somewhere local and just buy online.

Just in case anyone saw one somewhere, I'm looking around for a Marlin 30-30 or in 44 mag...I guess 357 would work too.
Old 03-15-2008, 19:34   #12
Fear Night
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossy500camo View Post
I believe all Gun shops in the area are boosting the prices a good bit. I went into a Local place just the other day and saw A S&W 357 mag snubby for $749. I was like WTF!? Ill stick with my $150 Rossi. There are many places going over bored with their retail prices. My guess is no local competiton.
Yep, there is literally zero competition. Man, an indoor gun range with store would make a dang KILLING in Auburn.

|
|
|
Old 03-19-2008, 19:49   #13
Robert A.

Like glocked_n_loade said shooters, north side pawn in both columbus and phenix city, nationwide on farr road ( I'm not sure if they got there FFL back ), pawn headquaters get something every now and again, victory pawn, wild bills pawn, ace pawn. Those last 4 have slim pickings but I have cought a good item from time to time.

You also have alpine pawn and range control.

I know north side, nation wide and alpine will all deal so don't be afraid to ask for bottom dollar.

Victory pawn, pawn headquaters, wild bills pawn, and ace pawn are mainly used guns. There is one other pawn shop here in phenix city, over by the TSYS campus that perrty good to deal with, I just cann't remember thire name.

Robert
Old 03-19-2008, 21:06   #14
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

I think you mean uptown Pawn. Slim selection but sometimes giveaway prices

To those who have made the ultimate sacrifice while defending American freedom, you will not be forgotten.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 03-20-2008, 17:47   #15
Robert A.

Lone_Wolfe that sounds about right. I picked up a .22 hartiage from them last summer for a bill.
Old 03-20-2008, 19:00   #16
Lone_Wolfe
CLM Number 226
Sandbox Refugee

A couple years ago they had a few Marlin 60's in there and they told me to pick any of them for $60. They scratched thier heads when I chose the old ratty looking one over the 2 new ones that I could tell came from Walmart.

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 04-09-2008, 16:11   #17
elrod

Lone_Wolf mentioned Chisom Pawn in Montgomery, (lower Wetumpka road). Walter Craig is on the N. Bypass, too. Good selection of new guns, no trades or deals tho. Keep in mind anything in city of Montgomery is 10% sales tax, like BassPro in Prattville. Only store in P'ville with 10%, burns my a** up!
Wetumpka Fish & Game on Hwy. 231 has good used selection, good prices, a few new guns also.
What would you want out of your G23?
Old 04-09-2008, 17:16   #18
packingaglock23

Looking for a nice 9mm. G19 or G26 probably. Maybe a cheaper 1911...Preferably a G19 so I can keep my MTAC.
Old 04-10-2008, 19:46   #19
1bigtaco

I have been scouring Lee County in search of a G26. Hands off!
1bigtaco is offline   Reply With Quote