Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-13-2008, 17:15   #1
Bitmap

Ammo price typo at Gander Mountain

I received an ad in the mail from Gander Mountain with specials in it. Among them, UMC .223 55gr. FMC 40 value pack for $12.99. Great. My wife was up in Sherman on Monday and took the ad in. They told her they were sold out and would have more in Thursday. My dad went to the GM in Lubbock and they told him the same thing - more will be in Thursday.

Today I called the GM store in Sherman and asked the guy in the gun department. Yes, they have the 40 round pack for $12.99. I told him I was driving quite a ways and didn't want to waste my time and money if they were sold out. No problem according to him, they have it on the shelf.

I get in the store and can't find the ammo. I looked over the whole shelf and didn't see any 55gr. FMC value packs and didn't see a spot for them. Finally, up above the top shelf and mostly behind the ammo on the top shelf they have a sign that says it was a typo, sorry for the inconvenience, etc. Great.

I spoke with the manager and told her, politely, that I couldn't believe she had someone working in the gun department that wasn't aware of this. She was very sorry. I don't know if she was really about to cry or was just acting. She searched her pockets and looked sheepish and said something like "I usually have some gift cards . . . ". If she really wanted to give me a gift card to make this up to me she could have said "Follow me and I'll get you something." I gave her my copy of the ad and said "I don't need this" and left.

Typos, I guess I can believe that, except that on Monday they didn't mention that to my wife. They didn't mention it to my dad out in Lubbock, either. Maybe they changed their minds when their stock sold out in about 3 seconds at that price.

And to have someone in the department tell me that they have it when they don't!! That really burns me up!!!

I will be sure to tell my inlaws to change the Christmas gift certificate they get me every year to Bass Pro or Cabelas instead of Gander Mountain.
Bitmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 20:28   #2
bluelineman
Infidel كافر

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitmap View Post
I will be sure to tell my inlaws to change the Christmas gift certificate they get me every year to Bass Pro or Cabelas instead of Gander Mountain.
I bet if you told the manager that, she would've "found" some gift cards for you. That sucks that you had to drive that far because some idiot didn't know what he was doing. I like the old bald guy at Academy (Sherman) better. He seems to know what's going on. Their prices on guns (especially on handguns) are much better than GM too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian?" - Walid Shoebat, former PLO Terrorist
كافر Infidel لقد كان محمد شاذ جنسيا
bluelineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 09:09   #3
CCO
CLM Number 231
Wandering

Send a message via AIM to CCO
Wow, some Sherman guys! Howdy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Your freedom is at stake.
CCO is offline   Reply With Quote