Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-20-2008, 14:15   #1
computron

To be interviewed

I have my interview one week from today i cant wait till i am done.

Masonry has its first lesson and that is patience.

"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace" Jesus Christ
computron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 16:09   #2
jrr6602

Interview

This is all part of the application process. The members get to know and you get to know them. They are there to answer any questions you might have and to assure you that you are among friends.
Old 03-21-2008, 20:08   #3
Bilbo Baggins

Don't be afraid to ask questions either. They would rather see you interested. and if you are married or have a significant other make surre they ask as well. (I am sure they told you to have them present)
Old 03-22-2008, 08:43   #4
MarcoPolo

Agreed. This process is meant to go both ways. They are there to get to know you, but it is a time for you to ask any questions you have as well.

At least in our lodge it's not a formal process (like a job interview), it's more like having a cup of coffee and "visiting" a little bit.

Help a Shriner Help a Child

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
MarcoPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:26   #5
jetboatdriver
CLM Number 47
Charter Lifetime Member

Congratulations - I know this has been a process much longer than you anticipated (and longer than I anticipated), but you are on your way.

Enjoy every moment of the journey.
Lone Star Glockers #3036 - Big Dawgs # 1903 - SW Solstice Club - Nat'l Assoc Solstice/Sky Owners
Panther City #1183, AF&AM Cooke-Peavy 1162 AF&AM Worth Commandery #19 -Texas Chapter 362-Council 321-Trinity York Rite College-Fort Worth SR - Moslah Shrine;Tranquility Lodge #2000
jetboatdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 19:05   #6
Batesmotel

I submited my petition in the spring and had to wait until fall because we go dark in the summer, just too hot in the building.

My interview was funny, the interview part was over in less than one minute. Two older brothers met me at a resturaunt to talk and have some pie. They asked me if I had any previous intrest or connection to Masony and I told them as a kid I played in the Shrine Youth Band. They asked if I still played and when I said yes they said great, that's all we need to know. Practice is at 7:00 on mondays, be there. They are both members of our small but active band and knew my uncle and grandfather from the band as well as the lodge. It was wonderfull talking to them and hearing stories about my grandfather and uncle when they were young.