Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-24-2008, 14:46   #1
California Jack

Dayum I Got FAT!

I hadn't weighed myself since Xmas. I weighed 218. I like to keep myself between 210 and 215. Anyhow, recently I haven't been watching my diet, and since I got sick and stopped my Enamait inspired plan, I've slacjked off the cardio. I noticed I'd been letting my belt out 2 holes. So I weighed myself this morining at a whopping 233.5! YIKES!!!!

Anyhow,, I am cleaning up my diet. My goal is to get under 215 by the end of July. I will be following a Jack modified BFL plan.

Excuse me know, this tubby has to go do some HIIT on the treadmill.

Thanks for reading,
Fats
California Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 15:28   #2
proactive

Give it hell, CF. (California Fats)
proactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 15:45   #3
California Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by proactive View Post
Give it hell, CF. (California Fats)
LOL! Though I think I desrve a master Haiku.
Old 03-24-2008, 16:00   #4
proactive

"Damn I'm getting BIG!"
But things are not as they seem
Thats not all muscle.
Old 03-24-2008, 16:12   #5
California Jack

Fats thinks proactive did a better job on his Haiku than he did with his attempt at giving Fats a new nickname. Good job.
Old 03-24-2008, 16:15   #6
proactive

Proactive does what he can. Good luck with the fat loss; I'm sure it will come off as easily as it went on.
Old 03-24-2008, 16:15   #7
proactive

That was proactive's attempt at dry sarcasm, btw.
Old 03-24-2008, 20:12   #8
DBradD

LOL, California Fats. That's hilarious.

I think this is probably a common theme this year, with all the sickness going around, screwing up plans. I'm literally afraid to weigh myself at this point and have gained a belt loop also. I'm down to one pair of dress pants and two pairs of jeans that fit (grew outta all of my 32 pants). For my height compared to yours, I'd guess that I did a similar job, LOL. I don't have illness to blame--just craploads more traveling. My wife's 37 weeks pregnant also and is bringing sweets, etc. into the house literally every day. I have zero discipline when that crap's around all the time.

Planning to restart II any time soon? Seems like a scaled version would be a good way to go at first. I'm a couple of weeks into my new S&C program and it's going ok. My conditioning is VERY disappointing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DBradD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 20:37   #9
California Jack

Quote:
For my height compared to yours, I'd guess that I did a similar job, LOL. I don't have illness to blame--just craploads more traveling. My wife's 37 weeks pregnant also and is bringing sweets, etc. into the house literally every day. I have zero discipline when that crap's around all the time.
I think for me, the travelling would be bad worse for me. You have a lot of other added stress that I'm sure contributes too.

Na, no scaled II yet, just a modified BFL plan. I'm going to do 3 HIIT weekly, 2 strength training (with 20 rep squats one day the other day I'll have some sort of finisher. Lastly, one day I'll go for a longer row or run. This wil;l be until I break my vacation this summer. After that I'l try to get back to II.
Old 03-24-2008, 20:44   #10
California Jack

I'm going to post my weight hre regularily to as some form of accountability. I'm not too worried about it though, I've never really had a hard time loosing or gaining weight, I am a master of my domain.
Old 03-24-2008, 21:53   #11
DBradD

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Jack View Post
I think for me, the travelling would be bad worse for me. You have a lot of other added stress that I'm sure contributes too.
Perhaps. The job search is about to drive me nuts. I'm pretty POed about how the VT job shook out. They hired a guy with about half my background and compatibility with the existing research--still not quite sure what happened. This guy's background is so narrow that an ant couldn't walk across it. CU will almost certainly not make an offer either, so I'm down to only one university. If that falls through, I have business plans here in Bburg, simply expanding the business I've been running for the last 3 years. No way I'm going to do a post-doc or otherwise drag out this process while other jobs appear next fall, not with 3 kids and having been here 3.25 years already.

I honestly don't care at this point. I just wish I knew what direction to get psyched about.

I think if I would've stuck to my NG-based S&C program, the traveling wouldn't have been so destructive. I felt paralyzed to do anything while on the road for fear of messing up the linear progression when I returned home. A program with that much rigidity isn't for me, at least not now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 03-24-2008, 23:00   #12
ateamer
NRA4EVR

I'm down to 240. Due to being just completely wiped out with the flu for a week where I almost didn't eat and missing meals at work due to calls coming in at all the wrong times and trying low carbs to get some definition, I feel like an Ethiopian. It's kind of cool seeing all my abs instead of just one smooth one, but that low carb stuff sapped my energy, I just didn't feel right and actually wasn't sleeping as well. Went back to eating pretty much anything I want, whenever I want, and I feel way better. Sleep is better, there is more energy and I just feel right. Now I just need to get that weight back. The heaviest I've ever been is 253 - normally can keep right at 250. I would love to get up to 260 or 265, at least for a while.
Know-it-all
ateamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:42   #13
BCR
BIGASS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by proactive View Post
"Damn I'm getting BIG!"
But things are not as they seem
Thats not all muscle.
Classic!

Its all good Jack, now there is just more of you to love.

And we're all about love here in S&C.

Maybe you can hang a BK Whopper on a stick out in front of you and chase it around town. I'll be right behind you with my keg.......rolling it.

PAIN IS MY BEST FRIEND.
BCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 11:59   #14
proactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCR View Post
And we're all about love here in S&C.
Werd.
Old 03-25-2008, 19:48   #15
California Jack

Quote:
Maybe you can hang a BK Whopper on a stick out in front of you and chase it around town. I'll be right behind you with my keg.......rolling it.
It would serve me as better motivation if the keg was full and you wre rolling it in front of me. I appreciate the sentiment though.
Old 03-26-2008, 02:25   #16
BCR
BIGASS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Jack View Post
It would serve me as better motivation if the keg was full and you wre rolling it in front of me. I appreciate the sentiment though.
Perhaps we could trade.

I'm a sucker for a Whopper with cheese.

You get the keg.

PAIN IS MY BEST FRIEND.
BCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 07:23   #17
DBradD

This reminds me of a blog entry by Ross a while back. He had several foods on there with some nutritional info. THe idea was for folks to be appalled at the amount of sugar, etc. in them, but I think all he did was make me want one of those Ruby Tuesday's chocolate cakes.

Old 03-26-2008, 20:01   #18
California Jack

I guess I am bloated and retaining water.

I'm not usually a daily weigh-in kinda person. However, this morning, after my first two days of my weightloss attempt, I weighed myself. I'm down to 227, six pounds after 2 days. At this rate, I'll reach my target weightloss sometime this weekend.

Last edited by California Jack; 03-27-2008 at 00:21..
Old 03-27-2008, 12:30   #19
proactive

CJ, I envy your de-bloating abilities.
Old 03-27-2008, 19:20   #20
California Jack

I'm sure it was some sort of anomoly. I probably put a pound on this today or didn't lose anything. That's why I don't like daily weighing. I'm more interested in the overall trend instead of the daily peaks and valleys.