Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-25-2008, 20:32   #1
isuzu

US Politics - Turning Into Philippine-Style Politics

Si Barak Obama and Brad Pitt, kamag-anak daw?

Si Hillary Clinton and Angelina Jolie, ganun din?

Sabi ko na nga ba, mabisa ang Philippine Politics. Sinusunod ng ibang bansa (the marking of one's finger by indelible ink was copied by another country).

Here's the full story:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080325/...ates_genealogy

Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 21:12   #2
CatsMeow

Hehe the day is not far off when in the States siblings or their parents will be running against each other, as what has been happening here... They may soon have senator siblings, like the Cayetanos mayor-vicemayor couples... sanggunians dominated by family members...

At least some things are definitely common: Father-child Presidents: Adams & Bush; while we have the Macapagals. And candidates running on celebrity credentials... then they will learn the same lesson the masa here refuse to learn...
Old 03-25-2008, 22:16   #3
Duckman1975

Sir catsmeow, Candidates running on celebrity credentials is an imported idea from the states. Nauna na si Pres. Reagan, from what I have seen in documentaries he was not that bad of a president, some may even say he was one of the best. Wish Erap sieze the opportunity to make good changes during his short term, he has the charisma to make people listen to him.
Duckman1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 22:24   #4
Clusterbomb

@Catsmeow

Ano yan, acculturation in reverse? Sila na ang nahawa sa atin? Ha-ha!

If you want an extreme example of this 'related-people-all-in-politics' syndrome endemic in Philippine politics, look no farther than that Congressman from Mindanao who was recently killed by a bomb at the Batasan. Di ba all (4?) of his wives also held various positions in local government?
Clusterbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 00:09   #5
CX9

Nah RP politics is still the worst, at least in the US there are still MEN who resigns from office because of his womanizing unlike in RP where it's the NORM and a status symbol PWE.
CX9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 02:03   #6
CatsMeow

How disheartening... If this were a nation of dogs, the hound who barks the most, even at the wrong tree, gets to become senator...
Old 03-26-2008, 18:33   #7
New_comer

Eh yung dagdag-bawas, nakita na natin sa laban ni Gore-Bush nung 2000, di ba? Minana nila sa atin yung technique na iyon.

Remember Florida, and those contoversial 'chads'?

New_comer
BoG's #38
H&K Club #38

"We like to talk about (or be told about) Democracy but, when put to the test, usually find it to be an 'inconvenience.' We have opted instead for an authoritarian system *disguised* as a Democracy. We pay through the nose for an enormous joke-of-a-government, let it push us around, and then wonder how all those *******s got in there."
- Frank Zappa
New_comer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 20:08   #8
Clusterbomb

@new-comer

At least dun, when all the hulabaloo was over, Gore was magnanimous enough to say: "I disagree with the decision, but I accept it." Even as the loser, his concern was that the nation must move on.

Eh dito? The losing bet would say: "DINAYA AKOH!!!" And the nation be damned!!
Clusterbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 21:11   #9
Duckman1975

Maybe, just maybe, our country is not yet really ready for democracy. Think I also heard it from the comment of then prime minister of Singapore Li Kuan Wu.
Duckman1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:00   #10
New_comer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clusterbomb View Post
@new-comer

At least dun, when all the hulabaloo was over, Gore was magnanimous enough to say: "I disagree with the decision, but I accept it." Even as the loser, his concern was that the nation must move on.

Eh dito? The losing bet would say: "DINAYA AKOH!!!" And the nation be damned!!
It's only a matter of time...

Try to observe the current mud-slinging of the Democrat's nomination race, and wild tirades of extremist GOP's. Duon na papunta yan...

New_comer
BoG's #38
H&K Club #38

"We like to talk about (or be told about) Democracy but, when put to the test, usually find it to be an 'inconvenience.' We have opted instead for an authoritarian system *disguised* as a Democracy. We pay through the nose for an enormous joke-of-a-government, let it push us around, and then wonder how all those *******s got in there."
- Frank Zappa
New_comer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 03:22   #11
maskytrading

Send a message via Yahoo to maskytrading
US Politics

Before we had Erap as President, who is a first class multi titled Pilipino movie actor...the US of A had Ronald Reagan who was not as successful in his Hollywood career...RR was a better president than he was an actor.
maskytrading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 04:16   #12
CX9

We want Democracy and participate in it too much that we allow ourselves be RULED by imbeciles and CROOKS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckman1975 View Post
Maybe, just maybe, our country is not yet really ready for democracy. Think I also heard it from the comment of then prime minister of Singapore Li Kuan Wu.
CX9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 10:01   #13
royal glockster

Personally, i think the Philippines is NOT yet fit to adopt the american style of democracy...the singaporean model is the appropriate form..
BOG #4540
"PERCEPTION DIFFERS FROM REALITY"
royal glockster is offline   Reply With Quote