Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-19-2008, 17:31   #1
TrooperDan

Jeremia Wright, Marine?

Obama's minister was supposedly a Marine in 2ND MARDIV '61-63 as a PFC then in the navy as a cardio tech at Bethesda hospital. Is there any way to confirm he was in the Corps and find out about his service? And is it unusual to transfer from the Marines to the Navy? I know Marine corpsmen are usually Navy personell, never understood that either! I just find it difficult to believe anyone that had been a Marine could preach as he has.
Big Dawg #1164
Carolina Glocker # 36
TrooperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 20:41   #2
Tangodown0311
Large Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrooperDan View Post
Obama's minister was supposedly a Marine in 2ND MARDIV '61-63 as a PFC then in the navy as a cardio tech at Bethesda hospital. Is there any way to confirm he was in the Corps and find out about his service? And is it unusual to transfer from the Marines to the Navy? I know Marine corpsmen are usually Navy personell, never understood that either! I just find it difficult to believe anyone that had been a Marine could preach as he has.
I know of a few former Marines that joined the Navy to enter BUD/S in order to try and become SEALs...
Old 03-20-2008, 21:03   #3
USMC1369

Send a message via Yahoo to USMC1369
Quote:
Believe it buddy. They don't ask for your political affiliation when you sign up. He's a racist - that is all.

http://www.tucc.org/pastor.htm

I didn't find anything about his service dates or unit.

Corpsman are sailors with a rating of HM (Hospital Corpsman) sometimes they are attached to fleet Marine Units. They have been "official" since just before WWI and have served with distinction and valor ever since.

Old 03-27-2008, 22:08   #4
chadb1019
Cpl. Punishment

Alot of Marines EAS and join other branches espeacially the Navy. The Navy Corpsman, espeacially in Division, are very well respected and and many cases treated as Marines themselves. They have earned there right to wear Marine Corps Cammies and service Uniforms as long as they keep up with Marine Corps regulations ie.. pass the PFT. There are some good Devil Docs out there and many Medal of Honor recipiants.
-OIF, OEF -'03 and '04
-Operation Phantom Fury "2nd Battle of Fallujah."-November 2004
chadb1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 20:14   #5
THE_CAPTAIN
B.T.D.T. MEMBER

Quote:

Active Duty Military Can Run search Through Military.com ....AFTER they Register !! For The Sake Of "The CORPS" & America .....Search & Post Results !! ASAP !!
THE_CAPTAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 22:13   #6
LordZorlon

I knew several skinheads that joined the Marines...
LordZorlon is offline   Reply With Quote