GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-13-2008, 20:51   #26
skyboss_4evr

Broke mine in today in my G23. Noticeable improvement!
Old 08-16-2008, 11:35   #27
4MUL8R

After 250 rounds, G34 is locking up with precision.
4MUL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:00   #28
KahrMan

I'm curious, will this MGSL make ammo that has a longer OAL have a harder time feeding into the barrel? Or Is this a non-issue?

Thanks
KahrMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:17   #29
V12

An absolutely fantastic product.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 12:53   #30
4MUL8R

MGSL has nothing to do with feeding ammo. Once bullet hits feedramp and slide moves everything forward and up, THEN it comes into play.
4MUL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 15:24   #31
graycrait

Right now this all subjective because I just wanted to get a 100 rds through the MGSL Glocks I have while I was working on my .38 Super conversion to 9mm. I ordered two the other day and received them both. I put one in my G19 and it seemed that groups were better right away. In my CCF G17 the MGSL didn't seem to add anything to its already great accuracy. I gave the second MGSL to one of my friends to put in his G19 and see if he sees the same difference that I did in my G19.

In any case I advocate getting one of these for every polymer framed Glock I own. I wonder if it could improve the 26 or maybe the barrel is two short to realize any improvement.
graycrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 15:59   #32
caneau

T. R., I think you might be a genius : )

I emailed you yesterday about getting one of these for my CCF as a way of solving my accuracy issues with the gun. Well today at the range, I took the gun apart and looked at my slide stop, compared to my G36 (which shoots very accurately).

What a difference. The G36's wear is nice and even. The CCF/G17 has a divot, yes, a divot, in the left side of the slide stop from how unevenly the barrel has been contacting it. I was always wondering if the slide stop in my CCF being loose was a problem. The answer to my question is: yes. It is.

So, I will be giving you a call on Monday and ordering me one of these bad boys. It's almost certainly why my gun hasn't been grouping as well as I had wanted. I couldn't figure out why until now. Hopefully this will fix it as it should make for a much better lockup than before.
Old 08-16-2008, 16:03   #33
davebloomer

would this help at all with a G26?
davebloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 16:44   #34
caneau

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
would this help at all with a G26?
I don't see why not. The slide stop in G26s is no different than in any other small framed Glock.
Old 08-16-2008, 23:33   #35
SlickGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by caneau View Post
I don't see why not. The slide stop in G26s is no different than in any other small framed Glock.
Or in all other Glocks (except G36), for that matter.
SlickGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 00:00   #36
caneau

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickGlock View Post
Or in all other Glocks (except G36), for that matter.
Yup, sorry, should have made that clear. Was thinking small framed because the thread was talking about G23s, but yeah, any Glock except the G36.
Old 08-17-2008, 14:08   #37
T. R. Graham
The Glocksmith

Gents,

Thank you all for your kind words. If I can answer any questions for you please call me at 832-695-7192.

Last edited by T. R. Graham; 08-17-2008 at 23:47.. Reason: double signature
T. R. Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 17:55   #38
ArkinDomino
Registered Dude

My groups are getting better! I also tried a "Blind" experiment at the range with my R.O. he is already a good shoot but this part made him great with my G19. I'm going to order two more (one for my G30 and one for his G19)! T R rocks!
Old 08-17-2008, 18:08   #39
graycrait

I got two of these from TR Graham the other day. Both now reside in G19s and had noticeable effect from the very beginning. However, I had placed one in my stainless steel CCF fram that has a stock G17 upper on it. I saw no difference with the MGSL than what I already classify as superb Glock accuracy that I get with the CCF frame. I attribute the no difference to the already tighter barrel lockup provided by the "oversized" CCF locking block. Would I buy another MGSL? Are you kidding? I have 2 more polymer Glocks and plan on getting another. I need all the real help I can get.

Craig in Clarksville, TN
graycrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 13:09   #40
killersrt
Boondock Saint

Just placed an order this weekened, so hoping to get it soon. This thread is building up the excitement. Cant wait to get back to the range with it installed.
killersrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 19:39   #41
Civitas
Nip it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkinDomino View Post
My groups are getting better! I also tried a "Blind" experiment at the range with my R.O. he is already a good shoot but this part made him great with my G19.
How did you do the "experiment"? How much improvement did you see?
Civitas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 13:17   #42
Joe Mamma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civitas View Post
How much improvement did you see?
This is what I want to know too. I'd appreciate hearing from anyone about this.

Joe Mamma
Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer
Joe Mamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:47   #43
killersrt
Boondock Saint

Just got mine in today, and while it isn't visually much wider than factory, it makes a HUGE difference. It might be awhile before I get range results though.
killersrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 19:54   #44
BOGE

I think that 99.99% of Glock aftermarket crap is just that: crap. HOWEVER, this piqued my interest as it addresses the barrel lockup which is critical to accuracy. So I called Mr. Graham and ordered two today. I will use this part like a courstesy car to a cathouse and report back.
BOGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 20:14   #45
gary newport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOGE View Post
I think that 99.99% of Glock aftermarket crap is just that: crap. HOWEVER, this piqued my interest as it addresses the barrel lockup which is critical to accuracy. So I called Mr. Graham and ordered two today. I will use this part like a courstesy car to a cathouse and report back.
And many will thank you for your support!

I have one, but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

G17, G17RTF2, G19, G21, G21SF (2), G26, G30, G30SF, G34 (2), G37 (2), G38, G39
gary newport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 20:41   #46
A96HondaAccordEX

I sent a M/O on Mon. Hopefully I get mine soon. Cant wait to try it out.
A96HondaAccordEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 22:37   #47
TexasPOff
"Dump The Hump"

Seems as though a forest fire has been started around Mr. Graham's MGSL. 1000 plus round later and mine keeps getting better and better. I believe this may be the most important must have part for the Glock pistols, aside from new sights. Thanks again TR and keep up the outstanding work. TXPOFF
Certified M&P LE Armorer
www.ColdBoreCustom.com "DUMP THE HUMP"

Last edited by TexasPOff; 08-21-2008 at 22:39..
TexasPOff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 23:50   #48
caneau

Got mine today. Will have range report tomorrow. So far, very impressed, and yes, it does fit on current production CCF guns (mine's a 12xx serial number).
Old 08-22-2008, 12:57   #49
Noponer

HOW does it work?

No disrespect to TR or to anyone who has fired a Glock with the MGSL, but I do not see how it helps. I have not tested a gun with one, so I will have to believe those of you who have tested one.

The slide lock does not "address lockup" as BOGE stated. Take the slidelock out of your gun & slip the slide/barrel assembly back on. The locking block pulls the assembly out of - & into - lockup. The slide lock simply determines how far the assembly moves forward on the guide rails before stopping. A thicker, better machined, & wider slide stop will just make stop farther to the rear by the extra thickness of the stop.

Once, I installed a factory slide stop in backward. That makes the slide sit back so much farther (because no groove on the other side) that it is noticable. The gun worked OK like this for several months. Afer I noticed the slide hanging over rear of the frame. I investigated & installed the stop correctly.

Maybe someone can explain to me - & anyone else who wants to know - HOW the MGSL works. General references to "better quality", "more precise", etc. still do not explain HOW that makes a Glock group better. If I knew that it would help, I would buy some, at least for my USPSA guns.
Noponer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 13:04   #50
skyboss_4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noponer View Post
No disrespect to TR or to anyone who has fired a Glock with the MGSL, but I do not see how it helps. I have not tested a gun with one, so I will have to believe those of you who have tested one.

The slide lock does not "address lockup" as BOGE stated. Take the slidelock out of your gun & slip the slide/barrel assembly back on. The locking block pulls the assembly out of - & into - lockup. The slide lock simply determines how far the assembly moves forward on the guide rails before stopping. A thicker, better machined, & wider slide stop will just make stop farther to the rear by the extra thickness of the stop.

Once, I installed a factory slide stop in backward. That makes the slide sit back so much farther (because no groove on the other side) that it is noticable. The gun worked OK like this for several months. Afer I noticed the slide hanging over rear of the frame. I investigated & installed the stop correctly.

Maybe someone can explain to me - & anyone else who wants to know - HOW the MGSL works. General references to "better quality", "more precise", etc. still do not explain HOW that makes a Glock group better. If I knew that it would help, I would buy some, at least for my USPSA guns.

I'm sure T.R. Graham will be along shortly to explain the "how" to you. If not, I suggest giving him a call. He's a great guy to deal with and his gun knowledge is far beyond mine. He explained the "how" to me in great detail. With that all said, my G23 and two G27's have all exhibited noticeably tighter groups with the MGSL.

Tags
mgsl