Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-15-2002, 15:22   #1
Esox357

got a carp

Hey guys, went out bowfishing today, didn't expect to get much well low and behold I saw carp moving in the little pond I was bowfishing at. The water was stained like dark coffee. Well anyhow I managed to sneak up on a carp in the moss that was "sucking" I waited for movement and saw his lips "pop" I let the arrow fly I heard a smack and saw the carp jump about 6 inches out of the water. Then everything was silent. I retrieved the line and found that I had hit him through the head above his eye exit below the opposite side's eye. Well no official weight or measure but he was easily 10 pounds and the largest carp I have shot. Take Care Esox357
Old 06-15-2002, 15:48   #2
hcc49

I have heard that if you decide to eat a carp, place it and a brick in covered pan and bake. When the carp is ready,through it away and eat the brick. Congratulations on your sucessful fish hunt. Take care.
Old 06-15-2002, 23:57   #3
PACKIN' PLASTIC
4,500+ posts

Send a message via AIM to PACKIN' PLASTIC Send a message via Yahoo to PACKIN' PLASTIC
Good job!

That is one big carp!

Pictures please?

PP
PACKIN' PLASTIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 01:14   #4
Esox357

Hey guys, I have photos of the other carp I shot over the last two years, yesterday I didn't have a camera so this means I will have to shoot a comparable carp. I'm going this friday with a buddy in his boat to a refuge lake that allows bowfishing. Carp in that lake can reach an easy 20lbs plus, but I have never bowfished their. I fished it when I was younger until the river flooded into it and ruined the lake. Anyhow I ended up giving the carp to two guys that wanted it so I won't have to worry about eating them. I'm not technologically in the know how? So I dont know how to post pictures. I heard that I need a scanner and then go to a website to post the pictures well when I learn how I will show some photos over the years. Take Care, Esox357