Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-15-2002, 06:02   #1
Esox357

Dpms

Gentlemen I just took the plunge and put a DPMS carbine on lay away. I spoke to the salesman and he stated that it was interchangable with bushmaster parts and has a 1:9 twist. Since he didnt have a bushmaster and the price was good for what I found I figured I couldnt resist. He sold it to me for 794.00 NIB> with tax it came to 834.00. I plan on buying a match barrel in 24 inch with a flat top for some serious varmiting. My questions are what do you guys know about this type of rifle good or bad. What are some spare parts that I should purchase for this as in maintenance items. Any other information is a plus. Thanks for your help. Esox357
Old 06-15-2002, 11:30   #2
Mtrclass

I have been usign DPMS AR-15's for several years and have not had any problems or needed to replace any parts.

You will find them very accurate, and durable. The are one of the best deals on the market.

Alomst all AR-15 parts are interchangable between manufacturers as long as they use the same pin size.
Old 06-15-2002, 15:18   #3
Esox357

Thanks for the info, I'm looking forward to shooting it and it will give me time to purchase some ammo for it. I think I will try some hornady tap rounds and then by some cheap surplus for plinking. I heard good things about South African 223 ammo.
Old 06-16-2002, 00:58   #4
Islander-11
Meat detective

Hey Esox - I purchased my DPMS last month and I can only tell you it's the most fun gun in the world to shoot! I've used only the South African ammo in it and it's been great. My only suggestion to you is to add a red dot sighting device to the gun. I did (at the suggestion of the guy at my gun store) and the results are hard for me to believe. I do not consider myself a great shot but this gun with this sight seems almost unfair. Good luck - hope you like yours as much as I like mine.
Old 06-16-2002, 01:07   #5
Esox357

Thanks, any recommendations on which red dot? Someone put an aimpoint on theirs. I tried a buddies red dot sight on his 44 mag pistol and had a hard time finding the sight? I dont know if it was broke or if I couldnt align it right. When I looked throught it I had to move it around to try to center it in the scope and then put it on target. Thanks Esox357
Old 06-16-2002, 02:39   #6
Islander-11
Meat detective

Esox - mine is a Bushnell Trophy 1X30 model with four interchangeable reticles. It's mounted on a B-Square mount. I can't tell you anything about other models because I've never used any. I can tell you this allows me to pick up a target quickly and hit better than I should be able to! Check it out if you get a chance - you'll like it.
Old 06-16-2002, 03:28   #7
Esox357

What do one of those bushnell run price wise? I have had good luck with bushnell scopes. Esox357
Old 06-16-2002, 04:17   #8
Islander-11
Meat detective

I paid about $99, IIRC.