SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-09-2008, 03:59   #1
Kaiser Soze
Notorious

Found some Glocks at Trust Trade Galleria

I called up Trust Trade Galleria, to see if they had some Glock 21 stuff for my friend, when I casually asked if they had any pistols, even older display units available.

I was surprised when the guy answered me with a "yes!"! I was hoping for a Glock 34 or 17L, but he told me that there were a few Glock 24 and 24C units left. These are the .40 cal versions of the 17L and 17LC.

Since I'm not a big fan of the .40 cal platform, I thought that I'd inform you guys na lang. This is a BIG/LONG gun btw, it has a 6 inch barrel and a lighter trigger pull, so it should be a great range/competition gun.

"Do unto others as they do unto you...but do it FIRST!"

S.O.E. Tambay #7
Kaiser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:14   #2
i_am_infinity
Pang Altar

may shortage din daw ng glock and now you confirmed it...ano ba chikka??

BOG #6
i_am_infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 04:19   #3
9MX
Rei!

ang chikka eh ubos talaga ang glocks sa ngayon.. G17, G19, G22, G27,G26
Old 04-09-2008, 09:39   #4
i_am_infinity
Pang Altar

anybody know the reason why?

BOG #6
Old 04-09-2008, 09:49   #5
Samtoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_infinity View Post
anybody know the reason why?
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=822106
Samtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:00   #6
Kaiser Soze
Notorious

Quote:
The way guns are imported and sold in the Philippines is a gray area. This rings true with the guns coming from EU countries where the export laws make it unusually complicated.

Anyways, some of the Glocks intended for the Philippines landed in the hands of asian organized crime organizations in other parts of Asia like Taiwan, Japan, etc. When Interpol reported this to Glock, Glock launched an investigation and found that some dealers specially the "authorized dealer" in the Philippines was selling the guns to un-authorized buyers or used gray areas in the agreements with Glock to sell the guns from its intended market, law enforcement.

As Glock and Interpol, started to investigate the big dealers started to blame each other and due to this Glock just stopped shipping to the Philippines.

If people notice, since late last year no new shipments have come in. The stocks that are in country are the long slide Glocks or Glocks left over from previous shipments.... just check the serial numbers.

There have been rumors that Glock will resume shipping to the Philippines again, but its unfortunate that so many buyers have been putting down payments to reserve Glocks that arent coming.

I have not mentioned any dealers name because I dont want a flame war to start, but its just unfortunate that bickering between the dealers and specially the main dealer got the Philippines banned.

In the end, I am sure Glock will succumb to money and resume shipments. The reality is there are worse examples of missing Glocks, ie. Iraq, but unfortunately our usual finger pointing got us banned and that sucks.

For those who have been waiting for their Glocks for over 6 to 8 months with down payments I feel for you.

For anyone planning to give any dealer a down for a Glock, all I can say is buyer beware. Lets wait till several shipments come before giving our hard earned money.

The problem is the down payment is used for other things aside from buying the Glocks intended for us...

As a proud and happy Glock owner I can't wait to buy a new one, but just be careful.

Its not about plastic shortages or any other shortage... this is another case of playing the gray, jealousy, money, and backstabbing that typically pervades our country from time to time...
This is from the thread SAMTOY started...

"Do unto others as they do unto you...but do it FIRST!"

S.O.E. Tambay #7
Kaiser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 10:15   #7
Samtoy

THE MYSTERY CONTINUES...
Samtoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 12:22   #8
i_am_infinity
Pang Altar

oops sorry didnt see that one.

BOG #6
Old 04-10-2008, 00:22   #9
Glock_19_9x19
Toink!

Does this mean na tataas resale value ng Glock ngayon? Was planning to sell mine and get a M&P this year
Band of Glockers Philippines.#80
The Wheelhouse...............#81
Niner's Club.................#120
G1 Niners....................#1700
Glock_19_9x19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 00:56   #10
CatsMeow

Yeah me too, in the event I will be transferred in a hurry to NLRC in Banawe St., I may have to let go of my G19. E-series, bought '02, fed only factory FMJ, only stoppages were due to defective mag springs and were corrected, bone-stock except for Meprolight sights, license renewed January this year.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:43   #11
chromedG35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Soze View Post
I called up Trust Trade Galleria, to see if they had some Glock 21 stuff for my friend, when I casually asked if they had any pistols, even older display units available.

I was surprised when the guy answered me with a "yes!"! I was hoping for a Glock 34 or 17L, but he told me that there were a few Glock 24 and 24C units left. These are the .40 cal versions of the 17L and 17LC.

Since I'm not a big fan of the .40 cal platform, I thought that I'd inform you guys na lang. This is a BIG/LONG gun btw, it has a 6 inch barrel and a lighter trigger pull, so it should be a great range/competition gun.
sir kaiser,

.40 caliber at present, is safe to say the caliber of choice when you're planning to join competitive shooting (IPSC/PPSA) in the standard division. G24, G24C are great guns but sad to say not included in the list of IPSC approved guns

buy G22 or G35 instead!
chromedG35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 19:03   #12
isuzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsMeow View Post
Yeah me too, in the event I will be transferred in a hurry to NLRC in Banawe St., I may have to let go of my G19. E-series, bought '02, fed only factory FMJ, only stoppages were due to defective mag springs and were corrected, bone-stock except for Meprolight sights, license renewed January this year.
Don't let go of it. You'll have nightmares!

I was thinking of bringing my Glock 17 to Canada before I moved here. Kaso lang, there was just too much paperwork involved. Glock 19s are not allowed here unless you change to a longer barrel (because of minimum length restrictions).

I really felt bad when I sold those two Glocks.

Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 19:06   #13
isuzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_infinity View Post
may shortage din daw ng glock and now you confirmed it...ano ba chikka??
Glock 17 and 22 prices have actually gone down here in Canada. Used to be CDN$950.00. There are now some gun stores that sell them at CDN$599.00 + 5% Goods and Services Tax.

Old 04-10-2008, 19:24   #14
CatsMeow

Quote:
Originally Posted by isuzu View Post
Don't let go of it. You'll have nightmares!

I was thinking of bringing my Glock 17 to Canada before I moved here. Kaso lang, there was just too much paperwork involved. Glock 19s are not allowed here unless you change to a longer barrel (because of minimum length restrictions).

I really felt bad when I sold those two Glocks.
Yeah, that's how I lost my first G19; I was being transferred out of Manila; my officemate kept bugging me to sell it to him, so in a weak moment I gave in. Within the year, however, I raised enough cash to get another pistol, it was a choice between another G19, or a CZ-75 for P10k less; or CZ-97 .45 for P5k less; G19 won. Now it's deja vu... hope I won't be forced into the same situation again, but if I will, its replacement will be another Glock.
Old 04-10-2008, 19:47   #15
isuzu

You can always have your address changed in your license. I believe it doesn't take long to have your address changed at the FED.

Old 04-10-2008, 20:40   #16
mitchshrader
Deceased

the long slide .40 glocks points where you think.

i am NOT a glock guy, and i got closest with the 24C.. i was very very tempted.. just holding it.. i am not going to do it.

i don't think. probably. but i'll try to talk YOU into it..
Old 04-10-2008, 21:00   #17
bmag

Quote:
CM, kulang na lang dito presyo.
Rimfire Club #163032
bmag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 22:46   #18
dnotrex

so far wala pa glocks. i purchased the one of the remaining 2 G17 from trust trade MCS last march....popular kc, madami din glock user dito sa Area 4(Central Luzon)

leo mangubat of OPSA(also of Trust Trade) now shoot with glock17!

Band of Glockers

Last edited by dnotrex; 04-10-2008 at 22:50..
dnotrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 22:47   #19
CatsMeow

Hehe if or when I start processing out of Cebu I'll let you know. I rather it goes to a BoG so I will know where it went, less heartbreaking that way; the same can't be said for my previous guns.

Here's what it looks like:

Band of Glockers
Old 04-11-2008, 05:14   #20
ag3

Hi,

I was the one that posted regarding the real story about the Glocks. Its funny how the "official" Glock dealer keeps on claiming its because its a popular gun. I love Glocks. I want and will buy one in the future, but I hate it that we are being played with.

One thing I didnt add is PLEASE PLEASE check your Glock's serial number. I was offered a supposed brand new glock before but when I checked on the Net the serial number it was from was a 3 year old shipment. I soon found out that it was a used Glock and the dealer was trying to pull a fast one on me.

The Glocks we buy basically we dont see until we put up money so please get the serial number and check it. The problem is even if we do get the gun and it looks used they claim its because it was test fired, etc, etc.

Please be aware of the tricks some dealers play on us.
ag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 22:53   #21
CatsMeow

If the Glock you got has coppery-looking stuff on the slide rails, then it's sure to be brand new. I think it was some sort of lubricant applied at the factory, and if it's still there (plenty of it), then it is brand new.

Probably there must be some Glocks that were sitting in the warehouse for three years and only came out now. And it is standard FED policy to test-fire all new guns sold for ballistics so don't worry if it has the "just fired" look; it's not like they ran a full mag through it, with reloads.

I really envy how in the States the gun is sitting on the shelf where you can eye it carefully, even test fire it in some cases, before buying it. Here we see "samples", then it gets our goat when the unit we ordered does not look like it. In my case I immediately ordered my GI .45 upon seeing the dealer's great looking sample, only to find out that mine wasn't...
Old 04-15-2008, 22:01   #22
ag3

Quote:

Probably there must be some Glocks that were sitting in the warehouse for three years and only came out now. And it is standard FED policy to test-fire all new guns sold for ballistics so don't worry if it has the "just fired" look; it's not like they ran a full mag through it, with reloads.
Actually, I have connections and had the gun checked and it came out it already had a previous owner... I had the name and details. Forgot to mention that in my previous post.
Old 04-16-2008, 00:26   #23
CatsMeow

Oh ok. The thing is, caveat emptor does not apply when we buy from dealers; we don't see what we're buying until it is delivered. Only when we buy from private persons do we see what we're getting.
Old 04-16-2008, 00:29   #24
ag3

Buy from reputable dealers and if possible with a Glock check the database and find out when it was produced and if your suspicious find a connection to find out the history of that gun with the PNP.
Old 04-16-2008, 00:44   #25
brawnless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag3 View Post
Hi,

I was the one that posted regarding the real story about the Glocks. Its funny how the "official" Glock dealer keeps on claiming its because its a popular gun. I love Glocks. I want and will buy one in the future, but I hate it that we are being played with.

One thing I didnt add is PLEASE PLEASE check your Glock's serial number. I was offered a supposed brand new glock before but when I checked on the Net the serial number it was from was a 3 year old shipment. I soon found out that it was a used Glock and the dealer was trying to pull a fast one on me.

The Glocks we buy basically we dont see until we put up money so please get the serial number and check it. The problem is even if we do get the gun and it looks used they claim its because it was test fired, etc, etc.

Please be aware of the tricks some dealers play on us.
Sir,

In what country did that incident happen?

Thanks,

brawnless
brawnless is offline   Reply With Quote