SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-09-2008, 15:16   #1
GMAN40
OIF Vet. 04-05

Semper Fi X10 From a Retired Army MP

I must say this in all sincerity..During my 14 month deployment in Iraq 04 -05 tour, The Marines saved my *** a few times. when the idiots in my leadership chain ASS UMED, we were in no danger. ( long story ). One separate note...Contrary to what Rumsfeld stated, we arrived in country with IBA vests with NO plates! Thanks to a Marine Corps Gunnery SGT who I became friends with, he donated 10 fully equipped IBA vests with plates to my squad. The first thing I asked him was " Are all your men outfitted and are we taking this equipment from other troops?" He said NO they are covered. He was a life saver because 10 minutes later one of my men took a round in the back from a sniper and lived because of his new vest. What else can I say about the marines but they are the best! Thank you Gunnery SGT Owens and the rest of the Marine Corps. I will never again bust the B@lls of a Marine! Semper Fi brothers

Last edited by GMAN40; 04-13-2008 at 07:53..
GMAN40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 19:05   #2
cce1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN40 View Post
I must say this in all sincerity..During my 14 month deployment in Iraq 04 -05 tour, The Marines saved my *** a few times. when the idiots in my leadership chain ASS UMED, we were in no danger. ( long story ). One separate note...Contrary to what Rumsfeld stated, we arrived in country with IBA vests with NO plates! Thanks to a Marine Corps Gunnery SGT who I became friends with, he donated 10 fully equipped IBA vests with plates to my squad. The first thing I asked him was " Are all your men outfitted and are we taking this equipment from other troops?" He said NO they are covered. He was a life saver because 10 minutes later one of my men took a round in the back from a sniper and lived because of his new vest. What else can I say about the marines but they are the best! Thank you Gunnery SGT Owensand the rest of the Marine Corps. I will never again bust the B@lls of a Marine! Semper Fi brothers
Back at ya buddy. Ball busting is ok when professionalism and respect are retained.
I rode with Ironhawk (Iowa NG) a few times while I was over there in '05 and worked beside 4-14 Strykers for a few weeks.
cce1302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 13:02   #3
usmc0341

Gunnys always have a way with coming up with "extra" gear!

Semper Fi!
usmc0341 is offline   Reply With Quote