Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-19-2008, 19:07   #1
LongArmedDevil

In search of a 26

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum. I read some of the posts about the local gun shops. I have to say that I've had the best service at Caswells. I ended up doing my CCW there.
Anyways I'm in the market for a 26 and am going to check out Lone Wolf and Derby Guns. Lone Wolf had the best price by $30.00. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm one of those guys who will, if treated poorly at a store, pay extra at a different shop.

I've always found it kind of odd that some shops act like they are doing you a big favor by letting you buy a gun from them.

Seems like most folks here are pretty nice and don't rip you a new one for asking a question.

Stay safe

Long Armed Devil
LongArmedDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 20:32   #2
fofinger
NRA Member

Kate at Derby Guns is a sweetheart....the last time I saw them there they were selling for $499.00 + tax....

Gun laws are laws against self-defense.....
fofinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 23:24   #3
CU4X4N
5th of November

Scottsdale Gun Club has them for $499.95 as well.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:29   #4
LongArmedDevil

we have a winner

Well, it looks like Caswells is the going to be the winner. I called around to a few shops and Lone Wolf had the best price 459.00. Every one eles was 499.00.

I called over to Caswells they said they will match the price, just bring in a copy of web page that has Lone Wolf price on it.

As to customer service...the gent on the phone at LW was irritated that I called and had ?'s. Sighs and sarcatic yes answers

Caswells was friendly and asked me if I had any other follow up questions. I bought my 17 from them and have shot on their lanes many times and never had a bad experience, also got my CCW there. Guess I should stick with them. But it never hurts to look around for the best deal.

Anyways just want to let us locals know about the price matching deal.

Stay safe
LongArmedDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 15:59   #5
CU4X4N
5th of November

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongArmedDevil View Post
Well, it looks like Caswells is the going to be the winner. I called around to a few shops and Lone Wolf had the best price 459.00. Every one eles was 499.00.

I called over to Caswells they said they will match the price, just bring in a copy of web page that has Lone Wolf price on it.

As to customer service...the gent on the phone at LW was irritated that I called and had ?'s. Sighs and sarcatic yes answers

Caswells was friendly and asked me if I had any other follow up questions. I bought my 17 from them and have shot on their lanes many times and never had a bad experience, also got my CCW there. Guess I should stick with them. But it never hurts to look around for the best deal.

Anyways just want to let us locals know about the price matching deal.

Stay safe
Thanks for the info!
Old 05-09-2008, 00:06   #6
sfmittels
CLM Number 134
Old Guy

Yep, Caswell's is great. I've purchased several firearms from them. An "Edge" membership allows you one firearm purchase per year at dealer's cost.

Another good guy to deal with is Steve at S&S Firearms on Priest Dr in Tempe. The store is a little hard to find, and it doesn't look like a store of any kind from the outside. But it's worth a visit.

Finally, the good folks at Pistol Parlor on Southern in Mesa are great to deal with. They have a tiny store that's filled to the rafters with stuff. FWIW, they're the only "official" (as in listed on the manufacturer's website) FNH dealer in town. I bought my FNP-45 from them and was happy with the price, the service and, of course, the gun.