Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 04-29-2008, 20:27   #1
isuzu

Another Aircraft Carrier Sent to the Persian Gulf

The CBS Evening News said today that another US aircraft carrier has been deployed to the Persian Gulf. It said the deployment had to do something with Iran.

Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 21:34   #2
jerrytrini

Persian Gulf

Seven months of heat. Sometimes wearing gas mask for 8 hours straight no water no food and soaked in sweat. No thank you, I have done my time in hell.
jerrytrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:20   #3
wtf jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrytrini View Post
Seven months of heat. Sometimes wearing gas mask for 8 hours straight no water no food and soaked in sweat. No thank you, I have done my time in hell.
Choose your rate, choose your fate! How many major (six or more months) deployments have you done?
wtf jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:46   #4
Allegra

Kailan kaya natin mababasa ang headline -

" the Philippines sends one of it's aircraft carriers....."
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:50   #5
chowchow

They will up the anti against Iran before the year ends to distract us from a failing-falling economy.
chowchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:04   #6
wtf jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowchow View Post
They will up the anti against Iran before the year ends to distract us from a failing-falling economy.
LOL! You mean you haven't heard of the real reason why the US goes to war? Where else can you test weapons systems to the limit? How else can you produce battle-hardened troops? What is the best way of weeding out ineffecient commanders and procedures? Just kidding.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:02   #7
wtf jack

Below is a Russian's point of view of why the US went to war against Iraq:

http://globalresearch.ca/articles/SLI303A.html

[Khokhlov] Vladimir Ivanovich, so much has already been said about the reasons and causes of the new war in Iraq, but I cannot get rid of the feeling that they are either talking about something entirely different, or not telling the full story...

[Slipchenko] The main purpose of the war is indeed being left out of the picture and nobody is saying anything about it. I see the main purpose of the war as being the large-scale real-life testing by the United States of sophisticated models of precision weapons. That is the objective that they place first All the other aims are either incidental, or outright disinformation.

For more than 10 years now the United States has conducted exclusively no-contact wars. In May 2001 George Bush Jr., delivering his first presidential speech to students at the Naval Academy in Annapolis, spoke of the need for accelerated preparation of the US Armed Forces for future wars. He emphasized that they should be high-tech Armed Forces capable of conducting hostilities throughout the world by the no-contact method. This task is now being carried out very consistently.

It should be observed that the Pentagon buys from the military-industrial complex only those weapons that have been tested in conditions of real warfare and received a certificate of quality on the battlefield. After a series of live experiments -- the wars in Iraq, Yugoslavia, and Afghanistan -- many corporations in the US military-industrial complex have been granted the right to sell their precision weapons to the Pentagon. They include Martin Lockheed, General Electric, and Loral. But many other well-known companies are as yet without orders from the military department. The bottom line is $50-60 billion a year. Who would want to miss out on that kind of money? But the present suppliers of precision weapons to the Pentagon are also constantly developing new types of arms and they must also be tested The US military-industrial complex demands testbed wars from its country's political leadership. And it gets them.

And that is the main aim of the new war in Iraq.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:22   #8
Vic777

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowchow View Post
It's always about you, is it?
Old 04-30-2008, 17:10   #9
gen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtf jack View Post
LOL! You mean you haven't heard of the real reason why the US goes to war? Where else can you test weapons systems to the limit? How else can you produce battle-hardened troops? What is the best way of weeding out ineffecient commanders and procedures? Just kidding.
It would be "stretching" it to say that the US goes to war just to keep its armed forces in tip-top shape, but it is good military sense for an armed forces to go to a small war at least every decade so it would always have veteran noncoms and officers in its rosters.

says so in my handbook for armchair generals
gen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 18:11   #10
jerrytrini

Quote:
Choose your rate, choose your fate! How many major (six or more months) deployments have you done?
5 WestPacs, 3 MedCruises, 1 Atlantic Cruise and 1 Persian Gulf. How many did you do?
Old 04-30-2008, 19:06   #11
wtf jack

4 WestPacs, 2 Around-the-Horns, 1 MedCruise. I am baby compared to you.

Longest underway with no liberty was a back-to-back beer day, cold beer served with Cuban cigars while the ship was in the IO.

Talking about hot, spent a lot of time watching fires down the hole. Choose your rate, choose your fate.

Last edited by wtf jack; 04-30-2008 at 19:12..
Old 04-30-2008, 19:28   #12
jerrytrini

Quote:
4 WestPacs, 2 Around-the-Horns, 1 MedCruise. I am baby compared to you.

Longest underway with no liberty was a back-to-back beer day, cold beer served with Cuban cigars while the ship was in the IO.

Talking about hot, spent a lot of time watching fires down the hole. Choose your rate, choose your fate.
The longest I had was 44 days straight no libo time but had a beer day. The day was hot and so was the beer but we did an all day Steel Beach, no flight ops, no evolution of some sort. All the cooks had the whole day off, everyone else did the cooking.
So you were a Snipe? I was a Box Kicker but a blackshoe nonetheless. Then retired after 20 or so years.
Old 04-30-2008, 19:46   #13
wtf jack

Started off with Connie and the Hawk playing with 1200PSI steam, 600 pounds on the Sac. Winded down with the JFK making LOX. Finished my career teaching kids how to run the O2N2 plant.

Wow, I just summarized 20 years in 3 short sentences. But yup, I represent the gruffest of the snipes - the old BT.
Old 04-30-2008, 22:22   #14
jerrytrini

Quote:
Started off with Connie and the Hawk playing with 1200PSI steam, 600 pounds on the Sac. Winded down with the JFK making LOX. Finished my career teaching kids how to run the O2N2 plant.

Wow, I just summarized 20 years in 3 short sentences. But yup, I represent the gruffest of the snipes - the old BT.
Hotdog!!One of the best Libo buddies I had on the Lady Lex (Pensacola) was a BTC.
Old 05-01-2008, 05:04   #15
wtf jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrytrini View Post
Hotdog!!One of the best Libo buddies I had on the Lady Lex (Pensacola) was a BTC.
And my best buddy is an ADC. Small world indeed.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:13   #16
Eye Cutter

oist! kayong mga oldies, no text speak allowed here! hahaha!

wtf jack: "wer na u?"
jt: "hir na me"

Quote:

the connie's the constellation? the Hawk's Kittyhawk? what's a lox, a snipe and a black shoe???
hahaha!
Old 05-01-2008, 07:26   #17
wtf jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye Cutter View Post
oist! kayong mga oldies, no text speak allowed here! hahaha!

wtf jack: "wer na u?"
jt: "hir na me"

[/I]

the connie's the constellation? the Hawk's Kittyhawk? what's a lox, a snipe and a black shoe???
hahaha!
LOL! Not text speak but usual sailor talk.

LOX - liquid oxygen
O2N2 plant - Cryogenic plant used to produce liquid oxygen and liquid nitrogen, with the LOX used by pilots to breathe while in flight. Aricraft carriers have these onboard.
snipe - crew member operating main propulsion machinery such as boilers, steam and gas turbines.
black shoe - somebody who is not a brown shoe.
brown shoe - somebody working in the flight deck such as jet engine mechanics, to include air crew and pilots.

Last edited by wtf jack; 05-01-2008 at 07:28..
Old 05-01-2008, 07:34   #18
Eye Cutter

so when are you and jt coming over back here in the PI so we can hear ya'll trade war stories and drink & eat out at capt barbel's and darna's place???

si jt, gusto karaoke, napunta kami sa favorite place ni gundog and ppts! wahahaha! iba ang kinakaraoke!
Old 05-01-2008, 07:43   #19
wtf jack

That would be fun! I'll ask Dr. J. Inciong to come along (you probably know him). He is a funny guy to be with.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:58   #20
chowchow

Free Havana Cigars ba sa Ascension Island?
chowchow is offline   Reply With Quote