Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:35   #1
cassandra

secret to clear photos

I got a Canon 7mp camera a couple years ago and have been disappointed that the pictures are not very clear, even in bright daylight. I've set it on the largest format, extra fine, thinking I would get those ultra detailed photos like I've seen that others have taken..what's the secret? I can't believe I always have to use a tripod.

Is this where Image Stabilization helps? I don't have that feature obviously.
cassandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:09   #2
hwyhobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandra View Post
I got a Canon 7mp camera a couple years ago and have been disappointed that the pictures are not very clear, even in bright daylight.
Can you post an example (or a URL to one) with EXIF record intact? It might help to figure out what is happening.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by hwyhobo; 05-02-2008 at 20:15.. Reason: spelling
hwyhobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 18:10   #3
havensal
CLM Number 216
Nozzle Jockey

What camera?

I have an A630.

I keep the ISO on it's lowest setting, 100, always. This keeps the sensor noise to a minimum.

I generally use Tv and a pretty fast speed. That helps eliminate blurring from camera shake.

If I am worried about the depth of focus, I use Av and a larger F number (smaller aperture). This increases the depth of focus. This helps if the point of focus is off just a bit. P&S don't have the best auto focus.

I hope this helps.
RTN Bodyguard Club #034 "FearMyLaserLytes"
havensal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 18:37   #4
JimBianchi
CLM Number 25
Da Da

Fast shutter speed, steady hand, clear lens, stationary subject.

(Your camera should indicate auto focus lock with either a green light or a beep and it should be exposed correctly)

With those four things, if your photos still aren't crisp and clear, you might have a dirty sensor or a bad camera.

Where do you live? I can find you an authorized repair center in your city or I can go to

https://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/c...1&modelid=9449

and fill out the online repair form and they will give you all the info you need to get it fixed.

Good luck.
SAF

The scariest words in the English language: I'm from the government and I'm here to help! President Ronald Reagan
JimBianchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 20:13   #5
G26man
OBEY ME!

You say you have to use a tripod. Does that truely make yur pictures noticeably clearer? If so your problem is shutter speed related. Are you using the auto function or one of the priority modes?

Also some cameras just generally do not have good optics and will never take very clear photos (this is especially prevalent with low/mid cost high power zoom lenses), but this wouldn't be helped by a tripod.
The combustion of fuel being necessary for heating and cooking in the home, the right of the people to keep fire extinguishers shall not be infringed. - Alternate structural interpretation of the 2A (to protect the people from the state militia).
G26man is offline   Reply With Quote