Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-08-2008, 20:22   #1
45gunner

Glipsc 5-08-08

Tonights match was five paper and two steel target shot behind a barricade. The first and second string was shot free style and the last strong hand. Total round count was 32.

Shooter Hit factor
Marvin S. 5.007 Sti-2011
Dean F. 3.407 G-35
John W. 3.374 Sti-2011
Greg H. 3.194 Sti-2011
David M. 2.338 1911-45

David M was shooting with a 45 single stack. So he actually did a lot better than his score indicated. Everyone else had hi cap mags.

We missed Treehuggin and Jack.

I want to thank everyone for letting me leave a little early and helping clean up.

Last edited by 45gunner; 05-08-2008 at 20:37..
45gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 22:47   #2
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Send a message via AIM to domzilla9 Send a message via Yahoo to domzilla9
45gunner, it must be hard for an IDPA guy like yourself to abide that curved IPSC scoring.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:46   #3
45gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by domzilla9 View Post
45gunner, it must be hard for an IDPA guy like yourself to abide that curved IPSC scoring.
It's getting harder and harder to hang with the IPSC guys. I may just turn IDPA all the way.

I got rid of my nickel plated sissy pistol and shot the match with my Glock.
Old 05-12-2008, 17:48   #4
bimmerboy

Gunner is on to something. It seems much less intimidating to shoot IDPA than USPSA even in production class. I'm fairly sure I could get my wife to shoot IDPA indoors or out. But if she saw some of you guys shoot on Tuesdays with multiple mag changes and that kind of speed, I'm sure she'll shy away. I wish I coaxed her into the last SCCC IDPA match as the stages were very straight forward with only a couple needing mag changes.
bimmerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 20:34   #5
45gunner

I think that's why TreeHuggin likes it so much. No hi speed anything. I believe she says it like dancing in a ballet.
Old 05-12-2008, 21:59   #6
TreehugginGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45gunner View Post
I think that's why TreeHuggin likes it so much. No hi speed anything. I believe she says it like dancing in a ballet.
It's more structured as to how you must shoot it like a choreographed dance, yes, and fewer targets thus far fewer round counts per stage. Great place to start with moving competition. Also, most of the IDPA shooters I've met around the country are wonderful folks and are very encouraging of the lady shooters.

If she would like to just get her feet wet, perhaps she would be better off going to the Thursday night GLIPSC indoor match at Bluegrass Indoor Range. We occasionally set up an IDPA-style match for some variety. Since I'm a female, too, and have been shooting IDPA for over a year, I would be happy to design a stage and help show her the ropes if she can let me know that she will be there for one of our Thursday night shoots.

Of course if she's not comfortable with moving competition yet, I highly recommend indoor GSSF matches. That's really where I started out. No draw and firing needed. Less gear and you don't move. You just shoot targets at varying distances for a certain number of times within an alotted amount of time. Great place to start to build up confidence and work on accuracy. OpenRange in Crestwood hosts several each year but just wound down their Winter set (3 matches, 1 each month, must shoot 2 out of the 3 to qualify for the random gun drawing, your best 2 month's scores are averaged to get your overall score for final results and prizes). GLIPSC also sets up some GSSF stuff too and even IPSC stuff, so you never know what you'll get on Thursday night. That's what makes it fun. Heck, we even had a Zombie shoot once with dry ice and low lights. Now, that was a hoot.

Last edited by TreehugginGlock; 05-12-2008 at 22:01..
TreehugginGlock is offline   Reply With Quote