SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-16-2008, 07:22   #1
MERCMADE
BULLET PROOF

Send a message via Yahoo to MERCMADE
Have you ever seen someone with an agimat shot?

I was going through some old pictures and stumbled upon these, i took this picture some time during my residency a couple of years ago. I have permission from the patient to use these pics on the condition that i do not give out personal details.
This guy was shot with a 12 gauge shotgun( not a sumpak) close range, wearing nothing but a shirt. None of the buck shot went in, they just left nastly little welts on his skin, believe it or not. When I jokingly asked him if he had an agimat, he just smiled.
Of course a lot will argue that maybe he was shot with defective or weak ammo, but like i said, believe it or not.Also I'm not saying I believe he does have an agimat, but it does make me think sometimes ( it makes me think sana meron ako ,he he).
Anyone with a similar experience or story?

Band of Glockers
Band of Glockers
Band of Glockers
Old 05-16-2008, 11:03   #2
saki1611
BOG's #1611

in early 90's when Camp Bagong Diwa was then Camp Ricardo Papa in bicutan taguig, there was a room there like a little museum of Gen. Papa. one of the highlights there was the memorabilia of Nardong Putik, there was a clipping from a newspaper with picture of Nardong Putik being interrogated and showing his polo with bullet holes and he was unharmed. the polo was even there inside the glass cabinet.
Old 05-16-2008, 19:45   #3
Allegra

Meron dito samin, I wont mention the name coz he's a politician now
So many gunfights where he was outnumbered
Di raw tinatablan ng bala
My mom couldnt resist asking him about his agimat
He just laughed and said tsismis lang daw ng mga taga bundok yun
My take is he himself just spred the rumors to intimidate
Plus the fact the guy is one ferocious mo...errr person

Mercmade,
My wothless Opinion dun sa pics , kalpot or maybe reload yung bala ng shotgun
I had similar looking woumd from a 40 that ricochet off a car tire
But who knows
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:12   #4
bertud ng putik

yung dating mayor ng kawit cavite ay balitang may anting anting din, tuwing good friday around 11pm ay malimit syang magpa baril sa mga tao niya to test kung gumana yung kanyang bertud. so far wala pa ring mintis ang anting nya.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:37   #5
cznayr
Dis-member

Send a message via Yahoo to cznayr
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertud ng putik View Post
yung dating mayor ng kawit cavite ay balitang may anting anting din, tuwing good friday around 11pm ay malimit syang magpa baril sa mga tao niya to test kung gumana yung kanyang bertud. so far wala pa ring mintis ang anting nya.
yeah, the only thing that missed were his body guards
Old 05-17-2008, 04:17   #6
Douglas in CT

I did a google search on "agimat" and came up with the wikipedia link. However, I've been told never to trust wikipedia as a "source". Would anyone care to comment/verify/expand on what is presented below?

Thank you.

Regards,
Douglas in CT
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Agimat or bertud or anting-anting, is a Filipino word for amulet or charm.[1]

Although stereotyped as a cross, a flat, round or triangular golden pendant accompanying a necklace or a necklace-like item, it is also depicted as an enchanted stone that came from the sky or from the heart of a banana tree. In relation to the latter, it is usually ingested.

A small book of magic incantations must be read during Good Friday or a certain special date to attain the amulet's full power and benefit.

An agimat could also be in the form of a clothing with magic words printed on it, or even in the form of edible enchanted mud.[citation needed]

Most of the amulets bear Latin inscriptions into it, and most of the places these Agimat used to be sold are in the churches courtyard or in the market near the church, like in Quiapo district in Manila.

In Filipino films, the wearer of the agimat gains superhuman strength, heightened senses, self-healing and elemental powers. That it, the person is able to shoot or fire lightning via hands, or generate electricity throughout one's body. The person can also perform telekinesis , stop a live bullet, can have premonitions, morphing abilities, camouflage abilities like a chameleon, can have extreme good luck, or invincibility.

In his Filipino films, the actor Ramon Revilla was depicted to have protection from bullets and slash wounds.[citation needed] Former Philippine-President Ferdinand Marcos, was given an anting-anting by Gregorio Aglipay that could make Marcos invisible.[2]

In reality, the closest ability one can gain from an agimat is to have a sense that one's fortune has improved in day to day life or gambling.

Also, the agimat has been featured in one of Lola Basyang's stories, starring a cowardly man who thinks that his love rival has an enchanted agimat that gives him incredible bravery. The man is courting a woman, so he summons a wise man. The coward is instructed but he is purely afraid, so he never gets the agimat.
Douglas in CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 06:44   #7
brawnless

Amulet is spot on.

Most "characteristics" of amulets here are protection from evil elements, weapons (bullets, knives, ...), hex, etc.
brawnless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 06:55   #8
glockiz

Send a message via Yahoo to glockiz
i have a friend way back high school days, he was with a rebel group clashing with other rebel groups, tinamaan sya ng dalawang 5.56 sa likod. the wounds are similar with the pic posted above, parang sinunog ng sigarilyo. well, its my personal accounts of incidents regarding agimat.
glockiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 07:40   #9
saki1611
BOG's #1611

based on facts cal .45 was designed for the moros because the american soldiers reported that they cannot make their enemies down. how's that?
Old 05-17-2008, 08:45   #10
ahtsay

That shotgun must have had a pretty good choke to get a grouping that small Point blank shot tapos ganun lang? Wow!
ahtsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:33   #11
bertud ng putik

ang totoong agimat daw ay yung galing kalikasan gaya ng bunga daw ng niyog na may tatlong mata sa tumbong. ewan ko kung totoo... pero yung mga agimat na tansong kwintas na nabibili sa baclaran or quiapo ay hindi totoo kahit na may dasal na libreta pa ito na salitang latin. kung ang isang tao ay may taglay nito, hindi ito basta basta mamamatay hanggat hindi naisasalin. kalimitan ito ay isang itim or puting bato na isinasalin sa pag luwa.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:00   #12
bikethief
itchy trigger

I have agimat too! It's called kevlar.

I saw a TV feature once on this group in the Visayas who regularly converge to test their new agimats and to sell versions of it to new "Agimat Club" members. It was bordering on comedy the way they would test these amulets. The leader (who claims invisibilty but only to persons with evil intent) was explaining that his agimat didn't make him bulletproof but it redirected bullets when fired at him. He then proceeded to hang the said amulet on a tree branch and started shooting at it. Predictably, he did not hit it and he said he felt some sort of magnetism pulling the gun away from point of aim. When a cameraman volunteered to try shooting at it, he simply said we should not tempt his demons. Just to be sure, pls. don't stand next to this guy during a firefight.

I'm not discounting other people's beliefs but the only pieces of metal I trust to protect me from harm are hollowpoints coming from my own barrel!

- bikethief
bikethief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 17:33   #13
edtf

Do you guys remember the news clip of the Police serving an arrest warrant for a member of the Tadtad group. That was one of the most awesome clips I have seen. The Tadtad members attacking the Police and paramilitary with 24in bolos and the police was left with no other option but to shoot them. You could see them being hit with 5.56 hits and it looked like the police and paramilitary guys were also scared so this guy with a garand fired at a tadtad member on the ground and his head went up around 5" due to bullet impact. I guess their ating atings weren't that effective
edtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 19:42   #14
brawnless

There was a station before (ABS-CBN?) who invited people to "test" their amulets on nationwide tv.

A dummy / log / target was set and amulet placed as desired. Prayers / chants invoked as necessary.

Shooter with pistol a couple of meters away waiting for the go signal.

The results were shocking ...

... for the amulet owners.
brawnless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:12   #15
kerwin

No agimat worked here sir!

(Video of tadtad attack embed deleted by Mod...)

oops... my bad. Sorry Boss man Horge.

Full video of the scene can still be watched in you tube though... video of full media coverage ( including the result of 5.56 mm bullet on human flesh was last seen in o**ish.com a couple of yrs ago. )

kerwin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by kerwin; 05-19-2008 at 16:19..
kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:24   #16
bulm540

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtf View Post
Do you guys remember the news clip of the Police serving an arrest warrant for a member of the Tadtad group. That was one of the most awesome clips I have seen. The Tadtad members attacking the Police and paramilitary with 24in bolos and the police was left with no other option but to shoot them. You could see them being hit with 5.56 hits and it looked like the police and paramilitary guys were also scared so this guy with a garand fired at a tadtad member on the ground and his head went up around 5" due to bullet impact. I guess their ating atings weren't that effective
Distance is your friend. Were thay scared? I would be too. Great shots on moving targets.
Old 05-18-2008, 17:00   #17
gen1

Quote:
Originally Posted by saki1611 View Post
based on facts cal .45 was designed for the moros because the american soldiers reported that they cannot make their enemies down. how's that?
the bamboo body armor worn by the natives were quite effective against the 38s
gen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 19:12   #18
edtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulm540 View Post
Distance is your friend. Were thay scared? I would be too. Great shots on moving targets.
You BET you could see them - they were pretty tense. There were around 3-4 guys rushing them from 20m and closing in. The guy fired full auto and it was like a delayed reaction - they tumbled over a few seconds after the burst. Very very different from the movies
Old 05-18-2008, 23:10   #19
Clusterbomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtf View Post
Awesome video!

The scene I remember is the one with the big, fat guy who wore a wide hat and was smoking a cigarrette cooly has he held a long, slender bolo. He had his back to the side of a hut and from the garbled audio, you can make out that he was being asked to surrender.

Then the video camera zooms out to show that he was some distance away. Then he charged in the direction of the camera. As he ran, he was swinging the bolo left and right in front of his legs. He probably thought he should protect his legs to be able to reach the policemen within hacking range.

As he charged, the frantic voices of the policemen and the CAFGUs could be heard. They must have been shooting wildly- there was a lot of dust being kicked up by shots hitting the ground.

Then all of a sudden, the charging man drops face down to the ground- like a limp doll. Patay!

Has anyone been able to find a copy of this video in the Net?
Clusterbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 02:54   #20
edtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clusterbomb View Post
Awesome video!

The scene I remember is the one with the big, fat guy who wore a wide hat and was smoking a cigarrette cooly has he held a long, slender bolo. He had his back to the side of a hut and from the garbled audio, you can make out that he was being asked to surrender.

Then the video camera zooms out to show that he was some distance away. Then he charged in the direction of the camera. As he ran, he was swinging the bolo left and right in front of his legs. He probably thought he should protect his legs to be able to reach the policemen within hacking range.

As he charged, the frantic voices of the policemen and the CAFGUs could be heard. They must have been shooting wildly- there was a lot of dust being kicked up by shots hitting the ground.

Then all of a sudden, the charging man drops face down to the ground- like a limp doll. Patay!

Has anyone been able to find a copy of this video in the Net?
I wonder what the video man and reporter were thinking when they saw SHTH