GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2009, 20:48   #1
Mrs. VR
Administrator
 
Mrs. VR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: On the way to crazy
Posts: 88,987


Well, here we go...

our daughter turns 11 on the 28th. We went to the local Rainbow assembly tonight and she wants to join. She'll probably be initiated at Grand Assembly. This is also the 20th anniversary of my sessions as GWA, so it's kind of double cool.

It turns out the Mother Advisor is basically the entire advisory board, so I suppose I'll be joining the board.

It's funny, I never really thought I'd get involved again, and I'm going to TRY not to get tied up at the state level, at least not if/until Emily becomes a grand officer, because it's just so darn time consuming.

At the same time, it was fun tonight. The girls are having a state ritual competition on Saturday, and I helped them practice. I couldn't believe how much came right back to me.

Just wanted to share.
__________________

90/9/1

Mrs. VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 21:58   #2
zoyter2
Yeah, so what?
 
zoyter2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Anniston, Alabama
Posts: 11,669


Good for her! (and good for Mom)

Every branch of Masonry needs all the good people we can get!
__________________
Sorry, Okie. I tried, I really did. There are just too many idiots for whom I have little patience. You were a better man than I.
zoyter2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:29   #3
deputy tom
Senior Member
 
deputy tom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: western PA
Posts: 8,210
That's great news.Congrats to both of you Ladies.tom.
__________________
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER

SPES MEA IN DEO EST

Thig crioch air an t-saoghal ach mairidh gaol agus cel The world will come to an end but music and love will endure
deputy tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 17:14   #4
Batesmotel
Senior Member
 
Batesmotel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 76 Totters Ln. London
Posts: 13,383
Congrats, I think you will have a great time together.
__________________
It's smaller on the outside.
Batesmotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 15:15   #5
Mrs. VR
Administrator
 
Mrs. VR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: On the way to crazy
Posts: 88,987


Quote:
Originally Posted by Batesmotel View Post
Congrats, I think you will have a great time together.
Thanks! I know it'll be fun, I just don't know if i have the stamina my dad did in dragging me all over the country for stuff.
__________________

90/9/1

Mrs. VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 15:53   #6
jetboatdriver
CLM Number 47
Charter Lifetime Member
 
jetboatdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 506


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. VR View Post
our daughter turns 11 on the 28th. We went to the local Rainbow assembly tonight and she wants to join. She'll probably be initiated at Grand Assembly. This is also the 20th anniversary of my sessions as GWA, so it's kind of double cool.

It turns out the Mother Advisor is basically the entire advisory board, so I suppose I'll be joining the board.

It's funny, I never really thought I'd get involved again, and I'm going to TRY not to get tied up at the state level, at least not if/until Emily becomes a grand officer, because it's just so darn time consuming.

At the same time, it was fun tonight. The girls are having a state ritual competition on Saturday, and I helped them practice. I couldn't believe how much came right back to me.

Just wanted to share.
AWESOME!!!!! went to Rainbow Mid Year State Meeting last weekend in Fort Worth they initiated about 15 girls. Congratulations!!!
__________________
Lone Star Glockers #3036 - Big Dawgs # 1903 - SW Solstice Club - Nat'l Assoc Solstice/Sky Owners
Panther City #1183, AF&AM Cooke-Peavy 1162 AF&AM Worth Commandery #19 -Texas Chapter 362-Council 321-Trinity York Rite College-Fort Worth SR - Moslah Shrine;Tranquility Lodge #2000
jetboatdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:42   #7
bassman-dan
NRA Lifer
 
bassman-dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Quagmire, Louisiana
Posts: 1,305


Wonderful! Emily is most fortunate to have such an experienced guide.
Enjoy your travels!
bassman-dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 23:19   #8
Harley Rider 1955
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboatdriver View Post
AWESOME!!!!! went to Rainbow Mid Year State Meeting last weekend in Fort Worth they initiated about 15 girls. Congratulations!!!
I would like to see an initiation some time. I was very active in Leonard Cotten Chapter, Order of DeMolay in the mid-cities area when I was young.
I'm now a Past Master of Smithfield Lodge #455.
Harley Rider 1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:02   #9
Mrs. VR
Administrator
 
Mrs. VR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: On the way to crazy
Posts: 88,987


Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Rider 1955 View Post
I would like to see an initiation some time. I was very active in Leonard Cotten Chapter, Order of DeMolay in the mid-cities area when I was young.
I'm now a Past Master of Smithfield Lodge #455.
That's great, both my brothers were in DeMolay, and one was Jurisdictional Master Councilor of DC. This was eons ago.

JBD- I'm really glad to hear that. Membership was failing when *I* was a Rainbow Girl, and it's been twenty years since then! I did find out this week that one of our more rural assemblies has thirty members now! I was shocked, I don't think we had any that big in our heyday!
__________________

90/9/1

Mrs. VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:40   #10
jetboatdriver
CLM Number 47
Charter Lifetime Member
 
jetboatdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 506


Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley Rider 1955 View Post
I would like to see an initiation some time. I was very active in Leonard Cotten Chapter, Order of DeMolay in the mid-cities area when I was young.
I'm now a Past Master of Smithfield Lodge #455.
Darnit wish I had seen this earlier Arlington did one last week
__________________
Lone Star Glockers #3036 - Big Dawgs # 1903 - SW Solstice Club - Nat'l Assoc Solstice/Sky Owners
Panther City #1183, AF&AM Cooke-Peavy 1162 AF&AM Worth Commandery #19 -Texas Chapter 362-Council 321-Trinity York Rite College-Fort Worth SR - Moslah Shrine;Tranquility Lodge #2000
jetboatdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 11:42   #11
jetboatdriver
CLM Number 47
Charter Lifetime Member
 
jetboatdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 506


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. VR View Post
That's great, both my brothers were in DeMolay, and one was Jurisdictional Master Councilor of DC. This was eons ago.

JBD- I'm really glad to hear that. Membership was failing when *I* was a Rainbow Girl, and it's been twenty years since then! I did find out this week that one of our more rural assemblies has thirty members now! I was shocked, I don't think we had any that big in our heyday!
It is not nearly as big as it once was, too many distractions for kids these days. It is a powerful force in shaping children and raising strong people and good leaders. Your daughter is VERY fortunate to have you!!
__________________
Lone Star Glockers #3036 - Big Dawgs # 1903 - SW Solstice Club - Nat'l Assoc Solstice/Sky Owners
Panther City #1183, AF&AM Cooke-Peavy 1162 AF&AM Worth Commandery #19 -Texas Chapter 362-Council 321-Trinity York Rite College-Fort Worth SR - Moslah Shrine;Tranquility Lodge #2000
jetboatdriver is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:33.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 559
136 Members
423 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31