Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:12   #1
mc_oliver

Php2K for your 40GB drive!

Yes, you read that right. I'll buy your 40GB drive for P2K for as long as it matches the EXACT specs I'm looking for. It doesn't matter if mey "katok" na for as long as the BIOS can still see it perfectly.

THE HARD DRIVE
The the drive I'm looking for is a Seagate ST340014A - 40GB drive.
Band of Glockers

THE CIRCUIT BOARD
There are two flavors (that know) of this drive. The difference is in the circuit board. The more common (and newer) version has a smaller board. I'm looking for the older one in the pic below. The red border shows the board. The board HAS TO BE AN EXACT MATCH.
Band of Glockers

Months ago, a catastrophic power supply failure fried my three hard drives full of pictures (and the rest of my CPU, too.) I've managed to revive two. And I've searched everywhere for a similar model to no avail.

Help me recover this drive and the memories stored in it. PM me if you think your drive matches mine and send me a sample picture of the board.

Thank you.
me :) ***
mc_oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 03:32   #2
cebupistol

Hey i got a lot of those disks but unfortunately i am in cebu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_oliver View Post
Yes, you read that right. I'll buy your 40GB drive for P2K for as long as it matches the EXACT specs I'm looking for. It doesn't matter if mey "katok" na for as long as the BIOS can still see it perfectly.

THE HARD DRIVE
The the drive I'm looking for is a Seagate ST340014A - 40GB drive.
Band of Glockers

THE CIRCUIT BOARD
There are two flavors (that know) of this drive. The difference is in the circuit board. The more common (and newer) version has a smaller board. I'm looking for the older one in the pic below. The red border shows the board. The board HAS TO BE AN EXACT MATCH.
Band of Glockers

Months ago, a catastrophic power supply failure fried my three hard drives full of pictures (and the rest of my CPU, too.) I've managed to revive two. And I've searched everywhere for a similar model to no avail.

Help me recover this drive and the memories stored in it. PM me if you think your drive matches mine and send me a sample picture of the board.

Thank you.
cebupistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:23   #3
mc_oliver

Sure pards? Even the boards are the exact match?

If you can email me a sample pic at osoliva@yahoo.com. Kung match I'll deposit sa acct mo yung 2K plus shipping for LBC. Thanks.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:22   #4
brawnless

Quote:

Thank you.
off topic sir,

how did you manage to revive the hard disks?

thanks,

brawnless
brawnless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 09:32   #5
mc_oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by brawnless View Post
off topic sir,

how did you manage to revive the hard disks?

thanks,

brawnless
Only the electronics were fried. The platters were still intact. So it's only a matter of transplanting an exact working board to get the drive spinning up again.
Old 05-23-2008, 06:40   #6
s0nny_g17

i have the same model but the board doesnt look the same. il check my other hardisk tom kung parehas jan sa iyo
s0nny_g17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:44   #7
chilipowder

newer

i guess i also got the newer board.

[IMG]Band of Glockers[/IMG]

i think got a couple more older ones i havent checked yet back in my ofc...having hit the weekend, best bet i get to check is next week...hopefully stuff are still there...will let you know, sir...

really sucks when you tend to lose precious files...really hoping you recover everything...
B.O.G. #27
chilipowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 10:35   #8
mc_oliver

Yeah, the newer, smaller boards are easier to find. Good thing the two other drives have the new boards.

Appreciate all the help guys.
Old 05-23-2008, 19:51   #9
cebupistol

i'll send you the pics on monday

Quote:
Sure pards? Even the boards are the exact match?

If you can email me a sample pic at osoliva@yahoo.com. Kung match I'll deposit sa acct mo yung 2K plus shipping for LBC. Thanks.
cebupistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 14:00   #10
mc_oliver

Thanks pards. Appreciate it.
Old 05-24-2008, 21:40   #11
New_comer

Maraming mura na 40GB sa Gilmore ngayon, around 900 lang. I guess you still can check if they're an exact match to your unit

New_comer
BoG's #38
H&K Club #38

"We like to talk about (or be told about) Democracy but, when put to the test, usually find it to be an 'inconvenience.' We have opted instead for an authoritarian system *disguised* as a Democracy. We pay through the nose for an enormous joke-of-a-government, let it push us around, and then wonder how all those *******s got in there."
- Frank Zappa
New_comer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 15:08   #12
mc_oliver

I already checked. Ini-isa isa ko na yung shop dun and sa market-market. Baka puntahan ko ghills one of these days.