Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-07-2008, 15:02   #1
ChessMan
BRUT 4CE

Talk to me about Omega Seamaster Chrono

It's About Time

I've absolutely loved the Omega Seamaster Chrono "Bond" style (model # 2225.80.00) ever since I laid eyes on it years ago. There's something about the style and look that just does it for me. The skeleton hands, the dark blue dial with wavy lines -- it's so majestic looking to me. After years of drooling, I figure I better press the trigger and get one before I die. I don't dive and I certainly don't "need" a watch like this. But need has nothing to do with it. I just plain want one. And I want it for daily wear. Once I get attached to a watch, it stays on 24/7/365. Yeah, I even wear it during you-know-what. During firearm training too. I don't beat the crap out of them, but then I don't baby them either. I need a watch that I know will last (kind of like Glocks) and I'm hoping the Seamaster is the ticket.

I fondled one at the local jewelry store. Their price was 15% off list, which after 8.5% tax put it at just over $3200 OTD. Oh well, we work hard to enjoy the finer things in life, right?

Yes, I know it's big and heavy. I've never owned a watch this big. And my wrists are on the small side, just 6 1/2". I really want that big chrono version, but if it's just too big for daily wear, I suppose I could get the non-chrono version which is thinner and lighter. I'd really like the chrono though.

I'd be interested to hear any advice or thoughts about this watch, especially from someone who owns (or has owned) one. Is that big chrono going to work daily on my small wrist, or would I be better served with the non-chrono?

Decisions, decisions...
Old 06-07-2008, 15:04   #2
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Bond. James Bond.

Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 18:10   #3
mkriegel
CLM Number 278
Kikka

If you decide to get this watch be aware of this seller.

http://www.bacario.com/Details.asp?ProductID=8299

I don't know how you feel about factory warranties
but for that kind od savings I'd sure think about it.

"Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool that follows him..?" Obi Wan Kenobi
mkriegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 21:00   #4
softailrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessMan View Post
It's About Time

I've absolutely loved the Omega Seamaster Chrono "Bond" style (model # 2225.80.00) ever since I laid eyes on it years ago. There's something about the style and look that just does it for me. The skeleton hands, the dark blue dial with wavy lines -- it's so majestic looking to me. After years of drooling, I figure I better press the trigger and get one before I die. I don't dive and I certainly don't "need" a watch like this. But need has nothing to do with it. I just plain want one. And I want it for daily wear. Once I get attached to a watch, it stays on 24/7/365. Yeah, I even wear it during you-know-what. During firearm training too. I don't beat the crap out of them, but then I don't baby them either. I need a watch that I know will last (kind of like Glocks) and I'm hoping the Seamaster is the ticket.

I fondled one at the local jewelry store. Their price was 15% off list, which after 8.5% tax put it at just over $3200 OTD. Oh well, we work hard to enjoy the finer things in life, right?

Yes, I know it's big and heavy. I've never owned a watch this big. And my wrists are on the small side, just 6 1/2". I really want that big chrono version, but if it's just too big for daily wear, I suppose I could get the non-chrono version which is thinner and lighter. I'd really like the chrono though.

I'd be interested to hear any advice or thoughts about this watch, especially from someone who owns (or has owned) one. Is that big chrono going to work daily on my small wrist, or would I be better served with the non-chrono?

Decisions, decisions...
It's a beautiful watch , no doubt about that . However , I would go with a Rolex Submariner , Blue dial , 18K and stainless . It'll run you about another 1000.00 if you do some shopping . The thing is Omegas have no resale value . I know you're not buying it to sell it but still , to me it's a consideration . At least check out that Rolex . Let me know what you think . Whatever you buy , wear it in the best of health .
softailrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 08:13   #5
BLau

I have the orange Planet Ocean chrono that I bought last summer in Hawaii. I paid $5800 for it and it is a very hefty watch. I'd say that $3200 is a steal! I don't think it's too heavy for me and I am a very small guy. It is the watch that gets the most attention from other people when they see it. I bet you won't be disappointed!
Old 06-08-2008, 15:17   #6
VirginiaLEO83
1*

I've played with it at the local jewerly store as well. I love the feel of the chrono. Part of what makes it so appealing is it's size.
VirginiaLEO83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 20:24   #7
RyanSBHF

I've owned the Bond style Seamaster for years and overall it's my favorite watch. I considered the chronograph version but the thickness turned me away from it.

A Monarch leads a Monarchy.

Hillary Clinton leads a Country.
RyanSBHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 19:45   #8
Liquid

i have the seamaster gmt. i liked the chrono but it was big and more expensive. its a great watch id get another in a heartbeat. check out topper jewelers, they are in CA and are an authorized dealer listed on the omega site (so the serial number is not scratched off). they have great service and good prices. i paid $1,400 when mayors wanted $1,999 back in dec 03, good luck.
Liquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 22:23   #9
ChessMan
BRUT 4CE

Quote:
Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
It's a beautiful watch , no doubt about that . However , I would go with a Rolex Submariner , Blue dial , 18K and stainless . It'll run you about another 1000.00 if you do some shopping . The thing is Omegas have no resale value . I know you're not buying it to sell it but still , to me it's a consideration . At least check out that Rolex . Let me know what you think . Whatever you buy , wear it in the best of health .
Man I wish you hadn't said that! I thought the Rolexes started at several thousand more, but I see you're right -- the Submariner is within 1-2K of the Omega SM Chrono. I like the look of the Submariner SS with black dial. The full-size Yacht-Master SS/Platinum looks killer too. Although the holy grail to me is the Daytona SS with white dial. If I could find one 2-3 G's south of five figures, I'd be all over it. Hmmmm...
Old 06-11-2008, 22:51   #10
.264 magnum
CLM Number 121
Charter Lifetime Member

Omegas hold their values just fine.

If you are really interested in a Rolex check out the Sea Dweller.

Good luck!