Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-07-2008, 17:54   #1
dakrat

osan

anybody stationed at osan? my wife left on the 4th and still havent heard from her. do they get morale calls? how often? Me and my daughter cant wait to hear from her. this is gotta be the longest year evar!!!!!
Old 06-08-2008, 09:06   #2
bluelineman
Infidel كافر

When I went to Korea (Kunsan) it took 1 1/2 days to get there. I used a phone card & a pay phone to call my folks stateside ($$$). I would think that she could either do that or use a DSN line to call you at work.

Where are you stationed?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian?" - Walid Shoebat, former PLO Terrorist
كافر Infidel لقد كان محمد شاذ جنسيا
bluelineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 20:03   #3
Ragnar

Korea isn't a 3rd world country. They actually have phones over there. And computers too. Wow.

That said, last time I went to Korea I left from Seattle early on the 28th and got to Osan late in the afternoon on the 29th. After a little inprocessing I took a 15-hour nap. After that, spent the entire day doing yet more processing. Busy the first 3 days, barely had time to call home at a decent hour.

Remember that Korea is 13 or 14 hours ahead of the States; getting a call to my family at a decent hour usually meant I called at 3 in the morning Korea time.
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 20:09   #4
bluelineman
Infidel كافر

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakrat View Post
anybody stationed at osan? my wife left on the 4th and still havent heard from her. do they get morale calls? how often? Me and my daughter cant wait to hear from her. this is gotta be the longest year evar!!!!!
Did she call yet?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"Why is it that on June 4th 1967 I was a Jordanian and overnight I became a Palestinian?" - Walid Shoebat, former PLO Terrorist
كافر Infidel لقد كان محمد شاذ جنسيا
bluelineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 20:34   #5
deadday

I thought the Air Farce did commandsponsored tours to Osan? Being that far South, I don't see why it would be a problem....I can't help much on the AF aspect of the question, but when the Army sent me to Korea, it took almost 4 days to get to a phone to call my wife...The problem wasn't finding a phone, it was finding a phone that I could figure out how to use 8-) Once she gets settled into her unit, she can buy a cell phone and call you guys whenever she wants, and you can call her whenever you feel like...Also invest in a webcam, it will help your daughter a lot to be able to 'see' mom...Vonage was the way to go when I was there, but last I heard, the Korean gov. had passed legislation banning the use of VOIP servers because they circumvented some Korean taxes...Anything else you need to know, shoot me a PM...Ohh..1000 minute phone cards for the cells were about $60..And tell her to STAY AWAY from Soju...Soju makes your clothes fall off....

drew
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 20:34   #6
deadday

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluelineman View Post
Did she call yet?
If she hasn't call her unit. Or the Red Cross. Or PM me her unit info and I can get you a contact number near her...

drew
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
Old 06-14-2008, 15:58   #7
dakrat

***update***

sorry havent had chance to check back. she did call after she got her phone hooked up. what a relief.. anyways, shes doing well and getting adjusted. we can now talk unlimited for only $30 a month which is making it a lil easy. anyways. I only have one year to enjoy my 2nd amendment since england is next on the map. errr...... not even a pocket knife.... thanks guys for all the info.
Old 06-14-2008, 16:17   #8
deadday

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakrat View Post
sorry havent had chance to check back. she did call after she got her phone hooked up. what a relief.. anyways, shes doing well and getting adjusted. we can now talk unlimited for only $30 a month which is making it a lil easy. anyways. I only have one year to enjoy my 2nd amendment since england is next on the map. errr...... not even a pocket knife.... thanks guys for all the info.
Mildenhall or Lakenheath? You will enjoy the hell out of that tour...Well, let me restate, I enjoyed the hell out of England a couple years back, but that was before the Islamic takeover began..

drew
Old 06-14-2008, 16:32   #9
SevenFifty

Send a message via MSN to SevenFifty
I spent 5 years at Mildenhall, got back Nov 05. Best 5 years I spent in the AF.
Make sure to get out and see everything that England/Europe has to offer.
If you have questions PM me and I'm sure I can help!
SevenFifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 20:37   #10
dakrat

Lakenheath. I just found out, they have a clay range right outside the base. guess the benelli super sport is coming with us .
Old 06-22-2008, 23:27   #11
PavePusher

Contact the Shooting Club and TMO BEFORE you pack your Shotguns or Bolt-action rifles (no semi-autos allowed IIRC). You need to do a bunch of paperwork both before and after you get there, if you live off-base you will need a gun safe that meets British standards. You may be able to store them on-base or at the Club armory, not sure of the details, I can get you contact info for people who know the ropes. One of my friends there (AD) is a competitive shotty-shooter.

I had a great 7 1/2 yrs on two seperate tours. Great step-off point for cheap flights to Europe via Stanstead airport. Don't take large furniture, U.S. spec appliances (washer/dryer/fridge/stove) or large cars. I had a Nissan Pathfinder on tour 1, and a Toyota Tacoma on tour 2, that's as large as I'd recommend. Buy a British spec beater once you get there for daily driving. Take a motorcycle if you have one, used market is good there and you can bring home some Euro exotica when you come back.

Good luck, have fun!!
PavePusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 21:37   #12
dakrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavePusher View Post
Contact the Shooting Club and TMO BEFORE you pack your Shotguns or Bolt-action rifles (no semi-autos allowed IIRC). You need to do a bunch of paperwork both before and after you get there, if you live off-base you will need a gun safe that meets British standards. You may be able to store them on-base or at the Club armory, not sure of the details, I can get you contact info for people who know the ropes. One of my friends there (AD) is a competitive shotty-shooter.

I had a great 7 1/2 yrs on two seperate tours. Great step-off point for cheap flights to Europe via Stanstead airport. Don't take large furniture, U.S. spec appliances (washer/dryer/fridge/stove) or large cars. I had a Nissan Pathfinder on tour 1, and a Toyota Tacoma on tour 2, that's as large as I'd recommend. Buy a British spec beater once you get there for daily driving. Take a motorcycle if you have one, used market is good there and you can bring home some Euro exotica when you come back.

Good luck, have fun!!

thanks. when u said no semi auto, does semi auto shotgun counts? or u just mean semi auto rifles?