SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 06-16-2008, 18:15   #1
choi_tan2000
BoG # 55555

saved by M16

good news for LEOs while 5 cops where wounded col. sintin was saved by his m16 rifle during the gunfight in QC ?

can anybody post a picture of his rifle shown in the news yesterday?

more power to our Police force.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
choi_tan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 18:55   #2
isuzu

Would you be able to post the link of the news?

Thanks!

Samozaryadniy Karabin sistemi Simonova
isuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 18:56   #3
edtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by choi_tan2000 View Post
good news for LEOs while 5 cops where wounded col. sintin was saved by his m16 rifle during the gunfight in QC ?

can anybody post a picture of his rifle shown in the news yesterday?

more power to our Police force.
at least they have evidence that this really was a shootout . Luckily no bystanders were hit not like the one that happened on the Quezon ave ambush :(

Did you notice a trend in QC - once there is a high profile robbery or robbery with homicide or murder just wait for a few weeks and QC police would be killing lots of hoodlums and/or other bad elements. Well I'm not really complaining

Here is the article but doesn't mention about the M16 - from ABS-CBN

2nd UPDATE) Cop, 5 other rob suspects die in QC clash

Six suspected burglars, including a policeman, were killed in a shootout with police in Quezon City Sunday night.

Three of the six armed suspects were identified as Police Officer 1 Lino Acedera of the Manila Police District, allegedly the group's leader; Mauro Lerpido, reportedly a movie stunt man; and Francis Violeta. The armed men were alleged members of an “akyat-bahay” gang that victimizes wealthy families in the city.

Senior Superintendent Magtanggol Gatdula, chief of the Quezon City Police District, said investigators are now checking Acedera’s records after they received information that the policeman was involved in a kidnapping incident before. He did not elaborate.

Authorities recovered three grenades, .45 and .38 pistols, a machine pistol, an M-16 rifle, and an identification card of the Department of the Interior and Local Government following the gunfight along Agno Street.

A hammer, gloves, packaging tape, disposable plastic handcuffs and three containers of gasoline were also seized from them, police said.

Gatdula said the recovery of these pieces of evidence could link the suspects to the gruesome murder of five people at a Talayan Village home, also in Quezon City, last week.

Gatdula said the suspects were also believed to be involved in kidnap-for-ransom and carjacking activities.

Prior to the shootout Sunday, police said residents, who were on alert following recent break-ins, called them after noticing a Honda Jazz and Mitsubishi Galant driving around their area.

When police responded around 9 p.m., a crossfire then ensued between the two sides, resulting in the death of the six alleged burglars.

Gatdula said the five suspects who were driving the Mitsubishi Galant attempted to escape while the lone armed man in the Honda Jazz fired at the authorities.

The Mitsubishi Galant crashed into the police's Mitsubishi Adventure, hurting three members of the city’s Special Weapons and Tactics squad, he added.

Reports said a total of six policemen were rushed to a hospital as a result of the clash. With reports from Doland Castro, ABS-CBN News and radio dzMM

Last edited by edtf; 06-16-2008 at 18:58..
edtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 19:20   #4
Allegra

Idol talaga si Alex
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Allegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 19:40   #5
choi_tan2000
BoG # 55555

sintin

thanks sir allegra for posting,

im searching sana for the vid clip aired in abscbn they showed sir alex sintin's rifle hit by bullet.

http://www.gmanews.tv/largevideo/lat...in-QC-shootout

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by choi_tan2000; 06-16-2008 at 19:42.. Reason: addl link
choi_tan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 20:57   #6
BrassKnuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtf View Post

Did you notice a trend in QC - once there is a high profile robbery or robbery with homicide or murder just wait for a few weeks and QC police would be killing lots of hoodlums and/or other bad elements. Well I'm not really complaining
I'm not complaining either. A good way to reduce the crime rate is to reduce the number of criminals.
BrassKnuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 03:57   #7
jimbullet

As long as these are established criminals, you wont hear me complaining as well.
BOG#125
PNZ#15130
PAASS Badge#3104
jimbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:39   #8
edtf

Guys, I was lucky enough to meet Col Sintin just this morning. I asked him if he was the guy who came out on TV about his M16 being hit. YUP he replied - To cut the story short - he thought his gun jammed - he checked it. there was a hole on the upper receiver and when he looked on the other side - it didn't go through but dented the other side of the receiver. Guess what portion was the receiver covering?!?! COM - heart area - Geeezzzz!!!! I told him Sir hindi mo pa panahon ( It isn't your time yet) he agreed. The guy beside him got hit. It was a 9mm that hit his rifle. The BGs were also firing full auto. I just got goose bumps when he was telling us what happened - for the records the bad guys did fire first and fired a lot!!! Funny thing he had this smile and he said "ok din sabayan yung putok namin". My companion asked him why he didn't wear his vest - well hassle daw - mainit kasi so he gave it to one of his boys to use
Distance of the encounter - 7m
I asked him if he took cover - yup but it was a low wall so he had to stand to clear the wall when the shooting started.
Luckily bad guys didn't have enough time to use the 2 grenades they had.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:43   #9
bulm540

Tell the Col. good shooting!!!!!
Old 06-18-2008, 09:45   #10
Eye Cutter

astig talaga si alex! ang bait pa niyan!
Old 06-18-2008, 09:53   #11
Allegra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eye Cutter View Post
astig talaga si alex! ang bait pa niyan!
hehe he still looks too young to be a colonel
" When I'm eating,that's all I think about / If I'm on the march, I just concentrate on marching / If I have to fight,it will be just as good a day to die as any other / If you can concentrate always on the present,you'll be a happy man "
- the Camel Driver
Old 06-18-2008, 09:59   #12
9MX
Rei!

yep. lufit talaga ni col. sintin. sa bolt ba tumama? puwede niya na isama sa mga trophy niya, nice conversation piece
Old 06-18-2008, 17:07   #13
edtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
hehe he still looks too young to be a colonel
YUP muhang bata nga siya - in fact mukhang seklista nga siya - skinny and fit

Tama ka Doc. Mukhang mabait. Lagi nakangiti. Looks like he treated the boys for lunch. Mabait sa atin malupit sa criminals

Sir 9MX not sure where it hit but luckily it wasn't a rifle round if not lusot daw!

Last edited by edtf; 06-18-2008 at 17:09..
Old 06-18-2008, 18:18   #14
jawel

i dunno if you guys also heard about adonis dumpit from cebu, i also heard a story that he got saved by the delta ring of his m-16 rifle, during an encounter in mactan. when the bg fired a 357 magnum bullet in his direction it hit the delta ring of his rifle when he was aiming it at the bg.

kudos to these kind of officers
jawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 00:10   #15
Chie

Straight from the horse's mouth.

http://www.gmanews.tv/video/24225
Chie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:33   #16
atmarcella

Quote:
he thought his gun jammed - he checked it. there was a hole on the upper receiver and when he looked on the other side - it didn't go through but dented the other side of the receiver
nagamit nya pa rifle nya? or nag pistol na sya?
Old 06-20-2008, 18:41   #17
edtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by atmarcella View Post
nagamit nya pa rifle nya? or nag pistol na sya?
initial volley lang then nagjam. That is one thing I forgot to ask him. If he transitioned to pistol or he just sat it out. Knowing the guy he transitioned to pistol and made sure those guys got pulverized

BTW, his group killed three more robbers 2 nights ago this time Novaliches area. Boy his group is pretty busy ridding QC of scum
Old 06-21-2008, 01:42   #18
atmarcella

galeng!
Old 06-21-2008, 01:49   #19
Allegra

...ano nga ba ulit yun.....ipsc will get you killed?? haha
Itanong nga natin ke Alex
- the Camel Driver
Old 06-21-2008, 01:57   #20
edtf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegra View Post
...ano nga ba ulit yun.....ipsc will get you killed?? haha
Itanong nga natin ke Alex
hahahaha.... isa lang masasabi ko - buo loob ng tao. Pero bakit ganon hindi siya mukhang Col. karamihan ng Coronel kilala ko malaki tiyan

He was nominated for 10 best PNP officers or something like that.

Best wishes for the guy. May he be protected when he goes to harms way and may he keep a straight path.