SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-24-2008, 19:49   #1
Ranger.357
NRA Member

19 yr. old Sniper

I don't know if the story is true, but it came with the pic in an e-mail.

The Lighter Side

On Easter the ex-cheerleader (age 19) in this picture was watching a road that lead to a NATO military base when she observed a man digging by the road. She engaged the target, and she shot him. Turned out he was a bomb maker for the Taliban and he was burying an IED that was to be detonated when a US patrol walked by 30 minutes later. It would have certainly killed and wounded several soldiers.

The interesting fact of this story is the shot was measured at 725 yards. She shot him as he was bent over burying the bomb. The shot struck him in the butt blowing into the bomb which detonated. He was blown to pieces.

The Air Force made a motivational poster of her. Her name is Kimmy.

I had to laugh at the mental pic of a terrorist taking one in the arse while he was busy being evil
is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.
Ranger.357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 20:12   #2
93GT
The Ogre

I would call BS if it was the Marine Corps, but who knows with the Air Force? It seems more intelligent to send soldiers or Marines to sniper or DM schools that already exist instead of sending AF security force females over as combat troops, but maybe I am old-fashioned.
93GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 20:12   #3
93GT
The Ogre

Oh hell I am still calling BS lol. At least half of the story has to be a load of crap.
93GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 21:45   #4
miwall

Snopes.com lists this as a real picture, but a different story.
www.snopes.com/photos/military/cheerleader.asp
read it for yourself.
Old 07-25-2008, 16:54   #5
Aquanewt

Well it makes me all warmand fuzzy thinking about Kimmy giving Ack-Med a one way trip to Paradise
Old 07-25-2008, 17:19   #6
eddief4
Silver Membership

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
R.I.P Angelica Nappi, 14
Mil Surplus club #4 J-frame club #4 Sks club #14 1911club # IV Rimfire club #1414 Browning High Power club #4
SNS club #14 Kalashnikov Klub #1414
He could probably Mexican Carry a Mexican, Mexican Carrying that gun.deadite
eddief4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 17:30   #7
Norman
CLM Number 32
Non nobis

That lucky bastard got an extra virgin!

Cheater.
Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 20:33   #8
vafish

Quote:
Originally Posted by miwall View Post
Snopes.com lists this as a real picture, but a different story.
www.snopes.com/photos/military/cheerleader.asp
read it for yourself.

Did you read the real Air Force caption about her?

She's working on her "close precision engagement skills"
educate children." -- Confucius
vafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 19:47   #9
DriBak
GUNS UP

I don't put anything past the Air farce
Old 07-28-2008, 00:54   #10
glockman66

Here's the actual biography of Polly-Jan Bobseine from the United States Airforce banquet that honored her and others. After you read her bio, I don't think that anyone messes with Polly-Jan Bobseine. Too bad she cannot be a role model for youngsters instead of Britanny Spears and other assorted Hollywood types!

Senior Airman Polly-Jan Bobseine
9th Air Force
823d Security Forces Squadron
Moody AFB, GA

Biography

Senior Airman Polly-Jan Bobseine is a Security Forces Journeyman assigned to the 823d Security Forces Squadron as a Fire Team Member, Moody Air Force Base, Georgia. She is 21 years old. Airman Bobseine was born in Chadwick Bay, New York, on 21 October 1984. She was home schooled and graduated in June 2000. She competed in state and regional High-Power Rifle shooting, achieved New York State’s 2000 Junior Trap Champion title, taught skiing, snowboarding, and lettered in swimming. After graduating high school, Airman Bobseine moved to Wyoming where she was employed as a horse wrangler until relocating to Tennessee to train horses professionally before enlisting in the United States Air Force, leaving in March 2003 for Lackland Air Force Base, Texas for basic training. Upon graduation, she volunteered for a special duty assignment to the 823d Security Forces Squadron, Moody AFB, Georgia, arriving in August 2003. Since serving in the unit, Airman Bobseine has completed Army Airborne Training, Air Force Physical Fitness Leadership School, and Army Combat Lifesaver Training. Airman Bobseine was recently selected as the 2005 Air Combat Command Outstanding Flight Level Airman of the Year. She is an active member of the National Cancer Research Organization and volunteer children’s swimming instructor. Airman Bobseine’s military awards include the Air Force Achievement Medal with two Oak Leaf clusters, Meritorious Unit Award, Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border and Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (Rifle and Pistol). She is currently pursuing her private pilot license and enrolled in Park University, working towards an associates degree in Criminal Justice.

Last edited by glockman66; 07-29-2008 at 17:49..
glockman66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 22:56   #11
miwall

VAfish,
Yeah I read it, but it also said she dispatched a guy burying a IED, but that was not confirmed in the snopes.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:45   #12
deadday

Quote:
Originally Posted by miwall View Post
VAfish,
Yeah I read it, but it also said she dispatched a guy burying a IED, but that was not confirmed in the snopes.

I'll call total BS on it....The picture was a pose I'm sure....75% of the military will never touch that rifle, let alone a female....

drew
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:56   #13
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

Security Forces does have M24s (we have several in the armory, though nobody qual'd at the moment on them) and the 823rd and the 820th are, as SF units go, fairly high speed (more toys and training, high deployment tempo).

While that shot is pretty definitely posed, there are female designated marksmen (not many) as far as I know. And a couple of them could whup any guy, PT-wise, shooting or anything else.

I don't know anyone in the 823rd but I do know a few who are/were recently in the 820th, I'll ask around about her.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 13:52   #14
vafish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMurphy View Post
Security Forces does have M24s (we have several in the armory, though nobody qual'd at the moment on them) and the 823rd and the 820th are, as SF units go, fairly high speed (more toys and training, high deployment tempo).

While that shot is pretty definitely posed, there are female designated marksmen (not many) as far as I know. And a couple of them could whup any guy, PT-wise, shooting or anything else.

I don't know anyone in the 823rd but I do know a few who are/were recently in the 820th, I'll ask around about her.
It's been 20 years since I was in the Army. We had 1 female soldier in our unit that could max the mens PT test. She was a farm girl from Manassas, VA. When I knew her in the late 80's her dad had just installed indoor plumbing in the old family homestead.

Don't know about the young lady in the photo, but there are some exceptional female soldiers (marines, sailors and airmen too) out there.
educate children." -- Confucius
vafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 14:16   #15
ithaca_deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman66 View Post
Here's the actual biography of Polly-Jan Bobseine ... She competed in state and regional High-Power Rifle shooting, achieved New York State’s 2000 Junior Trap Champion title, taught skiing, snowboarding, and lettered in swimming.

I bet she can shoot.
ithaca_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 16:07   #16
major
Rejected member

I used to train police officers for a living. Trust me, there are some highly motivated, extremely capable, intelligent, physical, well-trained women out there who can match up with most guys. I've seen 'em outshoot, out-think, and outmaneuver some very good male officers. There were some that I'd go on any kind of call with, without hesitation.
major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 20:42   #17
MrMurphy
Lifetime Membership

Yup. There's been a few I've served with who are fully capable of doing the exact same job as any guy. Sometimes better.

Some are just decent. Some shouldn't be there "Ammo carriers" is what I call them because in a real fight, all they are is a means of resupply. Don't expect a fight from them.
"And Shepherds we shall be. For thee, my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine Patris, et fili, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen."
MrMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 07:30   #18
jsx1043

Send a message via Yahoo to jsx1043
Either way...

she's hot...she can work my "bolt action" anytime! I'll help her with her "Close Precision Engagement"
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2 - Let the Wookiee win."
jsx1043 is offline   Reply With Quote