Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 07-25-2008, 15:42   #1
wallyglock

need help...! with printer starting up

inherited a hp deskjet 960c printer from a family member about 3 years back.it is not an expensive printer which most of you will agree, but it wasnt used a whole lot and has given good service.....what limited service it has seen.

after having it all this time.......just now replaced the 2 ink cartridges..................... PROBLEM HERE cant get it to print in a normal fashion....... we have " print desktop " on the start menu and i have tested it a couple of times. it will only print a black line of jibberish that is unreadable and do nothing else !

i will admit to triyng to turn on/turn off the printer but i dont really know what to do or how the thing really works. it has 3 buttons on the front of the printer the left one has an x on it and the middle one has a sort of a box figure with a downward arrow, the left one has a symbol....just a circle with an upward line at the top......
NO it doesnt have an owners manual with it. it may be a little out dated but as stated it has always done a decent job.

i simply do not know if there is something on the control panel on the computer i need to reset or one of the buttons i the key to get it going.
it would be great to get it to work ....i cant, $ wise at the moment , afford to replace it. probably try to get a new one maybe next year.

i hope someone out there is familiar with it or has access to a picture of it that might help them help me to get it working. it is shut off at the moment cause when it is on it simply keeps wasting paper with the one line junk i described.

please give me any helpful details and maybe i can get the darn thing working......that would be great !

thanks wally
Old 07-25-2008, 18:10   #2
Sgt. Schultz
Annoying Member

Did you remove the plastic/protective strips from the cartridges?

Owners manual ...

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/m...77146&lang=en&

"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass ... and I'm all out of bubble gum"

Last edited by Sgt. Schultz; 07-25-2008 at 18:13..
Sgt. Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 19:34   #3
wallyglock

thanks for the on line manual..

man ! that thing is hard to read.

did a check thu the start menu and didnt understand all it said, BUT did get enough info to turn the computer off and re-start it

for now ! it is working and it even printed out the color spectrum sheet to give me a reading on the new cartridges.
also....yes ..... i did remember to strip off the tapes in back.

got the cartridges from the super media store someone here in glock talk recommended them for good prices and good service. hop they stay working as good as they are now ...!

thanks again wally