SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 08-03-2008, 20:51   #1
TreehugginGlock

Silver Creek IDPA - First Saturday of the Month

Hi guys and gals,

Just wanted to remind everyone that Silver Creek is still holding our IDPA matches. Sorry we missed most of you this month, but we did have 3 shooters who had a great time thanks to our new Match Director, Bob Dalton, who did an outstanding job his first turn out. (3 stages with movers, etc., intermingled with the classifier stages - total minimum round count was over 140! - translation, lots of fun)

Don't forget to mark your calendars for next month. We hold our matches every first Saturday of the month. Sign up is between 9 and 10 am at the club house. (Help setting up the match is most appreciated.) Shooters meeting is at 10 am and we start shooting by 10:30. Entry fee is $15 for Silver Creek members and $18 for non-Silver Creek members. Per IDPA rules, you may shoot one match without being an IDPA member, afterwards you will need to join IDPA which you can do the day of the match at Silver Creek.

Hope to see you folks out there next month. Remember...it's the first Saturday of the the month. Bring your gear (don't forget your concealment garment), lots of ammo and a great attitude. See you then.
TreehugginGlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:08   #2
Berretta9

3 shooters ????
Berretta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:46   #3
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Send a message via AIM to domzilla9 Send a message via Yahoo to domzilla9
3 shooters?
domzilla9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 14:38   #4
Clyde
Lost in KY

Send a message via Yahoo to Clyde
opps -

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 14:53   #5
TreehugginGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berretta9 View Post
3 shooters ????
Yea, apparently due to the controversy and the hi-jacked website, folks thought we had canceled IDPA all together, but that is absolutely not true. We just didn't, apparently, get the word out good enough this month. We'll try to do better for next month and hopefully we will have a better turn out for September. Too bad for those that missed it. It was a really good match. Bob did a really nice job. He's a really great guy and did it on an injured knee, too. Thanks, Bob.
Old 08-04-2008, 15:15   #6
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

The BOD has all IDPA match materials, including the score sheets from the first two matches that have email addresses for those shooters. If you will ask the new match director to send me a request for a copy of the SCCC-IDPA mailing list I will be happy to supply it to him.

Phil Duncan, Secretary of SCCC, will soon be the registrant of the silvercreekcc.org domain name, or so Godaddy tells me.
Old 08-04-2008, 17:24   #7
Gary G23

Look at the bright side. You probably didn't have to wait around all day to shoot.
Gary G23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 07:13   #8
Berretta9

I understand it did take a while to finish the course. Story goes that a few guys who didn't sign up for the match were going around shooting the stages and requiring the targets to be pasted before they could even begin. I wasn't aware that we had valet target service.
Berretta9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:44   #9
TreehugginGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berretta9 View Post
I understand it did take a while to finish the course. Story goes that a few guys who didn't sign up for the match were going around shooting the stages and requiring the targets to be pasted before they could even begin. I wasn't aware that we had valet target service.
Not really the whole story about the shot up targets. It was just a miscommunication and it was only one bay that was effected. The shooters were very apologetic and it was easily fixable. They are actually nice fellows and are planning on shooting the IDPA match next month, too. Stuff like that happens even with the IPSC matches, so no real harm and no real foul.

Last edited by TreehugginGlock; 08-05-2008 at 15:21..
Old 08-06-2008, 18:04   #10
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Need to get that website updated before Sept 6th

http://www.silvercreekcc.org/pp/IDPA.htm

When is the next classifier?

Last edited by domzilla9; 08-06-2008 at 18:11..
Old 08-07-2008, 06:14   #11
CJStudent
Fenced In

Send a message via AIM to CJStudent Send a message via Yahoo to CJStudent
I didn't realize there was an IDPA club around Louisville. Now I just might have to look more into this.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
CJStudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:32   #12
TreehugginGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
I didn't realize there was an IDPA club around Louisville. Now I just might have to look more into this.
Would love to have you join us. Our next monthly match will be Saturday, September 6th. Registration starts at 9 am at the clubhouse. Entry fees are as stated above. Now that our website is back up and running, if you need directions, just go to www.silvercreekcc.org Please ignore where it says IDPA is canceled at the range. That was posted erroneously and should be corrected soon. If you're not an IDPA member yet, you can shoot with us once, then you will need to join IDPA which can be handled at your next match at Silver Creek.

Hope to see you there.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:46   #13
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreehugginGlock View Post
Would love to have you join us. Our next monthly match will be Saturday, September 6th. Registration starts at 9 am at the clubhouse. Entry fees are as stated above. Now that our website is back up and running, if you need directions, just go to www.silvercreekcc.org Please ignore where it says IDPA is canceled at the range. That was posted erroneously and should be corrected soon. If you're not an IDPA member yet, you can shoot with us once, then you will need to join IDPA which can be handled at your next match at Silver Creek.

Hope to see you there.
Sounds good, unless I have drill that weekend. Just transferred to a new unit, so I'm not for sure of the drill dates just yet.

What all would I need for this? I've never done any competition other than air rifle in high school.

Quote:
The first round is a moral decision. All of the following rounds are tactical decisions.
Old 08-07-2008, 18:41   #14
45gunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by domzilla9 View Post
Need to get that website updated before Sept 6th

http://www.silvercreekcc.org/pp/IDPA.htm

When is the next classifier?
Can you send me the email list?

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2008, 19:33   #15
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45gunner View Post
Can you send me the email list?

Thanks!
Sure...when you're listed as the club contact for SCCC-IDPA on the IDPA website at http://www.idpa.com/clublist.asp?state=IN Until then I am not certain that Silver Creek is running an affiliated match.

As the former club contact and Match Director for SCCC-IDPA I'd prefer to send the list to the current club contact or Match Director, at their request.
Old 08-07-2008, 20:03   #16
TreehugginGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by domzilla9 View Post
Sure...when you're listed as the club contact for SCCC-IDPA on the IDPA website at http://www.idpa.com/clublist.asp?state=IN Until then I am not certain that Silver Creek is running an affiliated match.

As the former club contact and Match Director for SCCC-IDPA I'd prefer to send the list to the current club contact or Match Director, at their request.

Silver Creek IS running an affiliated match. The new match director and club contact is Bob Dalton.
Old 08-07-2008, 20:15   #17
TreehugginGlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJStudent View Post
Sounds good, unless I have drill that weekend. Just transferred to a new unit, so I'm not for sure of the drill dates just yet.

What all would I need for this? I've never done any competition other than air rifle in high school.
Equipment speaking, you will need your pistol a couple of mag pouches and mags, belt, holster, eye and ear protection and a concealment garment that will cover your weapon and mags when your hands are held at your sides. For more specific requirements and limitations for the above, I would refer you to the IDPA rule book which can be found at www.idpa.com. A normal monthly match will usually run around 100 rounds or so. I would suggest having about 150 rounds with you just in case. If we are shooting the classifier stages, they, themselves, are 90 rounds, then any additional rounds needed to cover any additional stages set up would also be needed. IDPA has some specific rules about what you can and cannot do while shooting that are detailed in the rule book too, but if you just want to show up and shoot with us, we can give you a brief run down, too, before we get started.

Hope you get a chance to shoot with us. We'd be glad to have you and your friends join us.
Old 08-07-2008, 20:46   #18
domzilla9
Phone Flinger

Quote:

Silver Creek IS running an affiliated match. The new match director and club contact is Bob Dalton.
Sure, Silver Creek IS running an affiliated match....and I'm the Phone Flinging King of Siam. When you're running an affiliated match your Match Director's name will appear on the IDPA website.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:18   #19
CJStudent
Fenced In

Quote:
Equipment speaking, you will need your pistol a couple of mag pouches and mags, belt, holster, eye and ear protection and a concealment garment that will cover your weapon and mags when your hands are held at your sides. For more specific requirements and limitations for the above, I would refer you to the IDPA rule book which can be found at www.idpa.com. A normal monthly match will usually run around 100 rounds or so. I would suggest having about 150 rounds with you just in case. If we are shooting the classifier stages, they, themselves, are 90 rounds, then any additional rounds needed to cover any additional stages set up would also be needed. IDPA has some specific rules about what you can and cannot do while shooting that are detailed in the rule book too, but if you just want to show up and shoot with us, we can give you a brief run down, too, before we get started.

Hope you get a chance to shoot with us. We'd be glad to have you and your friends join us.

I should have all that around, lol. Thanks! Hopefully see y'all there!

Quote:
Old 08-08-2008, 17:28   #20
45gunner

Here is the lastest Silver Creek IDPA scores

SilverCreek August 08 IDPA Match Scores

Looks like its on for next month with Bob Dalton being the official Match Director.

Looks like I may be helping out the new match director from time to time.

With or without a mailing list things will go on.

I will be passing out invitiations to members of Knob Creek.

The reacquired SilverCreek web site looks very nice!

Last edited by 45gunner; 08-08-2008 at 18:22..
45gunner is offline   Reply With Quote