Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 02-13-2008, 00:35   #1
JakeXD45

Membership- What do I get?

If I get a platinum membership what do I get?
Old 02-13-2008, 00:53   #2
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

A platinum membership.

Is this a trick question?
Old 02-13-2008, 05:21   #3
mcmoyer
CLM Number 131
Got Wood??

Send a message via ICQ to mcmoyer

You get to support the continued operation of a great site.

Life member GOA,NRA; member TSRA
Old 02-13-2008, 05:45   #4
Critias
CLM Number 236
Freelancer

Your hair will stay thick and rich, your gut will vanish, your love-making stamina will improve, pheromones will trigger that make women swoon, your bank will begin to make errors in your favor, your boss will appreciate you like you deserve, kindly billionaire strangers will take you under their wing and teach you all their secrets, the GLOCK carbine will be named after you, your muscles will become chiselled and well-defined, your scruff if you choose not to shave will look manly instead of sloppy, your wife will find your snoring cute, your poop will smell like strawberries, your dog will never go potty inside ever again, your chosen candidate will win the next presidential election, and your car will get better gas mileage.

All that, and a snazzy title under your name and access to Glocktalk Blogs!
Old 02-13-2008, 14:20   #5
mcmoyer
CLM Number 131
Got Wood??

Send a message via ICQ to mcmoyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias View Post
Your hair will stay thick and rich, your gut will vanish, your love-making stamina will improve, pheromones will trigger that make women swoon, your bank will begin to make errors in your favor, your boss will appreciate you like you deserve, kindly billionaire strangers will take you under their wing and teach you all their secrets, the GLOCK carbine will be named after you, your muscles will become chiselled and well-defined, your scruff if you choose not to shave will look manly instead of sloppy, your wife will find your snoring cute, your poop will smell like strawberries, your dog will never go potty inside ever again, your chosen candidate will win the next presidential election, and your car will get better gas mileage.

Dang Critias, did you have to give ALL the secrets away??

Life member GOA,NRA; member TSRA
Old 02-13-2008, 15:37   #6
JakeXD45

Well i'm just wondering what i'm supporting and what a membership entitles you to. I could not find anything, unless i'm not looking hard enough on this site. Just wondering. I'm intersted in being a member.
Old 02-13-2008, 16:20   #7
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeXD45 View Post
Well i'm just wondering what i'm supporting and what a membership entitles you to. I could not find anything, unless i'm not looking hard enough on this site. Just wondering. I'm intersted in being a member.
Did you trip over the post by Eric stating that he's not sure what each of the levels will bring yet but he'll let us know as soon as he comes up with it?
Old 02-13-2008, 22:36   #8
saspic
CLM Number 56
Howdy Y'all!

Send a message via Yahoo to saspic

So, has the clock on membership officially started yet? It seems like it shouldn't start until we get the level appropriate benefits. Of course it's cool to get the labels early if it hasn't.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:23   #9
EverMindful

Send a message via AIM to EverMindful
Ok. I remember reading about this months ago. In that time, I've deployed and I come back after being in country a month, and he still hasn't answered this question.

No offense, but this is silly. Absolutely silly. I won't be coming to this site anymore.

At the end of the week my ass. Ban me, please.

- Lt. Colonel Dave Grossman
Old 03-04-2008, 20:46   #10
AJ Dual

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverMindful View Post
Ok. I remember reading about this months ago. In that time, I've deployed and I come back after being in country a month, and he still hasn't answered this question.

No offense, but this is silly. Absolutely silly. I won't be coming to this site anymore.

At the end of the week my ass. Ban me, please.

I'd kind of think that someone who's been "over there" for our country could do better than act like a whiny spoiled little girl over something he hasn't and doesn't even need to pay for if he does not want to, but...

Well,there's that "Marine" who threw a puppy off a cliff, and er... (thinking hard here...) ah, got it, General Wesley Clark. All those exceptions that prove the rule.

So I guess I'm not utterly shocked by you. Just a tad bit disappointed.

Tell ya what, I won't pretend to know whatever job it is you do over there, and you don't pretend to know enough IT to understand that a site the size of GT would be staffed full-time by anywhere from five to fifteen people, not counting data-center/hardware staff as opposed to just Eric and a handful of dedicated part-time volunteers.

m'kay?
Old 03-11-2008, 01:29   #11
GlockRik

Quote:

Dang, I thought it was the new vitamins.

Rik
Old 03-12-2008, 14:14   #12
Glocktotinraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Dual View Post

I'd kind of think that someone who's been "over there" for our country could do better than act like a whiny spoiled little girl over something he hasn't and doesn't even need to pay for if he does not want to, but...

Well,there's that "Marine" who threw a puppy off a cliff, and er... (thinking hard here...) ah, got it, General Wesley Clark. All those exceptions that prove the rule.

So I guess I'm not utterly shocked by you. Just a tad bit disappointed.

Tell ya what, I won't pretend to know whatever job it is you do over there, and you don't pretend to know enough IT to understand that a site the size of GT would be staffed full-time by anywhere from five to fifteen people, not counting data-center/hardware staff as opposed to just Eric and a handful of dedicated part-time volunteers.

m'kay?

Old 03-12-2008, 22:00   #13
glockess56
CLM Number 295
Charter Lifetime Member

I would just like to get acknowledged for having a membership. Whatever the $35.00 bought should have been my membership. Yes, it went through the bank, but I have yet to see it on the avitar. Oh well, I guess I just contributed to a great sight. At least with raffle tickets I have a chance to win something.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:31   #14
actionshooter10
CLM Number 19
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockess56 View Post
I would just like to get acknowledged for having a membership. Whatever the $35.00 bought should have been my membership. Yes, it went through the bank, but I have yet to see it on the avitar. Oh well, I guess I just contributed to a great sight. At least with raffle tickets I have a chance to win something.

I don't need the recognition.

You can claim CLM #19 if it makes you feel better.

I get the benefits of the site regardless of what my avatar says.

That's what I paid for, not a title or perceived prestige.
"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington
First President of the United States
Old 03-31-2008, 20:15   #15
MacG22
CLM Number 213
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:

Ok, that's just funny.
Old 04-01-2008, 16:58   #16
paul1973
Blue pitbull

Quote:
A slap on the arse and a how do ya do!
Old 04-03-2008, 08:55   #17
Jake45

Dang all I was asking is what benifits come with it. Like discounts on products, newsletters, etc. Would you pay for soemthing when you dont know what your getting? You dont throw money away for no reason do you? If so send me some money and I will print up a membership with photoshop and give you one.

All I did was ask a qeustion. I love this site but if this is the way you guys are going to treat people when they ask a simple question then whats the point. You are just running them off. Why does everything have to be a joke.

I just became disabled about a year ago from a major back injury that left me with limited movement in my legs and I cant work so I wanted to get involved with something and when I came on to this site I had a good feeling about learning more about the glock and the community of glocks and really enjoy this site. Alot of you guys have helped me with so much stuff like upgrades, the mechanism of the glock that I can work on my own guns. Its just really sad when I ask a simple question I get this.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:49   #18
Tailhunter
Glockman

Stick around ... this crap happens all the time ....

I am not a sheep . . . I am neither weak nor afraid. If you try to harm me the consequences of those actions rest solely on your shoulders. -TH
NEVER get involved, hide and shake or piss and run. -Gen. Consensus
Old 04-05-2008, 16:57   #19
stepper

Quote:

Sign me up!!
Old 04-07-2008, 16:21   #20
major
Rejected member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake45 View Post
Dang all I was asking is what benifits come with it. Like discounts on products, newsletters, etc. Would you pay for soemthing when you dont know what your getting? You dont throw money away for no reason do you? If so send me some money and I will print up a membership with photoshop and give you one.

All I did was ask a qeustion. I love this site but if this is the way you guys are going to treat people when they ask a simple question then whats the point. You are just running them off. Why does everything have to be a joke.

I just became disabled about a year ago from a major back injury that left me with limited movement in my legs and I cant work so I wanted to get involved with something and when I came on to this site I had a good feeling about learning more about the glock and the community of glocks and really enjoy this site. Alot of you guys have helped me with so much stuff like upgrades, the mechanism of the glock that I can work on my own guns. Its just really sad when I ask a simple question I get this.
I agree with you. It was a legitimate question but some people saw the need to be jerks about it. Unfortunately, that's the nature of the beast here.....sometimes.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:28   #21
actionshooter10
CLM Number 19
Charter Lifetime Member

Jake,

My post was not directed at you.

I want everyone to pay the lowest price they can for something and to not go into debt for anything.

My post was directed to glockess56.

If you're contributing to the site for recognition, you're doing it for the wrong reason, IMO

I contributed to the site because of the information I get a lot out of it.

Quote:

"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington
First President of the United States
Old 04-14-2008, 11:12   #22
RCP

I was going to subscribe to a paid membership today as well and have been searching for some answers. I am trying to figure out if there is any benefit to being a paid member, as well as what the difference in levels of membership are? For example, what are the benefits of a gold vs a silver membership? What benefits does a gold member have to upgrade to a platinum? Why should I choose platinum over silver? So far I haven't found any answers to those questions so I guess I'll hold onto my money until I can figure it out.
Old 04-14-2008, 20:54   #23
Steel Talon

Quote:

So far membership gets you this..

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=855862

Peace
ST~
Old 04-15-2008, 15:47   #24
Badger54
CLM Number 277
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post
I was going to subscribe to a paid membership today as well and have been searching for some answers. I am trying to figure out if there is any benefit to being a paid member, as well as what the difference in levels of membership are? For example, what are the benefits of a gold vs a silver membership? What benefits does a gold member have to upgrade to a platinum? Why should I choose platinum over silver? So far I haven't found any answers to those questions so I guess I'll hold onto my money until I can figure it out.
I'm not sure about the different levels, but getting membership helps to keep a good source of information readily available. I don't know about you but I don't want to see the same thing happen to Glocktalk as happend to Packing.org. Silver membership which is what I have gets you access to the casino and the arcade as well as supports the upkeep of the site so it's $40 well spent in my opinion.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:46   #25
sigdeputy

Quote:

Try not to take it too personal. Seriously. If you spend any time in GT, posting and exchanging thoughts & ideas, you're bound to get flamed on occasion. It comes with the territory. People have very strong beliefs and opinions when it comes to anything gun related. If your okay with that - post away. If not, might be better to just be a spectator.

Either way - welcome and good luck!