GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2008, 00:35   #1
JakeXD45
Registered User
 
JakeXD45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5
Membership- What do I get?

If I get a platinum membership what do I get?
JakeXD45 is offline  
Old 02-13-2008, 00:53   #2
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out
 
HerrGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 64,404


A platinum membership.

Is this a trick question?
__________________
Sent from my rotary phone
"The way I see it as soon as a baby is born, he should be issued a banjo!"- Linus Van Pelt
UNIX - Not just for Vestal Virgins any more
HerrGlock is offline  
Old 02-13-2008, 05:21   #3
mcmoyer
CLM Number 131
Got Wood??
 
mcmoyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,216
Send a message via ICQ to mcmoyer


You get to support the continued operation of a great site.

__________________
Michael

Life member GOA,NRA; member TSRA
mcmoyer is offline  
Old 02-13-2008, 05:45   #4
Critias
CLM Number 236
Freelancer
 
Critias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Cleburne, TX
Posts: 16,476
Blog Entries: 14


Your hair will stay thick and rich, your gut will vanish, your love-making stamina will improve, pheromones will trigger that make women swoon, your bank will begin to make errors in your favor, your boss will appreciate you like you deserve, kindly billionaire strangers will take you under their wing and teach you all their secrets, the GLOCK carbine will be named after you, your muscles will become chiselled and well-defined, your scruff if you choose not to shave will look manly instead of sloppy, your wife will find your snoring cute, your poop will smell like strawberries, your dog will never go potty inside ever again, your chosen candidate will win the next presidential election, and your car will get better gas mileage.

All that, and a snazzy title under your name and access to Glocktalk Blogs!
Critias is offline  
Old 02-13-2008, 14:20   #5
mcmoyer
CLM Number 131
Got Wood??
 
mcmoyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,216
Send a message via ICQ to mcmoyer


Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias View Post
Your hair will stay thick and rich, your gut will vanish, your love-making stamina will improve, pheromones will trigger that make women swoon, your bank will begin to make errors in your favor, your boss will appreciate you like you deserve, kindly billionaire strangers will take you under their wing and teach you all their secrets, the GLOCK carbine will be named after you, your muscles will become chiselled and well-defined, your scruff if you choose not to shave will look manly instead of sloppy, your wife will find your snoring cute, your poop will smell like strawberries, your dog will never go potty inside ever again, your chosen candidate will win the next presidential election, and your car will get better gas mileage.

All that, and a snazzy title under your name and access to Glocktalk Blogs!
Dang Critias, did you have to give ALL the secrets away??
__________________
Michael

Life member GOA,NRA; member TSRA
mcmoyer is offline  
Old 02-13-2008, 15:37   #6
JakeXD45
Registered User
 
JakeXD45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5
Well i'm just wondering what i'm supporting and what a membership entitles you to. I could not find anything, unless i'm not looking hard enough on this site. Just wondering. I'm intersted in being a member.
JakeXD45 is offline  
Old 02-13-2008, 16:20   #7
HerrGlock
CLM Number 2
Scouts Out
 
HerrGlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 64,404


Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeXD45 View Post
Well i'm just wondering what i'm supporting and what a membership entitles you to. I could not find anything, unless i'm not looking hard enough on this site. Just wondering. I'm intersted in being a member.
Did you trip over the post by Eric stating that he's not sure what each of the levels will bring yet but he'll let us know as soon as he comes up with it?
__________________
Sent from my rotary phone
"The way I see it as soon as a baby is born, he should be issued a banjo!"- Linus Van Pelt
UNIX - Not just for Vestal Virgins any more
HerrGlock is offline  
Old 02-13-2008, 22:36   #8
saspic
CLM Number 56
Howdy Y'all!
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 983
Send a message via Yahoo to saspic


So, has the clock on membership officially started yet? It seems like it shouldn't start until we get the level appropriate benefits. Of course it's cool to get the labels early if it hasn't.
__________________
National Rifle Association and Texas State Rifle Association Life Member
saspic is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 06:23   #9
EverMindful
Senior Member
 
EverMindful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 208
Send a message via AIM to EverMindful
Ok. I remember reading about this months ago. In that time, I've deployed and I come back after being in country a month, and he still hasn't answered this question.

No offense, but this is silly. Absolutely silly. I won't be coming to this site anymore.

At the end of the week my ass. Ban me, please.
__________________
"There is no safety in denial."

- Lt. Colonel Dave Grossman
EverMindful is offline  
Old 03-04-2008, 20:46   #10
AJ Dual
Senior Member
 
AJ Dual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 7,532
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverMindful View Post
Ok. I remember reading about this months ago. In that time, I've deployed and I come back after being in country a month, and he still hasn't answered this question.

No offense, but this is silly. Absolutely silly. I won't be coming to this site anymore.

At the end of the week my ass. Ban me, please.


I'd kind of think that someone who's been "over there" for our country could do better than act like a whiny spoiled little girl over something he hasn't and doesn't even need to pay for if he does not want to, but...

Well,there's that "Marine" who threw a puppy off a cliff, and er... (thinking hard here...) ah, got it, General Wesley Clark. All those exceptions that prove the rule.

So I guess I'm not utterly shocked by you. Just a tad bit disappointed.

Tell ya what, I won't pretend to know whatever job it is you do over there, and you don't pretend to know enough IT to understand that a site the size of GT would be staffed full-time by anywhere from five to fifteen people, not counting data-center/hardware staff as opposed to just Eric and a handful of dedicated part-time volunteers.

m'kay?
__________________
Help make fair and just shall-issue carry in Wisconsin a reality. http://www.wisconsinconcealedcarry.com
AJ Dual is offline  
Old 03-11-2008, 01:29   #11
GlockRik
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias View Post
Your hair will stay thick and rich, your gut will vanish, your love-making stamina will improve, pheromones will trigger that make women swoon, your bank will begin to make errors in your favor, your boss will appreciate you like you deserve, kindly billionaire strangers will take you under their wing and teach you all their secrets, the GLOCK carbine will be named after you, your muscles will become chiselled and well-defined, your scruff if you choose not to shave will look manly instead of sloppy, your wife will find your snoring cute, your poop will smell like strawberries, your dog will never go potty inside ever again, your chosen candidate will win the next presidential election, and your car will get better gas mileage.

All that, and a snazzy title under your name and access to Glocktalk Blogs!
Dang, I thought it was the new vitamins.

Rik
__________________
Please don't drink and file.
GlockRik is offline  
Old 03-12-2008, 14:14   #12
Glocktotinraider
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Dual View Post


I'd kind of think that someone who's been "over there" for our country could do better than act like a whiny spoiled little girl over something he hasn't and doesn't even need to pay for if he does not want to, but...

Well,there's that "Marine" who threw a puppy off a cliff, and er... (thinking hard here...) ah, got it, General Wesley Clark. All those exceptions that prove the rule.

So I guess I'm not utterly shocked by you. Just a tad bit disappointed.

Tell ya what, I won't pretend to know whatever job it is you do over there, and you don't pretend to know enough IT to understand that a site the size of GT would be staffed full-time by anywhere from five to fifteen people, not counting data-center/hardware staff as opposed to just Eric and a handful of dedicated part-time volunteers.

m'kay?

 
Old 03-12-2008, 22:00   #13
glockess56
CLM Number 295
Charter Lifetime Member
 
glockess56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dublin, Ohio
Posts: 1,331
I would just like to get acknowledged for having a membership. Whatever the $35.00 bought should have been my membership. Yes, it went through the bank, but I have yet to see it on the avitar. Oh well, I guess I just contributed to a great sight. At least with raffle tickets I have a chance to win something.
glockess56 is offline  
Old 03-13-2008, 08:31   #14
actionshooter10
CLM Number 19
Charter Lifetime Member
 
actionshooter10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,747
Quote:
Originally Posted by glockess56 View Post
I would just like to get acknowledged for having a membership. Whatever the $35.00 bought should have been my membership. Yes, it went through the bank, but I have yet to see it on the avitar. Oh well, I guess I just contributed to a great sight. At least with raffle tickets I have a chance to win something.

I don't need the recognition.

You can claim CLM #19 if it makes you feel better.

I get the benefits of the site regardless of what my avatar says.

That's what I paid for, not a title or perceived prestige.
__________________
"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington
First President of the United States
actionshooter10 is offline  
Old 03-31-2008, 20:15   #15
MacG22
CLM Number 213
Charter Lifetime Member
 
MacG22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias View Post
Your hair will stay thick and rich, your gut will vanish, your love-making stamina will improve, pheromones will trigger that make women swoon, your bank will begin to make errors in your favor, your boss will appreciate you like you deserve, kindly billionaire strangers will take you under their wing and teach you all their secrets, the GLOCK carbine will be named after you, your muscles will become chiselled and well-defined, your scruff if you choose not to shave will look manly instead of sloppy, your wife will find your snoring cute, your poop will smell like strawberries, your dog will never go potty inside ever again, your chosen candidate will win the next presidential election, and your car will get better gas mileage.

All that, and a snazzy title under your name and access to Glocktalk Blogs!

Ok, that's just funny.
MacG22 is offline  
Old 04-01-2008, 16:58   #16
paul1973
Blue pitbull
 
paul1973's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Canton Ohio
Posts: 2,335
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeXD45 View Post
If I get a platinum membership what do I get?
A slap on the arse and a how do ya do!
paul1973 is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 08:55   #17
Jake45
Senior Member
 
Jake45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rockwall,TX
Posts: 234
Dang all I was asking is what benifits come with it. Like discounts on products, newsletters, etc. Would you pay for soemthing when you dont know what your getting? You dont throw money away for no reason do you? If so send me some money and I will print up a membership with photoshop and give you one.

All I did was ask a qeustion. I love this site but if this is the way you guys are going to treat people when they ask a simple question then whats the point. You are just running them off. Why does everything have to be a joke.

I just became disabled about a year ago from a major back injury that left me with limited movement in my legs and I cant work so I wanted to get involved with something and when I came on to this site I had a good feeling about learning more about the glock and the community of glocks and really enjoy this site. Alot of you guys have helped me with so much stuff like upgrades, the mechanism of the glock that I can work on my own guns. Its just really sad when I ask a simple question I get this.
Jake45 is offline  
Old 04-03-2008, 12:49   #18
Tailhunter
Glockman
 
Tailhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NC/VA State Line
Posts: 5,734
Stick around ... this crap happens all the time ....
__________________
Certified Glock Armorer

I am not a sheep . . . I am neither weak nor afraid. If you try to harm me the consequences of those actions rest solely on your shoulders. -TH
NEVER get involved, hide and shake or piss and run. -Gen. Consensus
Tailhunter is offline  
Old 04-05-2008, 16:57   #19
stepper
Senior Member
 
stepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 2,671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias View Post
Your hair will stay thick and rich, your gut will vanish, your love-making stamina will improve, pheromones will trigger that make women swoon, your bank will begin to make errors in your favor, your boss will appreciate you like you deserve, kindly billionaire strangers will take you under their wing and teach you all their secrets, the GLOCK carbine will be named after you, your muscles will become chiselled and well-defined, your scruff if you choose not to shave will look manly instead of sloppy, your wife will find your snoring cute, your poop will smell like strawberries, your dog will never go potty inside ever again, your chosen candidate will win the next presidential election, and your car will get better gas mileage.

All that, and a snazzy title under your name and access to Glocktalk Blogs!
Sign me up!!
stepper is offline  
Old 04-07-2008, 16:21   #20
major
Rejected member
 
major's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Cochrane, Alberta
Posts: 6,463


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake45 View Post
Dang all I was asking is what benifits come with it. Like discounts on products, newsletters, etc. Would you pay for soemthing when you dont know what your getting? You dont throw money away for no reason do you? If so send me some money and I will print up a membership with photoshop and give you one.

All I did was ask a qeustion. I love this site but if this is the way you guys are going to treat people when they ask a simple question then whats the point. You are just running them off. Why does everything have to be a joke.

I just became disabled about a year ago from a major back injury that left me with limited movement in my legs and I cant work so I wanted to get involved with something and when I came on to this site I had a good feeling about learning more about the glock and the community of glocks and really enjoy this site. Alot of you guys have helped me with so much stuff like upgrades, the mechanism of the glock that I can work on my own guns. Its just really sad when I ask a simple question I get this.
I agree with you. It was a legitimate question but some people saw the need to be jerks about it. Unfortunately, that's the nature of the beast here.....sometimes.
major is offline  
Old 04-08-2008, 09:28   #21
actionshooter10
CLM Number 19
Charter Lifetime Member
 
actionshooter10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,747
Jake,

My post was not directed at you.

I want everyone to pay the lowest price they can for something and to not go into debt for anything.

My post was directed to glockess56.

If you're contributing to the site for recognition, you're doing it for the wrong reason, IMO

I contributed to the site because of the information I get a lot out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake45 View Post
Dang all I was asking is what benifits come with it. Like discounts on products, newsletters, etc. Would you pay for soemthing when you dont know what your getting? You dont throw money away for no reason do you? If so send me some money and I will print up a membership with photoshop and give you one.

All I did was ask a qeustion. I love this site but if this is the way you guys are going to treat people when they ask a simple question then whats the point. You are just running them off. Why does everything have to be a joke.

I just became disabled about a year ago from a major back injury that left me with limited movement in my legs and I cant work so I wanted to get involved with something and when I came on to this site I had a good feeling about learning more about the glock and the community of glocks and really enjoy this site. Alot of you guys have helped me with so much stuff like upgrades, the mechanism of the glock that I can work on my own guns. Its just really sad when I ask a simple question I get this.
__________________
"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington
First President of the United States
actionshooter10 is offline  
Old 04-14-2008, 11:12   #22
RCP
Senior Member
 
RCP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Celina, TX
Posts: 3,965
I was going to subscribe to a paid membership today as well and have been searching for some answers. I am trying to figure out if there is any benefit to being a paid member, as well as what the difference in levels of membership are? For example, what are the benefits of a gold vs a silver membership? What benefits does a gold member have to upgrade to a platinum? Why should I choose platinum over silver? So far I haven't found any answers to those questions so I guess I'll hold onto my money until I can figure it out.
RCP is offline  
Old 04-14-2008, 20:54   #23
Steel Talon
Senior Member
 
Steel Talon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Az
Posts: 713
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeXD45 View Post
If I get a platinum membership what do I get?

So far membership gets you this..

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=855862


Peace
ST~
__________________
Take your time... Don't live too fast,
Troubles will come and they will pass....
Steel Talon is offline  
Old 04-15-2008, 15:47   #24
Badger54
CLM Number 277
Charter Lifetime Member
 
Badger54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post
I was going to subscribe to a paid membership today as well and have been searching for some answers. I am trying to figure out if there is any benefit to being a paid member, as well as what the difference in levels of membership are? For example, what are the benefits of a gold vs a silver membership? What benefits does a gold member have to upgrade to a platinum? Why should I choose platinum over silver? So far I haven't found any answers to those questions so I guess I'll hold onto my money until I can figure it out.
I'm not sure about the different levels, but getting membership helps to keep a good source of information readily available. I don't know about you but I don't want to see the same thing happen to Glocktalk as happend to Packing.org. Silver membership which is what I have gets you access to the casino and the arcade as well as supports the upkeep of the site so it's $40 well spent in my opinion.
Badger54 is offline  
Old 04-24-2008, 08:46   #25
sigdeputy
Senior Member
 
sigdeputy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake45 View Post
Dang all I was asking is what benifits come with it. Like discounts on products, newsletters, etc. Would you pay for soemthing when you dont know what your getting? You dont throw money away for no reason do you? If so send me some money and I will print up a membership with photoshop and give you one.

All I did was ask a qeustion. I love this site but if this is the way you guys are going to treat people when they ask a simple question then whats the point. You are just running them off. Why does everything have to be a joke.

I just became disabled about a year ago from a major back injury that left me with limited movement in my legs and I cant work so I wanted to get involved with something and when I came on to this site I had a good feeling about learning more about the glock and the community of glocks and really enjoy this site. Alot of you guys have helped me with so much stuff like upgrades, the mechanism of the glock that I can work on my own guns. Its just really sad when I ask a simple question I get this.
Try not to take it too personal. Seriously. If you spend any time in GT, posting and exchanging thoughts & ideas, you're bound to get flamed on occasion. It comes with the territory. People have very strong beliefs and opinions when it comes to anything gun related. If your okay with that - post away. If not, might be better to just be a spectator.

Either way - welcome and good luck!
sigdeputy is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:51.



Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 1,312
391 Members
921 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,244
Nov 11, 2013 at 11:42