GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups



  
SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

 
  
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2008, 16:48   #1
elenaidan
Senior Member
 
elenaidan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 104
Lasagne what?

Does anyone out there have a kick butt lasagne recipe. My kid's won't eat anything I through at them in the category of adult foods. I swear I think they would live on Mac & Cheese, pizza and lemonade. Every time I make lasagne it comes out too wet, has a very loose consistency and never as tasty as what I've tried in other places.

Any input would be appreciated.
__________________
:supergrin:
elenaidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 17:05   #2
Dandapani
Senior Member
 
Dandapani's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Gulf side Florida
Posts: 22,804


Look for a no-boiled noodle recipe. They tend to be dryer.
__________________
Dan
Karma -What goes around, comes around!
Florida Glockers, Wheelhouse, S&W, Snubbie #940
Dandapani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 15:32   #3
sweetatergal
Senior Member
 
sweetatergal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: In the South
Posts: 9,259
Do you make your own sause or use a jar? Also, do you add tomato PASTE? Do you use Ricotta Cheese or Cottage Cheese when making the dish?
__________________
Never underestimate the power of a Southern Belle Temper Tantrum
sweetatergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 15:51   #4
Cinic
Spongy Member
 
Cinic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 2,466
Send a message via Yahoo to Cinic


My wife made this one once.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/i...sagna-recipe2/

I dunno why she uses turkey sausage. The two plus pounds of cheese make this anything but healthy. But it was the best damn lasagna I've ever had.
__________________
G23, G27
Cinic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 16:03   #5
sweetatergal
Senior Member
 
sweetatergal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: In the South
Posts: 9,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinic View Post
My wife made this one once.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/i...sagna-recipe2/

I dunno why she uses turkey sausage. The two plus pounds of cheese make this anything but healthy. But it was the best damn lasagna I've ever had.

I could not write out a recipe for Lasagna if my life depended on it! I change mine up everytime I make it. I make my own sause...I could not tell you how much of anything goes in there......little of this, dash of that, handful of this.....
__________________
Never underestimate the power of a Southern Belle Temper Tantrum
sweetatergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 19:13   #6
MrsKitty
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: >^..^<
Posts: 47,673
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetatergal View Post
I could not write out a recipe for Lasagna if my life depended on it! I change mine up everytime I make it. I make my own sause...I could not tell you how much of anything goes in there......little of this, dash of that, handful of this.....
Hey, I cook like that!
__________________
to cry with a friend is a warm hug..no words need to be spoken... --bob
Woof, Woof!
MrsKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 08:28   #7
sweetatergal
Senior Member
 
sweetatergal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: In the South
Posts: 9,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by misskitty5077 View Post
Hey, I cook like that!
I learned it honestly. My Great Aunt and Grandmother cooked like that.


__________________
Never underestimate the power of a Southern Belle Temper Tantrum
sweetatergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 09:02   #8
pupcuss27
CLM Number 119
Charter Lifetime Member
 
pupcuss27's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: INDY, USA
Posts: 1,587
Here is Rachael Ray's lasagna recipe from their Web site:

http://www.rachaelray.com/recipe.php?recipe_id=1958

A lot of other great ideas their...
pupcuss27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 17:43   #9
elenaidan
Senior Member
 
elenaidan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetatergal View Post
Do you make your own sause or use a jar? Also, do you add tomato PASTE? Do you use Ricotta Cheese or Cottage Cheese when making the dish?
Howdy, sorry for the delay in reply. Busy with kids and work. I usually make my own sauce and it's a fairly dense sauce (heavy with tomato paste). I have used fresh Ricotta and the prepackaged kind. Prepackaged does better due to low moisture content by comparison. I will try the recipes suggested above however and thank you all very much for the direction.
__________________
:supergrin:
elenaidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:38   #10
sweetatergal
Senior Member
 
sweetatergal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: In the South
Posts: 9,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by elenaidan View Post
Howdy, sorry for the delay in reply. Busy with kids and work. I usually make my own sauce and it's a fairly dense sauce (heavy with tomato paste). I have used fresh Ricotta and the prepackaged kind. Prepackaged does better due to low moisture content by comparison. I will try the recipes suggested above however and thank you all very much for the direction.

I always use paste to make it thicker and if you do use the cottage cheese (I usually do) beat an egg into the cottage cheese. That will thicken up the moisture in the cheese. Ricotta, I usually drain it first if there is any liquid in the container. Mine still comes out a little runny, but not too bad. I've found that letting it set for a little bit (about 15 minutes) after taking it out of the oven helps. It thickens a bit as it cools.
__________________
Never underestimate the power of a Southern Belle Temper Tantrum
sweetatergal is offline   Reply With Quote

 
  
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:41.




Homepage
FAQ
Forums
Calendar
Advertise
Gallery
GT Wiki
GT Blogs
Social Groups
Classifieds


Users Currently Online: 588
129 Members
459 Guests

Most users ever online: 2,672
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:31