GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-19-2008, 20:32   #21
cphilip

Isn't it correct that McCain cannot accept private donations at all? He stuck to the agreement to use the public funds pool and Obama backed out and decided he could make more money privately. Wouldn't that affect any sort of poll on where money comes from.

Besides the fact it appears to be a lie.. that is...
Old 09-19-2008, 20:35   #22
SGT45

Who cares? He still has a mid eastern name. The United States of America does not need a President w/ a mid eastern name, when we are at war in the mid east. I am still clinging to my religion and guns. I am still proud to be a AMERICAN, unlike his wife. I don't idolize a racist Reverend or Rap Crap spewing singer, then claim to disown them. His middle name is little to be desired. So tell me what he is going to "Change" since he can't! Or maybe I will be told that this is a "TYPICAL" GT'er response. You can replace the "GT'er" w/ what he said, just to remind you. I can refresh your memory. Oh, by the way, don't go there. I really think Gen. Colin Powell and Condolezza Rice would have been a good pick for VP. I actually think Condi is as good looking as Sarah.
GT Club numbers: G1 Niners#4527/.40 S&W #4527/Bull Dawg#4527.
SGT45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 13:10   #23
meshmdz
OBAMA 2012

Send a message via AIM to meshmdz Send a message via Yahoo to meshmdz Send a message via Skype™ to meshmdz
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer View Post
The quoted article qualifies as political propaganda. Although retired from the Army, I still serve in an advisory capacity to the Guard at the brigade level. Military personnel are overwhelming for John McCain.

The military primarily votes Republican, we know the Democrats would hang us out to dry. I have a top down and bottom up view of this - as a junior officer I was a voting officer.

The democrats know the military is almost a monolithic Republican voting block so they try to change the truth through means such as this article. They also do disgraceful things like going to court to keep the military's absentee ballots from being counted in the contentious 2000 presidential election.
Sir, how does this explain Obama out-doing McCain in terms of fundraising as it pertains to the Military???
meshmdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 13:28   #24
CPT_CRUNCH
P.O.W.

ArmyTimes is doing currently doing a survey on who we (service members) support in the next election. maybe you should base you opinion on our CURRENT views instead of what you remember way back in the day.
:patriot:
CPT_CRUNCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 13:33   #25
CPT_CRUNCH
P.O.W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVFlyer View Post
The quoted article qualifies as political propaganda. Although retired from the Army, I still serve in an advisory capacity to the Guard at the brigade level. Military personnel are overwhelming for John McCain.

The military primarily votes Republican, we know the Democrats would hang us out to dry. I have a top down and bottom up view of this - as a junior officer I was a voting officer.

The democrats know the military is almost a monolithic Republican voting block so they try to change the truth through means such as this article. They also do disgraceful things like going to court to keep the military's absentee ballots from being counted in the contentious 2000 presidential election.
ArmyTimes is doing currently doing a survey on who we (service members) support in the next election. maybe you should base you opinion on our CURRENT views instead of what you remember way back in the day. results will be published in october. you might be surprised on the numbers.
Old 09-23-2008, 13:35   #26
CPT_CRUNCH
P.O.W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
As a former active duty member and now in the reserves I can tell you that all of the people I talk to support McCain. I would say it is 99 to 1. My son is stationed a Beale AFB and he says the same.
you two need more friends
Old 09-23-2008, 14:59   #27
Dirty Dealer

Obama sux
Dirty Dealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 16:58   #28
bryceban
NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT_CRUNCH View Post
you two need more friends
GT needs less Hippie trolls

Last edited by bryceban; 09-23-2008 at 17:18.. Reason: fit CC rules
bryceban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 17:19   #29
BlackPaladin

As a current reserve member of the US Navy, I would say opinions are very divided. It is a very heated debate, but the supporters of Obama seem to stick with his ideas no matter what. Overall, taking only my unit at this time, a solid 50% are voting Obama, and the war in general, is not spoken of highly amongst many where I drill.
niners club #187
moto club #600
Bull dawgs club #55
RIP Ofc. Tommy Decker #6402 CSPD
BlackPaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 20:27   #30
meshmdz
OBAMA 2012

Send a message via AIM to meshmdz Send a message via Yahoo to meshmdz Send a message via Skype™ to meshmdz
Quote:
ArmyTimes is doing currently doing a survey on who we (service members) support in the next election. maybe you should base you opinion on our CURRENT views instead of what you remember way back in the day. results will be published in october. you might be surprised on the numbers.
That is something that myself and some other cadets were discussing out at LDAC this past summer, at Fort Lewis, WA. And much to my surprise, there are actually quite a few "cadets", soon to be 2LTs, who seem to be supportive for Obama. I think that its good we can talk politics here on GT, at the end of the day, its all about respecting each other's opinion even if we disagree.
Old 09-23-2008, 21:52   #31
CPT_CRUNCH
P.O.W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryceban View Post
GT needs less Hippie trolls
trolls give you RETARDS a chance to see reality, let me know how it is in fantasy-land bubba.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:52   #32
meshmdz
OBAMA 2012

The fact is, that Obama is going to win in November and the Republican party and its hardliners cant do anything about it. People are just simply TIRED of the way the Republicans have been doing things for the past 8 years. There are alot of moderate people in this nation that are good, upstanding Americans, that are going to vote for Obama because people want change... It might not be the best change imaginable but anything from the way things have been going will be an improvement, even if it is a little bit better.

Ironic that the party that emboldens Christ and faith moreso than the Democrats, or so at least they say in their rhetoric no matter how void in legislation and action, is mud slinging more than ever and using fear-mongering tactics to attempt to retain power... I dont blame them though, its merely a last-ditch effort to retain what they have screwed up in the past 8 years.
Old 09-24-2008, 18:09   #33
bryceban
NRA Life Member

Quote:
trolls give you RETARDS a chance to see reality, let me know how it is in fantasy-land bubba.
So.........you are a troll huh?
bryceban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 18:34   #34
CPT_CRUNCH
P.O.W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryceban View Post
So.........you are a troll huh?
nice try BUBBA
Old 09-24-2008, 20:38   #35
meshmdz
OBAMA 2012

Easy fellas
Old 09-28-2008, 08:33   #36
BManoftheyear

Send a message via Yahoo to BManoftheyear
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker6126 View Post
My best friend is a Maj. In the Army and he prays every night for Mccain to get elected.
I dont know why McCain is no damn better then bush.This is what gets me going so quickly.Keep voting republican and ruining our country,sure you'll keep your guns but you'll need em since we are heading towards the next depression.

Bill Clinton but a ban on our mags and such but look at how the economy was doing,we had jobs,gas was down.I am saying this I dont like either cadidate but I be damned if I am gonna vote republican.

It is like the same story,vote republican and get screwed,vote demo and turn the economy around.I am just afraid that w are to the point of no damn return,I dont think anybody is gonna be able to fix this.
Maybe the illuminati can come and bail us out next huh GWB

Glock 36
BManoftheyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:59   #37
meshmdz
OBAMA 2012

The American public is going to overwhelmingly elect Obama. Mark it down. People have had enough and McCain and Palin are not the answer to our nation's problem and the vast majority this nation know it.
Old 09-28-2008, 16:01   #38
ldcarson

Hmmm - I am over here right now...and I call BS. BHO has his supporters, but in my very small sampling, he is outdone 3 to 1 on most of the FOBs I have visited....In fact most of the mil guys are ready to move on to Afghan...Its too quiet now in iraq, and that means boredom for the troops...
ldcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 17:46   #39
meshmdz
OBAMA 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldcarson View Post
Hmmm - I am over here right now...and I call BS. BHO has his supporters, but in my very small sampling, he is outdone 3 to 1 on most of the FOBs I have visited....In fact most of the mil guys are ready to move on to Afghan...Its too quiet now in iraq, and that means boredom for the troops...
Thanks for your service man. Good to hear how things are going over there. I'll be joining yall before too long Im sure.
Old 09-28-2008, 18:02   #40
engineer151515

Deomcrats tried to block overseas military votes in 2000.

It would be surprise me to see the same group support Dems now.
engineer151515 is offline   Reply With Quote