Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-07-2008, 08:14   #1
TexasGlock23
Salty Collar

Send a message via AIM to TexasGlock23 Send a message via Yahoo to TexasGlock23
Address change on CHP/CHL problem.

I recently got my permit for Hampton and moved about 3 weeks later to VB. I have called and called to either gather information or have them change it for me and re-issue a new permit. I can NEVER get ahold of the county clerk or anyone who can help. I have left messages (numerous) and emailed. What do I need to do besides going up there which really isn't an option right now. I don't get off in time to make it up there before 4pm. Can I just go to VB court and take care of this?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

G23-TFO's, Streamlight TLR-1, Tucker Tx Heritage IWB and a few other goodies.
G19-wifes
own a GM? visit us at customgm.com
TexasGlock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 03:20   #2
Olivers_AR

The issuing court is the one that suppose to issue the updated permit. Did you do a change of address on your drivers license or have PCS orders from the Service?

This might be the time to do some social engineering and call the front desk/operator/human and ask them who else in the department can help. Usually it is the civil intake desk, which is manned during the day because they take in cases.

Maybe the VB desk might know someone over at the Hampton desk or the next person in the area that goes to the court might be able to help. Worse case is that you send a registered letter to the Clerk of the Court or the judge that signed it and indicate that you have changed addresses and list old and new and what steps need to be taken. I know that its a PITA to carry a letter and return reciept but it does show intent that you did notify the court. Maybe they will respond to a letter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGlock23 View Post
I recently got my permit for Hampton and moved about 3 weeks later to VB. I have called and called to either gather information or have them change it for me and re-issue a new permit. I can NEVER get ahold of the county clerk or anyone who can help. I have left messages (numerous) and emailed. What do I need to do besides going up there which really isn't an option right now. I don't get off in time to make it up there before 4pm. Can I just go to VB court and take care of this?
Olivers_AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 14:43   #3
TexasGlock23
Salty Collar

Send a message via AIM to TexasGlock23 Send a message via Yahoo to TexasGlock23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivers_AR View Post
The issuing court is the one that suppose to issue the updated permit. Did you do a change of address on your drivers license or have PCS orders from the Service?

This might be the time to do some social engineering and call the front desk/operator/human and ask them who else in the department can help. Usually it is the civil intake desk, which is manned during the day because they take in cases.

Maybe the VB desk might know someone over at the Hampton desk or the next person in the area that goes to the court might be able to help. Worse case is that you send a registered letter to the Clerk of the Court or the judge that signed it and indicate that you have changed addresses and list old and new and what steps need to be taken. I know that its a PITA to carry a letter and return reciept but it does show intent that you did notify the court. Maybe they will respond to a letter?

I do not have a VA license. I am military and still have a valid TX license. I will look into trying to reach someone else.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

G23-TFO's, Streamlight TLR-1, Tucker Tx Heritage IWB and a few other goodies.
G19-wifes
own a GM? visit us at customgm.com
TexasGlock23 is offline   Reply With Quote