Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 09-17-2008, 19:11   #1
nationwide

Attended my first Stated last night...

It was really cool. Didn't really know what to expect.

For dinner, we had bacon wrapped steak. It was obvious to this Brother, that much effort went into the meal by our Stewards.

We had, I believe, our Deputy District Grand Master (hope I got that right!) visit and give an inspection/evaluation/or something along those lines.

This is a GLOCK forum!!!! :rant:
nationwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 21:08   #2
mmsig229

Stated Meetings

Glad you enjoyed it!!! Stated meetings are tough to keep interesting. A good LEO program helps along with participation from the body of the Lodge. I'm glad your stewards are working hard to make nice meals. That's really important, especially if the Brethren came straight from work. It's also fun to travel to other Lodges. Best of luck with your journey.
mmsig229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 22:02   #3
machinisttx

I haven't made it to one in several months. Haven't made much of anything else except Commandery either though.

Partly because I forget and partly because they asked me to do stuff several times and then when I showed up to do it they already had someone doing what I had spent my free time rehearsing. As a side note, this is why even after not doing an EA in several months I still knew the SD part well enough to do yours.

I'll make it back eventually, but I think I'm done answering "yes".
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg. Thomas Jefferson (1781)
machinisttx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 22:07   #4
mmsig229

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinisttx View Post
I haven't made it to one in several months. Haven't made much of anything else except Commandery either though.

Partly because I forget and partly because they asked me to do stuff several times and then when I showed up to do it they already had someone doing what I had spent my free time rehearsing. As a side note, this is why even after not doing an EA in several months I still knew the SD part well enough to do yours.

I'll make it back eventually, but I think I'm done answering "yes".
The SD has alot going on during Degree work. The following year they catch their breath as the JW. A good time to learn a lecture or charge.
Old 09-17-2008, 22:38   #5
jetboatdriver
CLM Number 47
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmsig229 View Post
The SD has alot going on during Degree work. The following year they catch their breath as the JW. A good time to learn a lecture or charge.
Catch your breath? Not in our Lodge. We do about 40-60 Master Masons a year. Our SD is in charge of the EA team, the JW the FC team, the SW the MM team. The JW does all of the scheduling, the SD deals with usual SD posiiton responsibilities and the EA team. This year it is me in the SD chair and I also head the Educaitonal committee. The JW in our lodge has a REALLY full plate.

Nationwide is one of our new MM's. We got him through a connection on GT believe it or not Machinisttx hooked us all up, and he came down and did the SD in his degree.

So, next year when I get to the JW I can slow down a little? That would be great, I will end up being at the Lodge 5 days this week. Come on next year :-))
Lone Star Glockers #3036 - Big Dawgs # 1903 - SW Solstice Club - Nat'l Assoc Solstice/Sky Owners
Panther City #1183, AF&AM Cooke-Peavy 1162 AF&AM Worth Commandery #19 -Texas Chapter 362-Council 321-Trinity York Rite College-Fort Worth SR - Moslah Shrine;Tranquility Lodge #2000
jetboatdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 03:26   #6
mmsig229

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboatdriver View Post
Catch your breath? Not in our Lodge. We do about 40-60 Master Masons a year. Our SD is in charge of the EA team, the JW the FC team, the SW the MM team. The JW does all of the scheduling, the SD deals with usual SD posiiton responsibilities and the EA team. This year it is me in the SD chair and I also head the Educaitonal committee. The JW in our lodge has a REALLY full plate.

Nationwide is one of our new MM's. We got him through a connection on GT believe it or not Machinisttx hooked us all up, and he came down and did the SD in his degree.

So, next year when I get to the JW I can slow down a little? That would be great, I will end up being at the Lodge 5 days this week. Come on next year :-))
You raise 40-60 MM a year???!!! Good grief!!! Our JW is also in charge of our FC Team. Sounds like you guys have a very well oiled machine down there. I have to spend the day at the Lodge doing yard work and Temple Board business.

Last edited by mmsig229; 09-18-2008 at 03:36..