Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-04-2008, 22:04   #1
osiruscyn
Broken Member

Screwed doesn't even begin to describe it.

most of the local races are all going to Dems in the early reporting. If it keeps up, we are in for a world of hurt. Even the Judge's races are turning out crappy
osiruscyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 22:26   #2
JimBianchi
CLM Number 25
Da Da

looks bad now, wait two years and look back, you'l miss the good old days.
SAF

The scariest words in the English language: I'm from the government and I'm here to help! President Ronald Reagan
JimBianchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 00:41   #3
osiruscyn
Broken Member

berkley and titus representing us in the house. real ****ing great. god damnit, just god damnit.

At least Heller won. Still not much of a consolation.

Copening beat Beers and Heck also lost. That sucks big time,

Jessie Walsh has been retained and she is one of THE WORST judges in the system.

This election was absolute trash. Just complete ****.

Last edited by osiruscyn; 11-05-2008 at 11:08..
Old 11-05-2008, 11:11   #4
John's 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by osiruscyn View Post
berkley, titus, and darby all representing us in the house. real ****ing great. All Dems. god damnit, just god damnit.

Jessie Walsh has been retained and she is one of THE WORST judges in the system.
Correction...derby won Clark Co, but lost in overall Nevada. 1 out of 3 sucks, but is better than 0 out of 3!

www.silverstate08.com/

edited to add...dude, your avatar creeps me out...:lol:
Old 11-05-2008, 11:16   #5
John's 26

Nevermind, I see you edited about the same time I posted...
Old 11-05-2008, 11:22   #6
osiruscyn
Broken Member

yeah i posted it last night and at that point, darby was winning. I'm glad heller pulled it out.
Old 11-05-2008, 17:26   #7
SinCityGlocker

I'm thinking of giving up on nevada in favor of Utah. I was born in Las Vegas and have spent my entire 24 year life in the las vegas / Henderson area. I don't say this lightly. If titus (I am in congressional district 3) starts screwing the pooch worse than porter did I may have to leave.
Old 11-05-2008, 17:32   #8
osiruscyn
Broken Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCityGlocker View Post
I'm thinking of giving up on nevada in favor of Utah. I was born in Las Vegas and have spent my entire 24 year life in the las vegas / Henderson area. I don't say this lightly. If titus (I am in congressional district 3) starts screwing the pooch worse than porter did I may have to leave.
i have too much here to be able to up and leave but 5 years ago, we were thisclose to moving to rural Texas and didn't do it. I think that might be the biggest mistake i have ever made in my entire life.

I hate this city and this state is being over run by liberal bastards from california.
Old 11-06-2008, 19:47   #9
tactical9mm

The signs of the liberal infestation were there in 2004 when Bush carried the state by only 20k votes. Between 2004 and 2008 the democratic voter registration in the state went up by over 100k, so the results in the Nevada election is not really a surprise. A disappointment for sure, but not unexpected.

Osiruscyn, I agree that most of them are likely ex-california people.

What will begin to happen now that the population has "shifted" on a local/state level:

1) Forget about removing the blue-card registration in clark county even though it is a clear case of preemption violation.

2) Concealed carry permits and the entire process will somehow become more "expensive"

3) Ballot questions about various forms of gun-control will begin to appear in the future.

4) Anti-gun scum like Shelly Berkley in District one who continue to get re-elected will proliferate candidates into the State/county/local scene. Being anti-gun will no longer be tabu. These types of people will be elected.

As far as nationally, with Obama in the white house and a dem controlled house and senate:

1) They will push to repeal the Tiahrt Amendment
2) Assault weapons and hi-cap magazine ban will be pushed
3) depending on votes a national BAN on concealed carry might be pushed, along with a national FOID system similar to what they use in Obama's home state.

Obama seems to think that the 2nd amendment is about hunting. In reality the 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting but with the people protecting themselves against their government. You can't do that with flintlock muskets today. You need assault rifles, 50 bmg rifles, etc.

It's not going to get easier in Nevada. It will be harder if the liberal immigration continues, let alone with the national climate.
tactical9mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 02:18   #10
jpa
CLM Number 268
Charter Lifetime Member

Send a message via AIM to jpa Send a message via Yahoo to jpa
I think we need to keep this state as unfriendly to libs as possible. I keep talking to people from Cali and they always tell me how they hate it here, how people are so mean, how they wish the state did this and this, etc etc. Then they talk about how they're leaving to go back to Cali or they're continuing east to Utah or AZ. I say we keep their migration moving, let them see how unfriendly this state can be.

Our biggest hassle is going to be being vocal with our elected officials. Make sure they KNOW how we feel and what we think. I heard about the AWB Mark Kirk proposed back in June, I've already sent Shelly an email. Have you? Has your shooting buddy? There's a reason Shelly Berkley was at the groundbreaking for the shooting park. She was there because she knows guns are a hot-button issue in this state, she knows most of the voters here are at least a little pro-gun, and she knows that's how she's going to keep getting sent back to Washington. So what if she brings home a couple million here or there for illegals to go to college or to build a veterans hospital...as long as she keeps her hands off our guns I'll be a happy camper.
Big Dawg #1408, TT #1408
Moto Club #1408, GSSF Member, NRA RSO
NRA Benefactor Member
jpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 14:08   #11
osiruscyn
Broken Member

i had written John Porter a couple times about the assault weapons ban and was against it. However, it doesn't matter now. Dina Titus is a worthless piece of ****. We are screwed in that respect.