Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:22   #451
ScrappyDoo
Tacticool brah!

actually I was gonna say 20% if you bought the whole package and I would pay right away.

ScrappyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:29   #452
wganz

Send a message via AIM to wganz
Any updates on this?
Sub Club #155
wganz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 15:12   #453
glocksalot

ive got the money sitting in my bank account just waiting until they release these...i thought about going through my department for a new glock frame but after i saw this-its all i can think about now!
glocksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 18:36   #454
SamNVegas

Send a message via AIM to SamNVegas
Good luck, they have moved back the release date numerous times, and the website has mentioned coming soon forever!

L.L. Cool J.
(From "S.W.A.T.")
SamNVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 00:12   #455
glocksalot

yeah i downloaded the new products pdf file on their website and it says the new receiver is coming in Feb. 09...its a lil past Feb 09 but im keeping my fingers crossed!!
glocksalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:40   #456
kennjen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNVegas View Post
Good luck, they have moved back the release date numerous times, and the website has mentioned coming soon forever!
Point taken, but we've now seen the actual proto type at shot. So, I think we have some good indication that this is coming sooner rather than later...
kennjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:02   #457
Hackett

Send a message via AIM to Hackett
Can't wait to order mine this month and get the ball rolling on a custom to add to the collection!
Beretta Club Member #1, Tactical Shotgun Club #1884,
1911 Owners Group #1884 (pending), Sig Club #1884, Florida Glocker #1884, 21 Club #1884, GTDS Life Member
Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 11:42   #458
N.D.Glock23

Sorry in advance for the ramble:

You can always hope they follow it all the way through to production, and then keep on going but I've seen some pretty awesome products promised to the public sometimes for several years, and then seen the Working Proto-type, then the end product, arrives & gets
pre - release tested by the gun mags, and LEO's, and Govt. agency's and all of a sudden the product that everyone was so excited about just goes away, (IE; The AA 12 shotgun lowest recoil impulse of any shotty I've ever seen, supposed to have been offered in a civie semi. auto version many years ago.*I really wanted an needed this one but nooooo!*) or is produced but restricted to official LEO. Gov't / Mil. use, (another full auto magazine and Drum fed 12Ga shotty that was supposed to be offered to civies in semi. but was Produced only in full auto and restricted to LEO an Govt. then banned from import or sale to the civies. in the U.S.A.) and the list goes on and on like this going back to when I was a kid, now I'm not saying that these types of things will happen here, it's not as parallel of a subject really; I'm just saying I've gotten so used to the disappointment of an upcoming product that I really really really WANT!!! never even Arriving, on stage so to speak, so I usually just wait till the fat lady sings "THEN" I get all geeked up or not, "If" . . I like the song she's singin; that is.

N.D.
N.D.Glock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 12:33   #459
moncoacp

Vaporware. This thread started in 2008. Advertising something for two years and it isn't even available. Generally a good company but I have lost a lot of respect for them with this move.
moncoacp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 13:01   #460
Hackett

I have been emailing with JR, and though the release has been limited to this point, he assures me that they will be fully available soon.

I have faith that this product will come to fruition.
1911 Owners Group #1884 (pending), Sig Club #1884, Florida Glocker #1884, 21 Club #1884, GTDS Life Member
Old 01-31-2010, 21:47   #461
lunde

N.D.Glock23, you wrote:
Quote:
Sorry in advance for the ramble:

You can always hope they follow it all the way through to production, and then keep on going but I've seen some pretty awesome products promised to the public sometimes for several years, and then seen the Working Proto-type, then the end product, arrives & gets
pre - release tested by the gun mags, and LEO's, and Govt. agency's and all of a sudden the product that everyone was so excited about just goes away, (IE; The AA 12 shotgun lowest recoil impulse of any shotty I've ever seen, supposed to have been offered in a civie semi. auto version many years ago.*I really wanted an needed this one but nooooo!*) or is produced but restricted to official LEO. Gov't / Mil. use, (another full auto magazine and Drum fed 12Ga shotty that was supposed to be offered to civies in semi. but was Produced only in full auto and restricted to LEO an Govt. then banned from import or sale to the civies. in the U.S.A.) and the list goes on and on like this going back to when I was a kid, now I'm not saying that these types of things will happen here, it's not as parallel of a subject really; I'm just saying I've gotten so used to the disappointment of an upcoming product that I really really really WANT!!! never even Arriving, on stage so to speak, so I usually just wait till the fat lady sings "THEN" I get all geeked up or not, "If" . . I like the song she's singin; that is.
LWD has successfully brought many useful products to market, such as high-quality after-market Glock slides. The *only* way to make a Glock 20L is using their slide:

Sponsor Showcase

Sometimes we simply need patience. Of course, most firearm owners want their stuff yesterday.
GT Club Numbers: Niner's #132 / .40 Auto #31 / Top Guns 357 Sig #4 / Big Dawg #254 / 10 Ring #65 / Bull Dawg #58 / Wheelhouse #2 / 1911 #31 / HK #54
Check out my Pistol Wallpaper Pages, the Walther P99 FAQ, and the Sig Pro FAQ
lunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 22:15   #462
rjrivero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamNVegas View Post
Yeah.

Here's a screen shot of my order. Note the order date.
Sponsor Showcase
Attached Thumbnails
Sponsor Showcase - Click for larger version  
rjrivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 23:00   #463
N.D.Glock23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunde View Post
N.D.Glock23,

Sponsor Showcase

Sometimes we simply need patience. Of course, most firearm owners want their stuff yesterday.
Patience??? Whats that???

N.D.
N.D.Glock23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 23:10   #464
JPMuscle

I'm so looking forward to testing one.. especially at the reduced pricing. My G22 is waiting to be cannibalized
JPMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:04   #465
LWD Armorer
GT Sponsor

We did not expect the demand of the LWD Carbine Lowers. I am sure we have filled all back orders clean up to the beginning of October. My next shipment of Carbine lowers will be in some time around the 11th-16th of this month.

Some will be the Pistol Receivers. I will assemble a few to make complete Carbine Receivers, All the rest will be stripped lowers. It is a good size shipment coming in; back orders should be filled all the way to January if not better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjrivero View Post
Yeah.

Here's a screen shot of my order. Note the order date.
Sponsor Showcase
Want to see more?
Visit www.facebook.com/lonewolfdistributors
LWD Armorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:25   #466
Hackett

Dan, That is outstanding to hear! Thanks for the update.
Old 02-01-2010, 17:04   #467
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWD Armorer View Post
We did not expect the demand of the LWD Carbine Lowers. I am sure we have filled all back orders clean up to the beginning of October. My next shipment of Carbine lowers will be in some time around the 11th-16th of this month.

Some will be the Pistol Receivers. I will assemble a few to make complete Carbine Receivers, All the rest will be stripped lowers. It is a good size shipment coming in; back orders should be filled all the way to January if not better.

Is there a difference between pistol and carbine receivers? My only interest in the frame right now is to build a mechtech carbine to go along with my 40 caliber glocks, I am assuming that your frames work in this application.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJYsX1YGiGA
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 18:51   #468
smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullman View Post
Is there a difference between pistol and carbine receivers? My only interest in the frame right now is to build a mechtech carbine to go along with my 40 caliber glocks, I am assuming that your frames work in this application.
I think you're confused -

The Pistol vs Carbine receivers referenced by Dan are AR Type receivers that take GLOCK mags. The plastic pistol frame is a completely different animal.
smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 20:41   #469
nyvp

they make the AR bottoms just for 9m not 40 or 45 correct?
nyvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 22:10   #470
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke View Post
I think you're confused -

The Pistol vs Carbine receivers referenced by Dan are AR Type receivers that take GLOCK mags. The plastic pistol frame is a completely different animal.
I was confused
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJYsX1YGiGA
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 15:29   #471
LWD Armorer
GT Sponsor

Our AR lowers will work with 9mm, 40S&W, and 357 sig uppers. I do not think anyone yet builds uppers in 357 sig. But you can find 9mm and 40 S&W top ends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyvp View Post
they make the AR bottoms just for 9m not 40 or 45 correct?
Want to see more?
Old 02-02-2010, 15:34   #472
LWD Armorer
GT Sponsor

Brand new camera, trying to learn it. The machinist and I took some rounds and had some fun this weekend. I will shoot more with the Timber Wolfs and our Carbines Soon.

Timber Wolf Lower, 22 upper with LWD-229P2 conversion barrel:

http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r...sionbarrel.flv

Timber Wolf Lower, 24 upper with LWD-2440TH barrel

http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r...suppressed.flv
Want to see more?
Old 02-02-2010, 15:39   #473
Hackett

Cool vids!

Looking forward to getting my hands on a LWD GLock Lower, Actually picking up a parts gun Sat. (G34).
Old 02-05-2010, 05:06   #474
GlockBuyer

I would advise Lone Wolf to do something Old Man Gaston doesn't - and that is to spell out in extreme DETAIL the differences between the Lone Wolf Frames and the existing Glock Frames.

"Smallest Grip in the Industry" ??? How small? What is different? How much smaller is the Grip compared to Glock Gen 2,3,4? I liked the initial idea shown on the LWD 2009 catalog, but the production model has Finger Groves and multiple backstraps - just like the Factory Gen 4. (and Glock's 2010 Annual - like all other previous Annuals is sadly lacking on detailed information) Now, it still looks like it may be easier to just stick with doing the Grip Reduction surgery on existing frames........
GlockBuyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:29   #475
ScrappyDoo
Tacticool brah!

LWD Armorer, I had no idea you made a Glock AR lower... Could you explain what else I would need to build a glock AR and how much it would cost approx. / how hard?

I'm no armorer so if it's hard I don't think I could do it... But I can and do read and take instructions well so if it was simply a matter of following the directions I could I think.

Thanks!

ScrappyDoo is offline   Reply With Quote