Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-27-2008, 20:53   #101
jokon
Cold Infidel

I like the idea, why not right? I'll keep my eye open for the G21 conversion, until then YAWN.
jokon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 21:16   #102
JR
GT Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to JR Send a message via Yahoo to JR
The original release is planed as replacement frames only.
Once we get on our feet we will contract to have 2 thousand built. This will qualify the gun to run legal in the SSP (IDPA) and production (USPSA) categories.

We have several well known builders and shooters that provided a lot of input regarding this frame. Believe me when I tell you, every one of them signed off on the finger grips. They are a non issue even to guys that do not want them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 21:27   #103
smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR View Post
The original release is planed as replacement frames only.
Once we get on our feet we will contract to have 2 thousand built. This will qualify the gun to run legal in the SSP (IDPA) and production (USPSA) categories.

We have several well known builders and shooters that provided a lot of input regarding this frame. Believe me when I tell you, every one of them signed off on the finger grips. They are a non issue even to guys that do not want them.
JR - You are not listening - When we say we don't want FG's - We don't want FG's - nuff said! Please do not tell me what is a non-issue!
smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 21:35   #104
JR
GT Sponsor

Well then...... it is obvious this frame is not for you. Maybe a few others feel the same way but here is the truth of the matter. I would be happy if 2% Glock owners liked what we have to offer and only 1% purchased.

This project is not a "save all wonder frame". Its an option. An option that has a nitch and we are here to fill it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Old 10-27-2008, 21:54   #105
smoke

Quote:
Well then...... it is obvious this frame is not for you. Maybe a few others feel the same way but here is the truth of the matter. I would be happy if 2% Glock owners liked what we have to offer and only 1% purchased.

This project is not a "save all wonder frame". Its an option. An option that has a nitch and we are here to fill it.
Oh, but you see - it could be a "save all wonder frame" if you'd open the options up and not try to mandate. You may even get some M&P and XD business from people who don't buy GLOCKs because of the FG's. There's lots of money being made taking the FG's off GLOCKs.

I hope you sell tons of them because that'll put more stock frames on the market that I can buy and mod however I want.

I could comment further but it'd serve no purpose. I do think you need to remember what side of the dealer/customer relationship you're on.
Old 10-27-2008, 21:55   #106
texas 48
Gold Membership
Citizen

Plans for G29 and G30 G26 G27? Would be Very cool and Extra concealable
texas 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 22:04   #107
JR
GT Sponsor

I meant no offence. Simply trying to indicate we will not be able to accommodate everyone. I can accept that fact.

You are positively sold on "no FG", but so were several others involved with this project. I tried to explain that this frame circumference is greatly reduced. It allows a completely different grip and the FG do not interfere. Come out to the Tulsa Show in Nov, SAR Show in Dec (Phoenix), SHOT Show in Jan (Orlando) and see for yourself.

Old 10-27-2008, 22:06   #108
Morris
CLM Number
Charter Lifetime Member

Hey JR:

Thanks for your input here. I'm going to give you a call this week as I'd like to see how a frame like this would work with my officers with small hands who are challenged with the 17/22 frame (especially with the adjustable backstraps). If the pricepoint is lower than the CCR raceframe, that interests the command staff above me.

Certified Glock Armorer
Certified M&P Armorer

Working overtime to pay for Obamacare
Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 22:07   #109
Chuck TX
CLM Number 243
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
The next production will be for the G20,21.
Sweet, I can't wait for that
Old 10-27-2008, 22:15   #110
Bullman
Ahhhhhhh, Bach

Thank you for the additional information JR. Looking forward to that Glock 20 frame.
Bullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 22:24   #111
yongxingfreesty

Very nice product, but Ill stick to my stock glock!
Old 10-27-2008, 22:29   #112
jokon
Cold Infidel

Like I mentioned before, I'm more interested in the 21 conversion. However, that's just me. I have a 21 sf now and definitely think I would be for a conversion for it. I would have gone the ccf route before, but they weren't available at the time I was looking. I would definitely wait for this. I have a ambi model 21, will the conversion be ambi? I know this is jumping the gun (no pun intended) But the more I look, the more I'm interested. I would also be interested in a conversion for the G30 with a grip to accept the full size grip of the 21sf without the big gap.
This is my Christmas list, please Santa, please.
jokon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:34   #113
crosse
Caped Crusader

everyone is a critic. I look forward to buying a lower with a nice 35 lwd upper. or when the 20/21 lower comes out a 5" LWD hunting barrel and upper. positive people. think positive!
crosse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 05:23   #114
m4arc

Very, very cool

I'll be getting one!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:20   #115
1999Cobra

Can't wait I'm very excited about this...
1999Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:32   #116
revel8
hedgehog

i dont see a big problem with the finger grips, they don't look as pronounced at the regular glock ones are.
revel8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:36   #117
coverdog
Platinum Member

I'd take a g20/21 frame. I have no interest in any others myself. Hope to see them soon.
coverdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:37   #118
smoke

Quote:
I meant no offence. Simply trying to indicate we will not be able to accommodate everyone. I can accept that fact.

You are positively sold on "no FG", but so were several others involved with this project. I tried to explain that this frame circumference is greatly reduced. It allows a completely different grip and the FG do not interfere. Come out to the Tulsa Show in Nov, SAR Show in Dec (Phoenix), SHOT Show in Jan (Orlando) and see for yourself.
You are correct sir. So much against FG's that I only own 1 - 3rd Gen Fullsize GLOCK and that is a G35 with the FGs removed. Believe me, I own many GLOCKs, but have to settle for 2nd Gen guns. Gaston can't sell me on FG's, so I doubt you will. BHP's, 1911's, Berettas, Rugers, S&W's, M&P's, XD's, Sigs - none of them have FG's, why would you want to add them is beyond me. I don't see anybody adding FG's to GLOCKs, only taking them off.

As I learn to do frame mods myself, I plan to get some more 3rd Gen Guns. Like I said, I hope you sell tons of these so I can get some factory frames at a reasonable price.

Good Luck in your endeavor!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:55   #119
Eric
Big Giant Head

Guys, if you want to ask questions or post comments in the Product Showcase forum, you need to be polite and exercise some tact. As is usually the case, the warning is unnecessary for most of you. Eric
Old 10-28-2008, 09:52   #120
9mmMike
The Fun-Police

Pretty cool IMHO.
And FWIW, it seems like those with a FG "issue" are in a pretty small minority.
Nice job JR & Co.!

Quote:
"Even if I want to take them away, I don't have the votes in Congress.'' - BHusseinO on "your guns" in Duryea, PA Sept. 08
9mmMike is offline   Reply With Quote