Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-05-2008, 22:51   #1
cburgin

Best gun shops in the piedmont area?

Just as the title says. Places near statesville, Mooresville, Charlotte, etc..Who has the best selection and prices? I am looking for aks, sks', good hang gun prices etc...
cburgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 05:12   #2
alphajaguars

Duncans or Ed and Dale's in N. Wilkesboro.

A little further to drive, but the selections are good.

Duncans also has an indoor range, up to 100 yards, that you get to use for free when you buy a gun.

everything else is just support

Carolina Glocker #69
alphajaguars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:59   #3
cburgin

I know where both of these are. Ed and Dales isnt to high but Duncans is rediculous on price for most things I have seen.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:08   #4
alphajaguars

Depends on what you are looking for.

Ed and Dales seems to be better on rifles and ammo, but Duncan's is better on handguns.

Carolina Glocker #69
Old 11-06-2008, 10:26   #5
cburgin

mostly assault rifles and such things of this nature
Old 11-06-2008, 15:56   #6
alphajaguars

Take a peak at both, but Duncan's normally has a larger selection of those than Ed and Dale's.

Of course, I think Ed and Dale's still has a back store room like they had at their old place, too

Carolina Glocker #69
Old 11-06-2008, 21:51   #7
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

If you go to Charlotte, Hyatt's Gun Shop can be pricey and have so-so customer service. If you go to Firepower, their customer service is horrible, but somewhat better prices. In Gaston County, you have Shooter's Express, good prices, some days they're in a good mood, others, not so much. And then you have Carolina Sporting Arms, so-so customer service, good prices. Throughout all of them, however, I have noticed an aversion against minorities. Treated me well, though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Beware Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 21:34   #8
cburgin

Where are the best price you guys have found on ARs? I am in the mood for one now..
Old 11-07-2008, 22:14   #9
alphajaguars

Duncan's had one, Olympic Arms maybe, for around $700 or $800 last week.

Of course, that was last week....

Carolina Glocker #69
Old 11-09-2008, 10:33   #10
Rob1035
Skeet Surfer

I use Firepower alot, and I use John (either manager or asst manager, "Tattoo John") exclusively, he doesn't BS me, and makes it worth my while.

The Gun Rack is good in Kernersville.

Shooter's Express is decent I guess, but like any shop, you have to wade through a bunch of morons to get someone who knows something.

I'm try to stay away from shops for the time being, a lot of hysteria going on, warranted or not...
Old 11-09-2008, 12:17   #11
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1035 View Post
I use Firepower alot, and I use John (either manager or asst manager, "Tattoo John") exclusively, he doesn't BS me, and makes it worth my while.

Shooter's Express is decent I guess, but like any shop, you have to wade through a bunch of morons to get someone who knows something.
Tattoo John is the only cool guy there. The rest are a worthless clot of human cells. Just check their ratings online and ask around.

As far as Hyatt's, well, in all gun shops you have people lacking in the knowledge department. Still, their customer service is good. They'll treat you right.

Old 11-09-2008, 12:28   #12
MrsKitty

You willing to drive a little further for long guns? Like 5 miles or so into Virginia just north of Mount Airy? Rabbit Ridge has good prices.

www.rabbitridge.biz
Old 11-11-2008, 18:24   #13
triggerpresser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beware Owner View Post
If you go to Charlotte, Hyatt's Gun Shop can be pricey and have so-so customer service. If you go to Firepower, their customer service is horrible, but somewhat better prices. In Gaston County, you have Shooter's Express, good prices, some days they're in a good mood, others, not so much. And then you have Carolina Sporting Arms, so-so customer service, good prices. Throughout all of them, however, I have noticed an aversion against minorities. Treated me well, though.
I have been in all of the shops you mention plenty of times and have never noticed an aversion to minorities. In fact, at least one of the shops mentioned built their business catering to minorities.
As for prices, I have bought from most of these shops and found that while sticker prices may vary, negotiating will usually equalize the prices.
IPSC Member
Gunsmoke Gang
Shoot Straight and Shoot Fast
triggerpresser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 11:28   #14
Beware Owner
NOT a victim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggerpresser View Post
I have been in all of the shops you mention plenty of times and have never noticed an aversion to minorities. In fact, at least one of the shops mentioned built their business catering to minorities.
As for prices, I have bought from most of these shops and found that while sticker prices may vary, negotiating will usually equalize the prices.
That was probably Hyatt's doing the catering. For being the largest retailer, they have the most employees. However, those that I did notice the aversion from, are not there anymore.

Old 11-18-2008, 21:14   #15
civilwarguns

The Great Outdoors in Cherryville, NC. is the place to go, good price and good to deal with. A great gun stock, they have about every thing that you need. Guns-Bows-hunting items-fishing. Cherryville is only about 40mins. west of Charlotte near Gastonia-Shelby- Kings Mtn.
Old 11-20-2008, 14:15   #16
LAURAPDG26

I want to second The Gun Rack in K-ville. The staff there were very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Very fair prices from what I could tell and for a first gun purchaser, they made me very comfortable. I will definitely use them again.
LAURAPDG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 23:39   #17
purpledragonlily

I didn't see it mentioned, but there is a Firepower in Monroe now too, right off 74. I bought my Glock 19 there a few months ago and go to the range there as well. I like them better than the Matthews store. Not quite as much inventory, but good prices and nice people.
James Madison: "Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms." (Federalist Paper #46)
purpledragonlily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 22:04   #18
*ASH*
MEMBER OF 601

i was at eds in vass nc the other day. i was checking out the keltec folding rifle for 300 bucks ,and 4 people there working did not know how to collapse the stock roflmao eds used to be good but jims in fayetteville beat eds prices everytime im buying. and if you find cheaper then jims they will price match .
Old 01-13-2009, 20:59   #19
LarryNC

Try "The Aisle" pawnshop in downtown Mooresville. Ask for Bob.
Old 01-14-2009, 00:10   #20
Short Bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryNC View Post
Try "The Aisle" pawnshop in downtown Mooresville. Ask for Bob.
I have been told this exact same thing. I have not been there yet, but I would really like to go sometime.

Short Bus is offline   Reply With Quote