GlockTalk.com
Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:24   #21
hatidua

Next we'll hear that Obama will promote a bill allowing Catholics to buy condoms - it just never ends
hatidua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:32   #22
Bilbo Bagins
Slacked jawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatidua View Post
Next we'll hear that Obama will promote a bill allowing Catholics to buy condoms - it just never ends
They give them out in public school, who knows if they will pass a law forcing ALL school, even private and catholic schools to hand out condoms.
Bilbo Bagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 14:17   #23
orangedawg19

I had to edit my entire post in order not to force this thread into IBTL mode... so here's what I'll say instead:

Good will triumph over evil.
Florida Glockers #37
G1 Niner's Club #134
Tactical Shotgun #440
Kalashnikov Club #1022
orangedawg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 07:40   #24
98_1LE

Holy misleading title batman.

I hate the thought of abortions, and would never ever advocate one. However, who am I to tell some woman I do not know that she should not have an abortion? It simply isn't my place, nor is it yours. People need to pay more attention to their own lives, and stop trying to mandate what other people do.
98_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 14:50   #25
bigj480
CLM Number 36
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafish View Post
But I bet he stops all federal funding that the hospitals have been receiving if they don't perform abortions.
Maybe, and rightfully so IMHO. Religion has no place in medical practice unless it is the PATIENT'S wish.

Last edited by bigj480; 06-05-2010 at 14:54..
bigj480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 14:53   #26
bigj480
CLM Number 36
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_1LE View Post
Holy misleading title batman.

I hate the thought of abortions, and would never ever advocate one. However, who am I to tell some woman I do not know that she should not have an abortion? It simply isn't my place, nor is it yours. People need to pay more attention to their own lives, and stop trying to mandate what other people do.

I agree with you to a point, until it comes to causing unnecessary pain or anguish. When a fetus can feel pain and or is sentient, it should not legally be allowed to abort it IMHO. Alternatively, we could do off of brain activity, like we do when declaring someone dead, which would be consistent.
bigj480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:20   #27
jerryd

I think Obama is the product of a Botched Abortion !!!
jerryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:26   #28
frank_drebin
1-man flash mob

As we progress as a society, we should legalize abortion up to the age of consent. Who am I to tell a woman that she can't have her unruly middle school children put down? We need to stop telling other people how to live their lives.
frank_drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 22:27   #29
98_1LE

Is it difficult for you to differentiate between an organism that cannot live without the mother, and one that can?

I am pretty sure I first heard that "argument" 25+ years ago in high school debate class.

Last edited by 98_1LE; 06-08-2010 at 22:27..
98_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 14:58   #30
ptwheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj480 View Post
Maybe, and rightfully so IMHO. Religion has no place in medical practice unless it is the PATIENT'S wish.
BigJ ..I second that motion , unless the patient wishes so. Im pro-choice only because if im not its the government telling people what they can and cant do with their bodies, whats next? Personally I would never be involved in an abortion no matter what.Thank GOD Ive never been even close to a situation like that...
ptwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:03   #31
SouthpawShooter
Rocker Glocker

No matter how you feel about using abortions as a method of birth control, here is an issue that needs to be addressed.

There are times when a pregnancy has complications, and it has now become dangerous for the mother to continue carrying this particular fetus. Unfortunately, sometimes the fetus has such deformations, that it will most likely not survive, and even if it does, not for long, or in a condition that is horrendous.

What if a pregnant woman is now in a crisis where it's either remove the fetus, or lose them both for sure? Should a hospital just say, "sorry, it's the Lords' will", and refuse to perform this procedure to save the life of the mother?

I for one don't think they should have to perform this procedure for the purpose of birth control, but it's when they refuse to do so in these circumstances that it gets dicey. Especially if they want public money.

The father of a good friend of mine is an ob/gyn and he once said he would refuse to abort no matter what stating "it's God's will" whether she lives through the delivery or not. This is dangerous ground. Do we really want this kind of thing to be allowed?
SouthpawShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 14:07   #32
"Old Salt"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawShooter View Post
No matter how you feel about using abortions as a method of birth control, here is an issue that needs to be addressed.

There are times when a pregnancy has complications, and it has now become dangerous for the mother to continue carrying this particular fetus. Unfortunately, sometimes the fetus has such deformations, that it will most likely not survive, and even if it does, not for long, or in a condition that is horrendous.

What if a pregnant woman is now in a crisis where it's either remove the fetus, or lose them both for sure? Should a hospital just say, "sorry, it's the Lords' will", and refuse to perform this procedure to save the life of the mother?

I for one don't think they should have to perform this procedure for the purpose of birth control, but it's when they refuse to do so in these circumstances that it gets dicey. Especially if they want public money.

The father of a good friend of mine is an ob/gyn and he once said he would refuse to abort no matter what stating "it's God's will" whether she lives through the delivery or not. This is dangerous ground. Do we really want this kind of thing to be allowed?
Wow thread resurrection...

"I carry a gun, 'cause a cop is too heavy."
807364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 20:31   #33
SouthpawShooter
Rocker Glocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 807364 View Post
I never come in this subforum.

I saw what was to me, a "new post". I didn't look at the date until after I responded.

Oh well.
SouthpawShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 15:20   #34
Woofie
CLM Number 293
Disirregardless

Send a message via AIM to Woofie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthpawShooter View Post

If it's "God's will" why do we even bother having hospitals?

"I don't need to figure probabilities, and I don't need facts." JBnTx

"Maybe they should drink like Woofie and come up with pure brilliance." OXCOPS

"Woofie is the only smart one around here." Photoman642
Woofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 18:08   #35
Roering
Sorting nuts

Won't happen. The Church will not go for it.

Never buy vegan tacos from a chick with longer armpit hair than yourself. - Woofie
Roering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 20:12   #36
Texas357
CLM Number 224
Señor Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
If it's "God's will" why do we even bother having hospitals?
Or restaurants.

"I nominate you for President of Texas!" - Dr. Octagon
"I accept your nomination, and thank you for your vote."- Texas357
Texas357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 15:55   #37
Bilbo Bagins
Slacked jawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 807364 View Post
Your telling me, My first post on this thread was in Nov 2008.

I was only on GT for a month and a half, and Obama was not even sworn in yet.

My second post talked about the possibility forcing Catholic schools to give out condoms. That didn't happen yet, but under Obamacare Catholic hospitals are being forced to give out condoms and other contraceptives starting in Jan 2013.

Here is a news story from a few days ago.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...lic-hospitals/

Its seems Obama might make an exceptions. Don't want to loose those Catholic votes with the 2012 election around the corner.
Bilbo Bagins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:50   #38
CoffinCheater
Watchman

Considering that the vast majority of Catholics are Democrats and vote to support abortion, this thread is amusing.

Last edited by CoffinCheater; 12-25-2011 at 02:51..
CoffinCheater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 03:26   #39
id1otbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffinCheater View Post
Considering that the vast majority of Catholics are Democrats and vote to support abortion, this thread is amusing.
I agree with you there. It seems with our system everyone has to continually compromise. Darn our diverse country!
id1otbox is offline   Reply With Quote