SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-16-2008, 23:35   #1
pt945
GLOCK 17

wearing of mini ribbons

what are the rules and regs for wearing the mini ribbons? the ones i am refering to are the miniature version of the "rack" worn above the left brest pocket. i would like to get a set to wear on a ball cap but i cant find any thing on about this

like the ones pictured below

thanks
chris

Last edited by pt945; 01-02-2009 at 20:51..
pt945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:25   #2
CPT_CRUNCH
P.O.W.

straight from AR 670-1

a. Miniature medals are replicas of regular size medals, made to a scale of one-half the size of the original. Except for the Medal of Honor, for which there is no miniature, only miniature decorations and service medals are authorized for wear on the mess and evening mess uniforms. Personnel will not wear full-size medals, service and training ribbons, or U.S. and foreign unit award emblems with miniature medals. Only the dress miniature-size combat and special skill badges are worn with miniature medals.
b. Miniature decorations and service medals are authorized for wear on the following uniforms.
(1) Male personnel. On the Army white and blue uniforms, the white and blue mess and evening mess uniforms; and on the left lapel of formal civilian attire, when wear of Army uniforms is inappropriate or not authorized. Miniature badges are authorized for wear on the AG shade 415 shirt. (See para 29-17b for wear of combat and special skill badges with miniature medals; see paragraphs 29-17c and 29-18d for wear of combat and special skill badges on the AG shade 415 shirt.)

:patriot:
CPT_CRUNCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:43   #3
Dean

That's a Veteran's hat, that's fine.

Straight from a veteran of the US Army and Coast Guard:
Wear your medals, your minature medals, or your metal ribbon replicas, as well as your rank insignia, unit crests and skill badges any respectful way that you please. If you want to have a little pin that looks like a ribbon on your hat that's fine.

I've got a hat in there in my closet that has gold crossed pistols, little fouled anchors and a shield, a tiny US flag pin I got from the Homeland Security Department, and a pin of a blue Army unit crest with a gold statue of liberty on it. We call that a Veteran's Hat. You can buy them at the VA hospital or you can make your own like I did. It stimulates conversation with other veterans.
That's fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT_CRUNCH View Post
straight from AR 670-1

a. Miniature medals are replicas of regular size medals, made to a scale of one-half the size of the original. Except for the Medal of Honor, for which there is no miniature, only miniature decorations and service medals are authorized for wear on the mess and evening mess uniforms. Personnel will not wear full-size medals, service and training ribbons, or U.S. and foreign unit award emblems with miniature medals. Only the dress miniature-size combat and special skill badges are worn with miniature medals.
b. Miniature decorations and service medals are authorized for wear on the following uniforms.
(1) Male personnel. On the Army white and blue uniforms, the white and blue mess and evening mess uniforms; and on the left lapel of formal civilian attire, when wear of Army uniforms is inappropriate or not authorized. Miniature badges are authorized for wear on the AG shade 415 shirt. (See para 29-17b for wear of combat and special skill badges with miniature medals; see paragraphs 29-17c and 29-18d for wear of combat and special skill badges on the AG shade 415 shirt.)
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:51   #4
CPT_CRUNCH
P.O.W.

so there you go... you asked for the reg, i showed you what AR 670-1 states regarding mini-ribbon wear.

but as dean stated, wear your medals, rank, etc. its a pride thing, wear them proudly and in a dignified manner.
Old 11-18-2008, 18:27   #5
pt945
GLOCK 17

guys thanks

i will have to stick with all my other pins like my 2ID indian head and other pins. Don't have the heart to go against the regs.

CPT_CRUNCH funny thing i never thought about looking up the ar 670-1 on the net i was too lazy to look for mine. i have a BIG library of AR/FM/TM books that i have collected.

thanks
chris
Old 11-18-2008, 19:07   #6
GreenBeret1631

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt945 View Post
guys thanks

i will have to stick with all my other pins like my 2ID indian head and other pins. Don't have the heart to go against the regs.

CPT_CRUNCH funny thing i never thought about looking up the ar 670-1 on the net i was too lazy to look for mine. i have a BIG library of AR/FM/TM books that i have collected.

thanks
chris

Here is a link to some mini-ribbons that would work better than the actual mini-medals for a hat. They were designed for veterans and not for active duty folks. They don't come under the Ar's. If you earned them Wear them!

http://www.usmedals.com/RibbonTypeMini.aspx

"To make war upon rebellion is messy and slow, like eating soup with a knife" -TE Lawrence.
GreenBeret1631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 19:10   #7
Javelin
Silver Membership
Got Glock?

Before I left the army I bought my set of mini-medals (never had any use for them as we never wore anything but greens). They are great for nostalgia now.

Disclaimer: This writer is not a lawyer. This product is meant for entertainment and fan or political fiction purposes only and writer accepts no liability. All material should be considered as infotainment only. Writer does not own any characters, topics or subject matter in this story. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is for entertainment only. If rash, irritation, redness, or swelling develops, discontinue reading immediately and consult your physician.
Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 17:07   #8
pt945
GLOCK 17

green beret i have just ordered 2 sets from usmedals.com (medals of America)
i got one for my hat and one for the headliner of my truck. i have a collection of my unit crests and flags and rank and other various pins i am proud i have earned.

i will have to post a pic or the hat when i get it together. hopefully it will not take very long to get here.

thanks for all the info guys. realized i am proud of my accomplishments and and going to ware them on the hat for special occations

thanks
chris
Old 11-22-2008, 03:59   #9
CPT_CRUNCH
P.O.W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt945 View Post
green beret i have just ordered 2 sets from usmedals.com (medals of America)
i got one for my hat and one for the headliner of my truck. i have a collection of my unit crests and flags and rank and other various pins i am proud i have earned.

i will have to post a pic or the hat when i get it together. hopefully it will not take very long to get here.

thanks for all the info guys. realized i am proud of my accomplishments and and going to ware them on the hat for special occations

thanks
chris

HOOAH!!! Thanks for your service!