Home Forums Classifieds Blogs Today's Posts Search Social Groups

SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 11-18-2008, 10:26   #1
.40 caliber

NEED help with NCOER's

Here is the situation. My DOR is 1 Dec so naturally thats when my NCOER is due. My working NCOER is already at Battallion S1. The problem is the one before that has not even posted yet. I have been to Battallion several times and had them rescan it to HRC. I have been told that if my working NCOER post before the one that has not posted from a year ago that it's a VERY bad thing, but I am not 100% bsure about that.

Any thoughts or ideas on how I can submit it myself in a more timely manner. And is it really that bad if my working NCOER posts before the one from a year ago. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-03-2008, 16:15   #2
CPT_CRUNCH
P.O.W.

.40 cal, hope you're previous NCOER got squared away. based on the plethera of helpful suggestions... i'm guessing the collective audience didnt know what to do. any advice for the rest of us?

i have a similar problem w/ a 1059 from a course i've attended. hrc disapproved it. i really dont care too much cause it still shows up on my orb. plus i've re-classed so it doesnt matter anyways.
:patriot:
CPT_CRUNCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 16:39   #3
Training Junkie

You may want to try one of these forums to ask your question:

www.armyforums.com

www.forums.military.com

Or, if your btln s-1 can't help you then try your brigade.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:32   #4
syntaxerrorsix
CLM Number 301
Anti-Federalist

If your working NCOER is at battalion, going to Brigade will accomplish zero. What is your rater saying? It is after all his responsibility to follow up. Your First Sergeant and your CSM are your immediate NCO support channel after your Sqd/Plt Sergeant. Use your chain of command.

Are you promotable or moving from the secondary to the primary? If none of those apply, a late NCOER reflects on your rater moreso than yourself. Don't sweat it.

If you are close in points and promotable start lighting fires under your chain of command.

syntaxerrorsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:42   #5
.40 caliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntaxerrorsix View Post
If your working NCOER is at battalion, going to Brigade will accomplish zero. What is your rater saying? It is after all his responsibility to follow up. Your First Sergeant and your CSM are your immediate NCO support channel after your Sqd/Plt Sergeant. Use your chain of command.

Are you promotable or moving from the secondary to the primary? If none of those apply, a late NCOER reflects on your rater moreso than yourself. Don't sweat it.

If you are close in points and promotable start lighting fires under your chain of command.
Thats the problem, my rater PCS'ed to the Netherlands about a month back.
And yes I am promotable, just went to the board in October. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions guys.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:03   #6
FDC

1. Since the NCOER seems to be less than a couple years old, you may be able to submit it yourself.
--Is it a version 6 pureedge form with signatures? If yes, submit with electronic signatures through AKO Myforms.
--If if is a previous version pureedge form, or a manually signed formflow form submit via mail or email. If you navigate through the various BCKS pages, you'll find something called S1Net. It's something for the PAC weenies, but has good info for EVERY NCO. Go to the evaluations section, do a little investigating, and you'll find the address plus a whole ****ton of info about NCOERs.
2. You say you just WENT to the board. I'm assuming it's the SSG board. If so, don't worry you have tons of time to be eligible for SFC.
3. It doesn't matter WHEN it posts, just that it posts prior to the centralized promotion board document cutoff. Log on here to see what is posted for youhttps://www.isdrad16.army.mil/iwrs/AcceptTermsServlet.
4. WTF kind of MOS is stationed in Virginia Beach and gets reassigned to the Netherlands?
5. Edit to add---the DOR has very little to do with when an NCOER is due, unless you are a cherry SGT/E-5.

Last edited by FDC; 12-05-2008 at 03:06..
FDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 14:04   #7
.40 caliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDC View Post
1. Since the NCOER seems to be less than a couple years old, you may be able to submit it yourself.
--Is it a version 6 pureedge form with signatures? If yes, submit with electronic signatures through AKO Myforms.
--If if is a previous version pureedge form, or a manually signed formflow form submit via mail or email. If you navigate through the various BCKS pages, you'll find something called S1Net. It's something for the PAC weenies, but has good info for EVERY NCO. Go to the evaluations section, do a little investigating, and you'll find the address plus a whole ****ton of info about NCOERs.
2. You say you just WENT to the board. I'm assuming it's the SSG board. If so, don't worry you have tons of time to be eligible for SFC.
3. It doesn't matter WHEN it posts, just that it posts prior to the centralized promotion board document cutoff. Log on here to see what is posted for youhttps://www.isdrad16.army.mil/iwrs/AcceptTermsServlet.
4. WTF kind of MOS is stationed in Virginia Beach and gets reassigned to the Netherlands?
5. Edit to add---the DOR has very little to do with when an NCOER is due, unless you are a cherry SGT/E-5.

1. Yes it is a version 6 pure edge form with signatures.
2. Yes I went to the SSG board on Oct. 21. Your right, I do have tons of time.
3. Are you saying its okay as long as it post before I make cutoff for SSG, or before I get looked at for SFC.
4. He is a 88H. But he is a couple of years from retiring so he pulled some strings to get a cushy SDDC job, the one I wanted.
5. So your NCOER is not due on the date you were pinned. Ireally know nothing about NCOER'S except what I been reading. never had the mentorship here.

Thanks for the reply.
Old 12-05-2008, 17:46   #8
FDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by .40 caliber View Post
1. Yes it is a version 6 pure edge form with signatures.
2. Yes I went to the SSG board on Oct. 21. Your right, I do have tons of time.
3. Are you saying its okay as long as it post before I make cutoff for SSG, or before I get looked at for SFC.
4. He is a 88H. But he is a couple of years from retiring so he pulled some strings to get a cushy SDDC job, the one I wanted.
5. So your NCOER is not due on the date you were pinned. Ireally know nothing about NCOER'S except what I been reading. never had the mentorship here.

Thanks for the reply.
You can submit your missing version 6 with electronic signatures yourself through AKO myforms. See instructions at this link https://www.hrc.army.mil/site/Active...MP_Webpage.htm--check out "Section E Send to HQDA" on the right hand side. If you log onto the link I posted in the other post, you may see a status of your missing eval. I'd give S-1 another month or so. The NCOER processing at DA is not exactly timely. When was the last one thru---NOV 07?

For promotion purposes, your NCOER and records really will not matter until you go for SFC. It can post whenever it wants. As someone already stated, the late NCOER is more of a black mark on the rater and the unit than you.

Your NCOER is generally a year long report. DOR comes into play when you haven't had an NCOER before(a new NCO). After that it goes by when your last eval was. If your DOR for SGT is 1 DEC, and you remain under the same rater, you would get an Annual report thru November of the next year. Suppose you got a new rater in August--you would(SHOULD) get a Change of Rater then, and your year would restart then.

Check out AR 623-3 and DA Pam 623-3, it will tell you more than you want to know about NCOERs. For some good professional development, pay particular attention to rating chain qualifications, different types of NCOERs, and Non-Rated codes. Links to poth pubs can be found here: https://www.hrc.army.mil/site/Active...D)/ESO/eso.htm. Have fun.

The NCOER program is your 1SG's baby. If there is something ****ed up, he should be able to tell you.
Old 12-09-2008, 16:25   #9
CPT_CRUNCH
P.O.W.

Quote:
SDDC in NL... is that at schinnen? if so, yeah he's got a cushy assignment... you're missing out! we did all our commissary shopping at schinnen when i was that way.
Old 12-09-2008, 16:51   #10
.40 caliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT_CRUNCH View Post
SDDC in NL... is that at schinnen? if so, yeah he's got a cushy assignment... you're missing out! we did all our commissary shopping at schinnen when i was that way.
Yes sir, I believe that is exactly where he is at. He reminded me just about every time we talked just how much I am missing out. But hey I have plenty of years ahead of me.
Old 12-09-2008, 17:21   #11
deadday

The Netherlands? Seriously? I got ****holes like Ft Knox, Area I Korea, A-stan, and Ft Sam.....*******...

As to your problem, I've got nothing to offer, sorry...
There's one less tornado in Texas, a saddle is empty tonight...There's one hell of a cowboy in heaven, at the big rodeo in the sky. RIP LCpl Blake Wafford, Spc. Devon Gibbons, PFC Dean Bright, SSg Brian Craig. In the field we had a code of honor: you watch my back, I watch yours. Back here there's NOTHING.
deadday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 20:14   #12
CPT_CRUNCH
P.O.W.

Quote:
Yes sir, I believe that is exactly where he is at. He reminded me just about every time we talked just how much I am missing out. But hey I have plenty of years ahead of me.
yeah, that place is about the size of my bedroom... but its a good spot. close to paris, amsterdam, brussels... yeah. how he gonna take your assignment and then screw up your NCOER. just kidding.

if you get the chance, do go to NL. if you cant get Schinnen try for JFC Brunssum, its also in NL and is a small NATO assignment.

http://www.jfcbs.nato.int/

Last edited by CPT_CRUNCH; 12-09-2008 at 20:15.. Reason: added website
Old 12-21-2008, 13:02   #13
bearshoegun

man, I've only been out over a year but has the NCOER situation changed that much? I thought the BN S-1 tracked it all the to HRC and your 1SG should at least be all over that!

Seriously, go directly to the Chief at your Personnel building and have him get on it. I know back then a 1 month late NCOER would have about 3 people all over it!
bearshoegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 09:56   #14
bennwj
Silver Membership
CSM

Send a message via MSN to bennwj Send a message via Yahoo to bennwj Send a message via Skype™ to bennwj
You CAN NOT send a NCOER to HRS yourself. Is has to go through your PSB.

--attributed to two people: Barack Obama and George Armstrong Custer.
bennwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:00   #15
.40 caliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennwj View Post

Okay, thanks SGM
Old 12-30-2008, 12:32   #16
bennwj
Silver Membership
CSM

Send a message via MSN to bennwj Send a message via Yahoo to bennwj Send a message via Skype™ to bennwj
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearshoegun View Post
man, I've only been out over a year but has the NCOER situation changed that much? I thought the BN S-1 tracked it all the to HRC and your 1SG should at least be all over that!

Seriously, go directly to the Chief at your Personnel building and have him get on it. I know back then a 1 month late NCOER would have about 3 people all over it!
Everything is now submitted directly from the Senior Rater electronically through My Forms on AKO. It is the responsibility of the Senior Rater to obtain all signatures (electronically with your CAC Card).

In the OPs case his last NCOER is nearly a year old and PSB needs to send that one.

When I was a 1SG the NCOER was due to me on the first duty day of the last rated month. If it was not on my desk, people stayed late until it was. An NCOER is not late now unless it is not at HRC 90 days after the rating period is over. Thankfully somebody changed that so there would be fewer late NCOERs

I also maintained ALL NCOER counselings in my office. Raters had total access, but it was my check to make sure it was being done properly.

We also had the S-1 submit all NCOERs and the Rater, Senior Rater and Reviewer all got a signed electronic copy to keep until we got confirmation that it had been posted.

In 2007 it was taking HRC 5 MONTHS to post some NCOERs. Thankfully that has been fixed.

Old 12-30-2008, 13:25   #17
.40 caliber

[QUOTE=bennwj;11951839] An NCOER is not late now unless it is not at HRC 90 days after the rating period is over. Thankfully somebody changed that so there would be fewer late NCOERs

QUOTE]

SGM, since my NCOER IS due 1 Dec, you are saying I have until 1 March before its considered late?
Old 12-31-2008, 02:59   #18
FDC

Quote:
Technically that is incorrect.

Any knucklehead with an AKO, and a correct NCOER with PSB and CMD Code can submit to HRC.

Is he supposed to? No. Would I do it if the 1SG, S-1, and PSB were on their ass? Yes.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:19   #19
bennwj
Silver Membership
CSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDC View Post
Technically that is incorrect.

Any knucklehead with an AKO, and a correct NCOER with PSB and CMD Code can submit to HRC.

Is he supposed to? No. Would I do it if the 1SG, S-1, and PSB were on their ass? Yes.

True, but in the OPs case his NCOER he was talking about (and the one I was referring to) is over a year old. There have been changes to the DA 2166-8 (in MY FORMS) that the old one was written on. HRC will not accept it. Because it is going to be submitted 90 days past the end of the rated period it MUST go through PSB, or his BDE S-1 if that PAC functions as a PSB. The 90 day rule was put in place to keep people from submitting late NCOERs without the chain-of-command knowing about it. Some Posts will not submit after 90 days without a cover level signed all the way to the BDE commander explaining why the NCOER was late.

Under the current system the SENIOR RATER has to obtain all signatures with the CAC card and submit it OR the S-1 can. We had a Senior Rater that had the RATED NCO sign the NCOER the day before the RATER signed it and it was kicked back by the system, because the RATED NCOs signature has to be the last one obtained, by regulation.

Unfortunately, there are some lazy 1SGs (and CSMs) out there who are not reviewing NCOERs and they are being accepted with mistakes and poorly justified bullet comments.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:38   #20
bennwj
Silver Membership
CSM

[quote=.40 caliber;11952173]
Quote:
An NCOER is not late now unless it is not at HRC 90 days after the rating period is over. Thankfully somebody changed that so there would be fewer late NCOERs

QUOTE]

SGM, since my NCOER IS due 1 Dec, you are saying I have until 1 March before its considered late?

An NCOER can now cover 15 months instead of the old 12. It would take way too long to explain the circumstances of the 15 month rule here so reference AR 623-3.

Of note it says: 217. Review of noncommissioned officer reports
a. Every NCOER will be reviewed by the first sergeant, CSM, or SGM and signed by an official who meets the
reviewer requirements of paragraph 28b.

If the END DATE on your NCOER is 1 DEC, then it has to be at HRC NLT 1 MAR. In the past it had to be signed (final copy) NLT 30 days after the end of the rated period and at HRC NLT 60 days after the rated period.

Because of the GWOT, transmission of NCOERs was taking longer so it was extended to 90 days.

The new 2007 regulation: Changes the time requirements for submission to HQDA for all military evaluations (OER, NCOER, and AER) to receive at HQDA within 90 days after the THRU date on the report (para 3-37).

3-37

h. Evaluation reports (OER, NCOER, and AER) will be forwarded to reach HQDA no later than 90 days after the ending day of the report.

You can sign your NCOER up to 14 days prior to the THRU date, but it can not be submitted to HRC until the actual THRU date. This is so somebody can get an annual before PCS or going TDY if an annual would be due within two weeks anyway.

As a Noncommissioned Officer you really need to study the NCOER system not only for yourself but so you can take care of your Soldiers and give them the evaluations they deserve. I have many friends who have been bard members at DA boards (SFC, MSG and SGM) and one of their biggest complaints is that NCOERs either obviously inflate what the rated NCO did or they do not tell enough.