SIGN-UP
Notices

Glock Talk
Welcome To The Glock Talk Forums.

Old 10-21-2008, 17:46   #1
Mrs. VR
Administrator

My old gavel

I was just unpacking some boxes from when we moved (*cough*five years ago*cough*) and came across my old Grand Worthy Advisor gavel. I know where my plain wood Worthy Advisor one was, but I haven't seen this one in YEARS.

It's lucite, and it has the rainbow emblem on one side, and the seven colors on the other, my name, year, etc engraved on the band.

It was a neat blast from the past, and I didn't know really who else (besides my family) would get the significance, so I thought i'd post it here.

90/9/1

Mrs. VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 18:13   #2
Notrega

WOW - those kind of finds do make you look back huh? I can't believe it's been almost 3 years since I was WM... where does the time go?

Are you still active?
Old 10-21-2008, 19:44   #3
Mrs. VR
Administrator

I haven't been active since our second kid was born, just didn't have the time, but I'm still a member in good standing of my Eastern Star chapter. (mostly cause my dad is the secretary and pays my dues if I forget. )

90/9/1

Old 10-21-2008, 20:54   #4
Notrega

yeah the wheels would fall off the wagon if it was not for most Secretaries...

Take a look at this site - http://www.mastersjewel.com/catalog/index.php

I got a ring from this guy after I left the East... I was worried that it would be to big so I called him. He took some pictures of the one I was looking at with others for scale... I was still hesitant, so he asked for my address and sent me a sterling silver ring in my size with no stone and just told me to send it back when I was done with it... It was perfect - sent it back with a money order... Something on here may make good gifts...
Old 10-21-2008, 21:38   #5
Mrs. VR
Administrator

great site!
my star ring was a gift from my parents when i was initiated, and I HATE it. IT's totally the opposite of what I would have picked out, but the thought was what counted. I just never wear it. My rainbow ring, I still have tucked away also. I know where my PGWA jewel is, but I have no idea where my Grand Cross of Color is.

90/9/1

Old 10-21-2008, 22:09   #6
jetboatdriver
CLM Number 47
Charter Lifetime Member

This is a great thread, making for interesting reading.
Lone Star Glockers #3036 - Big Dawgs # 1903 - SW Solstice Club - Nat'l Assoc Solstice/Sky Owners
Panther City #1183, AF&AM Cooke-Peavy 1162 AF&AM Worth Commandery #19 -Texas Chapter 362-Council 321-Trinity York Rite College-Fort Worth SR - Moslah Shrine;Tranquility Lodge #2000
jetboatdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 19:14   #7
cop414

This thread reminds me of my last night as WM of my lodge. The day before I had been at the lodge going over the meeting with brothers and at one point the head flew off of my gavel. I had taken it home to fix it. As I was laying out my tux and other things the next night I had the gavel on my bed. My daughter who would have been eight at the time came into the bedroom, picked up the gavel and said - Daddy, how many more times are you going to have to go down there at night and hit those guys with this hammer? I laughed my *** off. I guess it made me realize just how time consuming it all was. I went on to be treasurer for eight years and am receiving my past treasurers jewel at lodge this December. Thanks for bringing back a great memory...
Lethal Force Institute I, Street Survival, Certified Glock Armorer, Sub Club #414, Kel Tec talk #5, Freemasons Lodge #31, Past Master Danville F&AM Lodge #224

25 years of being the toilet paper that wipes society's azz!!
cop414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 19:40   #8
jetboatdriver
CLM Number 47
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cop414 View Post
This thread reminds me of my last night as WM of my lodge. The day before I had been at the lodge going over the meeting with brothers and at one point the head flew off of my gavel. I had taken it home to fix it. As I was laying out my tux and other things the next night I had the gavel on my bed. My daughter who would have been eight at the time came into the bedroom, picked up the gavel and said - Daddy, how many more times are you going to have to go down there at night and hit those guys with this hammer? I laughed my *** off. I guess it made me realize just how time consuming it all was. I went on to be treasurer for eight years and am receiving my past treasurers jewel at lodge this December. Thanks for bringing back a great memory...
That is a hilarious and precious story...mind if I steal it?
Lone Star Glockers #3036 - Big Dawgs # 1903 - SW Solstice Club - Nat'l Assoc Solstice/Sky Owners
Panther City #1183, AF&AM Cooke-Peavy 1162 AF&AM Worth Commandery #19 -Texas Chapter 362-Council 321-Trinity York Rite College-Fort Worth SR - Moslah Shrine;Tranquility Lodge #2000
Old 10-23-2008, 22:03   #9
mmsig229

My last night in the East will be a week from Monday. It's been a long year. My Lodge received the Grand Masters Award at Grand Lodge last week. Only about 15% of the Lodges received this award. My Lodge will give me a PM Apron and Jewel. I'm ordering presents for my officers and will give them either at my last meeting, or at Installation. I'm not off the hook though. I'm still president of Temple Board.
mmsig229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:35   #10
nationwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmsig229 View Post
My Lodge received the Grand Masters Award at Grand Lodge last week. Only about 15% of the Lodges received this award.
Wow, Congrats!!!

This is a GLOCK forum!!!! :rant:
nationwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:44   #11
cop414

gavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboatdriver View Post
That is a hilarious and precious story...mind if I steal it?
Not at all brother
Lethal Force Institute I, Street Survival, Certified Glock Armorer, Sub Club #414, Kel Tec talk #5, Freemasons Lodge #31, Past Master Danville F&AM Lodge #224

25 years of being the toilet paper that wipes society's azz!!
cop414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:52   #12
jetboatdriver
CLM Number 47
Charter Lifetime Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cop414 View Post
Not at all brother
Thanks, it will find its way into a talk or trestle board.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:07   #13
Bilbo Baggins

*thinking* My gavel from 2004 is in a closet somewhere.

*makes mental note to go look when I get home*

But I wear my PM apron and jewel every time I go to lodge. It makes a good conversation as I am a PM in Pennsylvania but have since moved to Georgia where the apron and Jewel is way different.
Old 11-10-2008, 22:40   #14
Mrs. VR
Administrator

COP414, that's a great story!

My dad became a Mason when I was about 5, and was VERY active from the get-go. Still is, thirty three years later.

90/9/1